Chapter 19
161 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had been on the road for an hour when the sun began to rise in the sky, finally exiting the city as it slowly came to life. The drive was quiet and since none of us showed interest in eating there was no need to make c0nstant stops so we made quick work of arriving back at the old apartment.

I parked and got out of the car the two following me closely behind. Because it was a poor area our arrival drew much attention adults and children alike stopped what they were doing to look at us.

As someone who was accustomed to always having eyes on me, I simply slipped on my shades and prepared to go inside while on the other hand, the two became alert after bristling like startled cats. 

I shook my head and made my way into the building and all the way up to my old place, even when I had been eating well and resting as I should it was still a chore for me to go up all those stairs as I cursed the sate the body was in.

Unlike me the walk up the stairs was a breeze to the other two, they even had the energy to remain in their alert state. I huffed begrudgingly and took out the keys, opening the door.

As soon as the door swung open we were hit with stale air and the odd smell that I smelled when OI first woke up in the apartment. With a slight frown, I entered the place and looked around it.

Feeling that the men behind me had stopped I turned around and looked at their stunned faces. I chuckled understanding why they would find it unbelievable that I and the boys had lived here.

When they met us we were living in a mansion in a high-standing secured community the difference could only be called drastic. I shook my head and decided to ignore them as I made my way further into the apartment. 

Looking at the things in the apartment nothing could be kept, so we got to work on sorting the things into two piles. One of the piles was for things that were in good enough conditions to be donated. While the other was for things that shouldn't be given to beggers much-less orphans. 

That alone took up much of our time, so when the trucks we had ordered while cleaning up arrived it was already time for lunch and a chorus of rumbles were echoing in the apartment. 

I couldn't remember the last time I had been so starved and felt relief that this was a hunger of choice. One of the guys went down to invite the movers up, while I and the other packed the things to be thrown away into large garbage bags.

A group of five men who were dressed in blue overalls with the logo of the organization stitched to in walked in. They greeted us and then looked at things smiles coming to their faces as they saw the condition of the things they came to receive.

Even when they had been in a bad situation and couldn't afford many things he still made sure that things he did have were well taken care of and kept. The respect I felt for the original host raised a little at this along with the conviction to keep the promise I made.

There weren't many adults that I could respect as much as I did the host.

Shaking the thoughts from my mind I helped them as they started to pack the things into these large blue moving boxes. We worked at a steady pace so by the time the truck door had been closed and we watched as the men drive away it was a few after two.

Ignoring the hunger in our stomachs we finished off the things that needed to be thrown away and then sent them away in the second truck to be dealt with.

I went to meet with the landlord with one of the men following behind me while the other went back to retrieve our things and close up the place. 

When the old landlord looked at me she smiled with kind eyes, I arched my brow but ignored the weird feeling she gave me. A few minutes later the keys and last of the rent had been handed over and we went on our way. 

Looking at the time if we didn't run into traffic I could make it back in time to put the boys to bed, smiling at the thought of seeing them again I got in the back and allowed one of the men to drive.

Taking out my phone I dialed the steward's number, as the car pulled off Sir Zhong answered the phone and greeted me with a gentle smile. 

"Master He."

"Sir Zhong put on Jian Mo and Chen Mo."

"Of course Master He." 

Not long after I watched as their cute faces peered into the screen. I chuckled at their big watery dark blue eyes widened when they recognized my face, a second later they cooed and started scrambling for the phone.

I couldn't help but bite my lip at the sight of the tears that gather in their eyes as they called out and reached for it. Thinking that maybe I should have waited until I reached home so I could actually hug them.

Little whimpers left them as they were on the verge of crying, only stopping when I called out to them. "Jian Mo, Chen Mo be good, baba is on his way home, I won't take long."

They blinked the tears running down their faces as they pouted their mouths. Rubbing the screen I began to talk to them, watching as they calmed down as I did. Tears still gathered in their eyes but they listened quietly to my voice and watched me with unmatched intensity. 

A while later they were cooing and making sounds of their own in response to me talking to them. Seeing that they were feeling better I relaxed in the seat and continued to talk to them. Doing so for the rest of the drive. 

 

6