Chapter 20
260 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the car finally entered the community and parked on the driveway I hung up the call and tossed the phone aside rushing inside I tossed off the shirt and jacket I had been wearing and went into the kitchen to wash and dry off my hands.

Ignoring the people that greeted me I made my way into the living room as the boys began to sob. Reaching out to the nannies I took them into my arms and hugged them closely.

Their sobbing settled down as their tiny hands grasped onto me.

I ignored the sights of those around us and swayed with the boys as I spoke to them in a soft voice.

Because they had stayed up past their bedtime just so they could stay on a call with me it didn't take long for them to fall asleep when they were finally in my embrace.

I pushed my boots off with my feet and then left the others in the living room to return to our room. Looking at the state of the area I knew that someone had tidied up when I wasn't there.

I bristled slightly at it but decided I would just need to get used to having people in my space because in the future I would be doing many things and it was best for the little things to be handled by others. 

Deciding to ignore it I gently got the boys ready for bed and then placed them close to each other in the crib. Their little hands reached out and grasped each other's as little smiles formed on their faces.

I couldn't keep the smile from my face as I watched them and ended up staying to stare at them until my stomach protested loudly. 

Tucking them into their blankets I made sure they were settled before leaving my room, grabbing a random t-shirt to throw off as I did. 

As I made my down I spotted Sir Zhong who looked as if he was going to go upstairs until he spotted me. He waited respectfully at the bottom with his hands behind his back until I stood in front of him.

Stepping aside he made a gesture for me to walk as he followed a step behind. "I was going to call you down for dinner, Chef Po had prepared a lighter meal after we heard that you hadn't eaten for the day."

"I was in a rush to have everything taken care of so I could be back in time to settle the twins for bed, so there was no time," I said lightly as we walked into the dining room."

"I understand, I wasn't questioning you, Master He."

I nodded in understanding not really bothered by the things he said, seeing how worried he was for me I thought that it was a good thing as long as he didn't test the boundaries. 

Looking at the bowl of porridge and the side dishes that sat around it along with the tea, I sat down lightly and began to eat. 

As I took the first bite my body relaxed, the chef was good, as someone who had eaten many delicacies his skill was satisfactory. 

I nodded lightly to Sir Zhong who bowed lightly before I continued to eat. 

When I was finished I wiped my hands off lightly and left the dining area returning to my room as Sir Zhong followed after me.

When we reached up I turned and stopped him at the door "you can make your reports tomorrow, I need to rest."

"Of course, Master He, rest well." as he spoke he gave a bow and then stepped back.

I pushed the door in lightly and then made my way to the bathroom. I put the tub to fill and removed my clothes before stepping into the shower. I scrubbed myself from head to toe rinsed off and then got into the tub after putting in the scents.

An hour later I got out, dried off, and then went to bed after pulling on my boxers. A second after rolling myself like an eggroll I was out like a light. 

When I woke up again the sunlight was breaking through the cracks in the curtains. I stretched and let out a yawn, as my body relaxed I turned and faced the cribs. Looking at the drowsy twins with their ruffled hair who appeared to have just woken up I chuckled lightly.

My eyes widened when they suddenly fell back. I quickly untangled myself from the cover and got out of the bed rushing over to the crib.

Looking at their little dazed faces I couldn't stop myself from laughing as I reached out to them. I helped them to sit up, placing their little pillows behind them. 

I watched them as they slowly woke up from their dazed state, giving me gummy smiles as they looked at me. I ruffled their hair and then picked them up and held them to me, watching as they snuggled to my skin. 

Just then there was a knock on the door, I hummed and it opened fully to reveal Sir Zhong and Commander Yong who greeted me respectfully. 

I nodded and returned my attention to the boys who were now curiously looking at the two older men. Holding them I left the room, commander Yong followed me with lights steps while Sir Zhong's steps faded into my room.

It didn't take long before we arrived at the dining room. I set the boys down in their chairs and buckled them in, before taking my seat. Just as I did a soft bathrobe covered my shoulders, I glanced at Sir Zhong who had taken a step back after placing it on me and then pulled it on.

Mrs. Shi Yi, went over to the boys and pulled on soft baby shirts on them followed by their bibs before she buckled them back. I arched my brow at her and she smiled gently before stepping back.

Ignoring her I watched as a strange elder woman walked in with a trolly. She made quick work of setting the table and placing Jian Mo and Chen Mo's bowls in front of them. When she was done she wasted no time in leaving the room, I turned my attention from her to the boys and began to feed them.

As usual, they enjoyed their food to the last bit and then washed it down with milk, burping on their own before I could do it for them.

I smiled gently and sat back turning my attention to my own plate, just as the night before, it wasn't disappointing. 

 

 

 

5