Chapter 42
1.1k 16 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to my Patrons Edward Garcia, Adigio, Legion, Adam D.F, Belduim, Bob Semxy, Fish, Jake Hewitt, Graeme Kent, Duncan Bauer, Jon Transfiguration, Corgi McStumperson, Georgina Singh,Nubtastic. Up to 50 chapters ahead,illustrations and side stories on Patreon! 

Looking around the small kitchen, Omis was shocked at the bloody scene that greeted him. On the floor, on the walls, and even in the ceiling itself, dak splats of blood and small pieces were glued. 

Lowering his head, numerous corpses were also littered across the kitchen causing the already small space to look even more cramped.  

Omis could roughly guess what had occurred as he looked around. Deep inside his mind, some part kept screaming that this was bad, that these were human beings so brutally slaughtered, that he should feel bad about what happened. 

But he didn't, looking at the corpses Omis found himself feeling...disdain. He did not know why, but he held no remorse towards these dead people. He knew that Addi must have killed them, yet he felt nothing towards them at all. 

For a moment, Omis found himself questioning his sense of morality. It was Addi's voice that temporarily brought him out of this dilemma. 

"You okay brother? Take it easy, no need to stand up straight away." He said.

Nodding his head, Omis replied. 

"I'm okay, a little bit fuzzy, but okay."  Saying that Omis tried to stand up. Moving himself up, Addi quickly offered his hand to his friend pulling him up to his feet. 

"Addi, your eye..." Omis's voice turned somber as he looked at Addi's dark black eye. 

Waving him away in dismissal, Addi hastily replied. 

"Bah, it's nothing. Never mind that let's get you upstairs, no need to open the shop today. " Avoiding Omis's question, Addi's figure changed as he took on his disguise once again, turning his eyes into that of an old man as the previous aura surrounding him disappeared completely. 

Seeing his avoid his question and change the subject, Omis decided not to press the matter any further...for now.

Looking around the room he whistled. "You truly created a mess." 

Scratching his beard in embarrassment, Addi replied. 

"I may have gone a little overboard with that one. Haha-" he said letting out an awkward smile.

Turning back to look at him Omis replied with a deadpan expression as he motioned towards the ceiling. 

"A little?" 

"Okay...maybe a lot." 

Waving his hand, Omis willed his Qi out of his body as it seemed to fly across the walls, floor, and ceiling cleaning them from the blood. 

With the kitchen cleaned, what was left was the bodies, which Addi waved his hand over them causing them to disappear. 

Letting out a sigh, Omis turned towards Addi and asked in a somber tone. 

"Addi, what happened to me?"

Pausing, Addi stopped in his tracks with his back facing Omis before he replied. 

"I don't really know."

"Addi..." Sighing, Omis called out for him once more.

"I really don't, no one knows what's that. We had some speculations before." Addi replied while walking out of the kitchen, Omis right behind him. 

Waving his hand, Addi willed the collapsed door back to its frame before he continued speaking.

" As I told you before, after their transmigration, or you can call it whatever you want, some people couldn't accept their new reality so they ended up going...berserk." 

Sighing, Omis replied. "Yes, I remember but I do not have any problems with the entire situation, I did not try to actively remember anything! Nor push myself to, so why?" 

Turning to face Omis, Addi motioned him towards the table where the duo sat down before he replied. 

"That's the thing I do not know about, there were a few cases like yours before, I don't quite remember very well you see, those were quite the dark times." 

Rubbing his temple, Addi turned quiet as Omis could see his eyes turn unfocused. It seemed that even after all these years Addi was never able to fully recover from his trauma. 

Seeing his friend in such a state, Omis slapped his shoulders as he flashed him a bright smile. 

"It's okay brother, it doesn't matter now that it's over!" 

Raising his head to look back at him, Addi gave a tired smile before replying. 

"I'm just glad you okay." 

"Oh! Are those tears I see? Damn, when did you turn so emotional! You really grew old!" Jokingly teased Omis, earning him a chuckle from Addi who shook his head in defeat. 

Interrupting them was Meng's loud voice that came from outside. 

"S-S-Seniors! Meng came back, is everything okay?" Hearing her daughter's description of them Meng had contemplated long and hard before reaching to the conclusion that it would be a wiser choice to stick with the unfathomable duo, they did not seem to mean any harm to her nor her daughter and seeing how even the guards were unwilling to interfere in their matters only served to confirm her suspicion of how strong the seniors must be. 

"Hmm? Oh, little Meng. Come in!" Replied Addi. 

"T-Then excuse me." Saying that the door to the shop opened as Meng walked inside with a nervous expression before she abruptly stopped in her tracks, her jaw dropped low as her eyes opened as wide as sausages. 

"Eh? What's wrong is there something on my face?" Asked Omis puzzled.

*Slap*

The sound of Addi facepalming made Omis turn around to look at him in visible confusion before he asked. 

"What?" 

With his hand resting on his forehead, Addi replied. 

"You forgot your disguise..." 

"Oh, shit!" Turning to look at Meng whose face was now as red as a tomato, Omis awkwardly laughed before his entire body started to change as his former perfect face morphed back to a more normal-looking one, his long white hair shorted as it turned completely black.

Bringing his attention back to Meng, Omis scratched his cheek with a silly smile on his face before answering. 

"Umm, hi?"

*Slap*

The sound of Addi facepalming echoed throughout the quiet shop. 

"Umm, seniors? It's Wan Da, I come to check on you once again." came the nervous voice of the empress, she wasn't going to risk coming back again but when she stopped this lady from continuing to the shop earlier, she had claimed to work with the seniors. Afraid of offending them even further, Wan Da had reluctantly let her go.

Yet deep inside she knew, the main reason she decided to come back was because of that young white-haired young man she saw before, her face flushed red as she remembered him.

"Come on in, empress." Came Addi's tired voice from inside.


25