Chapter Four
86 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Though I was able to get revenge in my last life it still took many years and even then it wasn't a beautiful ending, I had suffered just for a little closer. I let out a dry smile, but this time I got a second chance and I won't be letting it go to waste, though my path was long I had gotten rid of the least troublesome people, even though it was just a small amount, it was still progress. It won't be long before I can clean up everyone else, I'll just give them a few more days to run around as they please and then I'll clean them up in one fell swoop.

With that thought, I was able to calm down, in this life my real revenge wasn't dealing with them, but I wanted them to watch me live the way my parents wanted me to, to watch me walk out in the sun and grow to be amazing while they watched from the darkness just as I had in my last life. But I wasn't just doing this for me, but for my parents, that would have cried blood if they knew of my outcome in my last life and for the people that remained on my side even when I could barely live in the shadows.

After calming myself I went to my parent's room and opened up the safe that sat in their walk-in closet, as I had thought some of the things that were kept in it were now missing. Someone who knew the password had taken my parent's things, someone had reached their filthy hands and taken my parent's things not even a month after they died. But among the many things they didn't know about my mother, one of them was that she was just like her father and liked to take note of everything she owned, down to the things she had bought as a child, everything was recorded and all the receipts were still intact.

Not only that, she had several copies of the notes she had taken and one of the copies was in my hands, Everything we had ever owned is marked on that list and updated to the most recent date. I reached into the safe, beyond all the rows of the jewelry she kept in it and pulled out an inconspicuous box. I opened it and looked at the list and smiled, this would make retrieving all of the things that belonged to my family much easier.  

I locked back the safe, changing the pin before I left the room, I decided to just make one thing and change all the pins for every safe in the house, after going around and doing that I returned to my room. I put the box in my personal safe, and then went and sat at my desk, I rolled up my sleeve and removed the tie I had been wearing. Unlocking the computer I pulled up a window and my fingers began to fly across the keyboard, my aim was to set up a new firewall for my computer before I go forward with my plans.

The process was simple for me since for the last eight years of my life I had trained myself to be a high-ranking hacker and because of that, I was able to take down my enemies. After succeeding in my revenge I had no motivation to do anything and so I hadn't used my skills in a while. I was a bit rusty but after doing it a few times I should be able to get back to where I was, my fingers felt a bit still at first but as I typed they became relaxed and I completed the firewall soon after.

When I was done I pulled up a webpage and then typed in a set of numbers and letters before it switched to a website, it was a black screen with only the word hello on it. I smirked and my fingers flew across the keyboard, the first time I had found this website was when I was five years into my hacking career. At the time I had been hacking into the account for a paper company my relatives used and halfway through I had been caught, but instead of selling me out the hacker on the other side sent me a link for the website and told me to use it or they will inform their employers.

When I clicked on the website I was given a challenge, I didn't want to do it but since I knew the person was watching me I went through with it. At the time it had taken me five months to beat the challenge and then the page for the real website opened up, I shook my head at the memory. It had taken me so long back then but after so long it only took me about an hour to get it, that might seem long to a lot of people but to me, it meant that I was regaining my skills.

At my best, it had taken me twenty minutes to get in, compared to the true high-ranking hackers I was probably just seen as average but to me, these average skills were everything because they had helped me get my revenge. After getting in I just entered a nickname and password and was able to access it properly. Using it I began to gather the information on all the servants, though in some cases it might be illegal to gather information this way, it wasn't a problem since the servants had signed contracts with us.

The contract they signed had given the household full rights to retrieve any information we needed about them and even if this contract didn't exist it still wouldn't be an issue to use it because of my parents' influence. Another good thing about this website and why it was so hard to get into was because the minute you get an account you are recognized as a legitimate hacker. Being a legitimate hacker gives you certain perks that you would be able to get under normal circumstances.

Since I had gathered all this information in my last life I was able to find it easily, within no time at all I had gathered the information I needed. Looking at the evidence of all the crimes the people that remained in the house made me click my tongue as I save it in a second file on the site and then downloaded another copy to my laptop. I read through it and decided that three days later I'll cast the final blow, giving them more time in the sun was just being too kind. It was too kind for someone like me who had been forced into darkness at the young age of eighteen and had lived like that for more than a decade. They didn't even deserve three days.

 

 

 

3