Chapter Three
86 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three hours later I sat at the desk looking down at the information that secretary Min had compiled for me, I gripped my fist biting into my lip as I tried to hide my anger, erupting like I wanted to would do me no good so I held it in.

Looking up at Secretary Min I gave out my orders. " Tomorrow would be the meeting for my parent's will, when it's completed I want to cancel my parent's cards and have them transferred into my account. But before that we'll have the lawyer take a look at these notes concerning what those people have borrowed and have him deal with them accordingly. I want them to repay everything they had taken over the last month... in fact, let it be for the last year, let them return it all down to the last dime. If not let them know that I'll be seeing them in court, give them a deadline of a week, and also ask them to return the things they had taken from the mansion in the time I wasn't well. If they don't return them by the next day file a report for stolen property and let them know if they don't want to return them I could always go and get them back after they end up in jail."

We went on to talk about a few more things and then I walked him to the door so he could go and get everything settled, when he had left I called the workers over. I looked at each one of their faces and once again reigned in my anger, I looked away and took a deep breath before my heart settled.

I looked back at them and pulled a paper from my pocket "I have a list of your names here, for everyone whose name is called I want you to go to the right, and for those that aren't, move to the left." They all called in ascent and one by one I called names and watched them move around until they were all settled. " Now for everyone on the right, from this moment forward you will no longer be employed by our family, in other words, you're fired. Please take your things and leave the mansion in the next half an hour, for those on the left, watch them and make sure they don't take anything that doesn't belong to them."

I watched on as the set whose names had been called tried to protest while the set on the left was all too happy to take them away and have them done as told.  Because of the actions of those on the left, there was almost a tussle so I sighed. " Your opinion on this matter was never asked for, whatever excuses or causes you're trying to come up with are futile, don't play innocent and ask me what you did, because you know in your heart exactly what you did. Just get your things and get out before I make you leave without them, oh and before you go here's a bit of advice for you. If you're lucky enough to be hired by a family like mine in the future just be sure to walk lightly because the next master you have might not deal with you as nicely as I have."

At that, the room became deadly silent and I couldn't help but chuckle "What? You thought I didn't know, I've known all along I just didn't have time to deal with you since I was still grieving. But now that I've made time, I'll settle this here and I hope you do the same."

Those that were asked to leave looked stumped while the others that weren't looked on with sneering smiles. " As for all the others, I thank you for your hard work over the past years and hope you continue to do just as you have over that time." As I spoke it was hard to hide the sarcasm and ridicule in my voice but those that remained were too elated to notice. "Okay any two of you can choose one of them and escort them quickly, as for those on the right, time is ticking, you don't have much time left, if you don't walk out the house within the given time then you'll be thrown out."

After I spoke they all seemed to realize that they had no other choice so they picked up and rushed out of the room, I stood there and watched them leave, as the back of the last person disappeared from my view the smile on my face faded. I bit my lip and my eyes burned with fury, I turned around and forced myself to keep from slamming everything in sight. The sneering smiles of those that didn't call out made my heart feel as if it was on fire especially the one of the butler. It was as if he took me for a fool and was ridiculing me for getting rid of my so-called loyal servants while leaving the true traitors behind.

He must feel so triumphant because he thought I didn't know about the things that he and those that remained were doing, but he didn't know that I knew of everything he had done and everything he would do over the next four years. But it was because I knew that I didn't touch him, every single person in this place had stabbed me in the back one way or the other but those I had fired today were the ones that had done the least damage and hadn't done enough to garner my revenge, firing them was enough.

The moment my parents died they all saw me as easy prey but those that were fired had moved on their toes, while the others had stomped around and trampled on me, they even sold me out to my relatives and succeeded in ruining me. Despite everything my parents had left for me, after stripping it all, I had become nothing but a poor beggar to them, not worth mentioning or caring about, they knew I couldn't survive without them so they played with me as they wished. When they had had their fun they crippled me, threw me out like trash without anything in my name, and left me to die in some alleyway. 

The people my parents had raised up and helped out in their darkest times turned around and destroyed their beloved child. They were nothing but rats and poisonous pests that needed to be discarded but I won't make it easy for them. Just as I had in my last life I will trample on them and make them regret it all, but unlike last time they won't get to live on the sweet honey they had robbed, they will only be able to see it in their sight but never be able to touch it!

 

 

 

 

4