Chapter 18
216 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at them I could see that their cheeks had finally started to fill in and I couldn't help smile at the thought of them having cute puffy cheeks, as soon as I dealt with the old place our next step was to get the three of us to the hospital for that check-up. 

The memory the host had of them when they were born looking like white smooth and round mantou came back to me and I wanted to see that like that again. Just for them to be jolly fat little babies that had not a care in the world.

I scraped their bowls clean so that they had every last bit of food in them and took out the bottles I had filled with water and placed them near their lips. Though they weren't as energetic as they were when they first started eating they still drank their water with gusto. 

As they finished I took turns to burp each of them and then placed them back in their chairs. I removed the dishes so they couldn't get them and then turned to my own meal. 

Looking at the seven men that still stood aside observing our family of three I could only sigh and signal for them to come and eat. 

When they didn't move I sighed again "sit and eat, it's just for tonight tomorrow I'll have the steward hire a chef and then you can sit wherever you want to eat. Don't waste my effort."

After I said that they all walked over and sat down. It was only when I had picked up my chopsticks and taken the first bite of food that they began to eat. I knew it wasn't because they thought I would poison them but instead it was to show respect to the head of the house.

I nodded slightly and we continued to eat in silence. Aside from the curious coos of the boys as they watched us eat there were no other sounds. 

With dinner finishing in such a peaceful setting I made my way to the kitchen with the dishes and did the last bit of cleaning up as they returned to whatever it was they were doing.

By the time I finished wiping my hands and returned to the dining room the boys were slumping to the side with drowsy eyes as their little mouths opened to release their cute yawns.

With a smile I picked them up and then went upstairs and got them prepared for bed, making sure to enjoy every second of it because there was a chance I wouldn't make it back in time the next day to settle them down for bed. 

When they finally fell asleep I took a comfortable bath soaking for nearly an hour before I got out. I dried off and pulled on my draws, taking my phone as I moved to look out the window. Figuring that the commander and his men were done when I saw none of them in the yard. I placed a quick order with my phone and then set the alarm for five am before I got in bed and drifted off to sleep.

The sun had yet to make its appearance when the alarm went off, just as it did I snatched the phone and turned it off. Even when I had set it to a low volume I didn't want to risk it waking the boys, because I didn't want to go it would be harder for me to do so if they were awake.

I moved with quick and quiet steps as I showered and got ready for the day, in a few minutes I was dressed and slipping on a cap as I walked lightly over to the crib. Looking at the boys that slept soundly as they held on to each other I couldn't help but smile but also felt a bit regretful that I couldn't just stay and watch them.

Giving one last glance I took my things and left the room when I went downstairs the lights were already on and the commander and his men were already sitting around in the living room looking at me. I bristled to be greeted by such a sight so early in the morning but shook it off and prepared to go.

"The boys won't be up until seven am by then the nannies will be here, just keep an eye on them to make sure they are okay. When the steward arrives tell him to hire a chef for me. Also, delivery for a few baby monitors will be arriving later just set it up for me and make sure you always have them on hand." Watching him nod seriously at my every request eased my nerves a little so I continued with the rest of my instructions. 

"Oh also for today keep the boys inside when I get back I'll start taking them out, I can't rest assured if they are not in the house when I'm not here. If I think of anything else I'll just message you."

"I understand, just do what you need to we'll make sure to keep the boys safe." I nodded again and stepped out with the men right behind me.

I got into my car, buckled my set belt, and then started it up before driving off when I made sure they had done the same. We were stopped at the gate because this was the first time I was actually leaving the community since I moved in. After a quick check and confirmation, we left the community and made it on the road towards the old apartment. 

I was hoping that when we got there I could just make quick work of everything and then return home to be with the boys because when I had that dealt with the first chapter of our lives could begin.

 

(Sorry, this chap is about a hundred words short but I felt like it should stop here. Oh also if you find that the characters in my book don't talk much it's because I don't and have no idea how to carry out a conversation as a human being because when I talk all I do is rant.)

10