Chapter 19: Family Tree
736 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reiki said. "Meat for breakfast? Okay if that's what you want then." Arashi scruffled Reiki's matted hair and said. "Yeah meat. But before that a bath is appropriate." As the two of them walked in the ramen shop. As the two of them were switching from their shoes to indoor slippers Arashi said. "Bathroom is over at the end of the hallway to the left."

Arashi's eyes narrowed and asked. "By the way, you didn't take a bath last night, didn't you?" Reiki nodded and said. "Habit," Arashi said. "Habit? Care to explain to Onee-san?" Reiki replied. "It's just something I do." Arashi pointed out. "Something you do? We both know I'm not believing that." Reiki answered. "Water bill. I find different ways to cut the cost of our bills. Using the used bath water for laundry when the two of them are finished. I just stopped taking baths, especially knowing I'll be exercising the next day. Like right now for example."

Arashi gave Reiki a smirk and said. "We'll leave it at that for now. Alright, time for your bath I'll buy your clothes before you finish." Reiki asked. "Wait, you're going outside after all that sprinting? And what kind of mall opens up at early sunrise?" Arashi said. "Well, I'm glad you asked." As she smirked. Arashi took out a brown parchment roughly the same size as a talisman. The talisman turned into a shade of light blue for a brief moment before returning to normal.

After that steam started to surround her. After a few seconds, the steam stopped, and the brown parchment burned without a trace. Reiki looked at her clothes and noticed it was dry again. As he took a small whiff Arashi didn't smell of sweat anymore, Reiki said. "Can't you use one of those on me?" Arashi smiled and said. "Nope," Reiki asked. "Then why use it in the first place?" Arashi replied. "I have to buy you new clothes," Reiki said. "Then shouldn't I be going with you so you know it'll fit?" Arashi answered. "Ohh you don't have to worry about that Lil bro."

As she ruffled Reiki's hair again she said. "Now go and take a bath. When you're finished, be ready to wear the new clothes I bought for you. I'll also wash your clothes so you have nothing to worry about." Reiki said. "I'll use the shower if they have one." Reiki went to the end to the hall and opened the door and saw it was the bathroom Arashi talked about. Reiki entered, picked one towel to dry himself and put all of his wet clothes in a basket. Entering Reiki saw a bathtub that can fit two people and a shower that you could detach and reattach.

______________________________________________________

Back At The Living Room

Arashi wrote on a piece of paper and folded it again and hanged it outside the window. After a few seconds, the paper was out of her hands and two sets of stylish clothes were on the window. Arashi grabbed the clothes and set them aside on the coffee table and closed the window and heard the water running from the showers. She smirked and thought. Time for Onee-chan to wash Lil bro's back for him. Arashi went to the end of the hall and saw the basket with all of Reiki's wet clothes. Taking off her sleeveless jacket, black baggy jogging pants, and her tank top.

She revealed her toned and defined body. And a pair of large kittens with light pink nipples and down south Arashi had grown and maintained a small bush. As she opened the door she saw Reiki shampooing his hair as he reached for the shower Arashi said. "Hey, Lil bro let Onee-chan was-." Reiki turned his head as he turned the shower on. She felt the water Reiki was using from the shower and screamed. "That's ice-cold!" As she dropped her towel revealing her bare breast at him as she turned around and ran away. Reiki saw everything from her breast to her butt and thought. Full points. Ten out of ten.

~One Bath Later~

Reiki dried himself using the single towel he borrowed and saw the new clothes Arashi bought for him. Reiki thought. Where did she even but this? He searched the clothes for the brand so he could have a rough idea but found nothing. He continued to think. That's weird. Reiki was holding on a dark blue jacket with long sleeves and the inside was golden yellow. He also took a look at the clothes on top of the washing machine. A white t-shirt, grey jogging pants, black socks, and even one new boxer shorts. Reiki thought. What is with her and jogging pants? Reiki got dressed and wore his indoor slippers and went to the living room to thank Arashi.

As Reiki was walking towards the living room he heard the sound of the tv playing. As he opened the door Reiki's vision turned black all of a sudden. Arashi said. "Here's your other set of clothes." Reiki didn't take a look as he put the clothes into the tattered pouch. Before Reiki said anything he felt that Arashi was acting strange. He thought. Is she really pouting again? I swear I will never understand women, the world's most complex creature. 

Without saying anything he went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Arashi seeing this was calm but the moment she was sure Reiki can't see her anymore she started to drop a barrage of fists on the pillow next to her. She stopped after venting her feelings and thought. What is with him? No apology for splashing me with cold water. Not even a thank you for the clothes I got him. After breakfast, I'm gonna give him an earful.

Reiki in the kitchen was looking through every cabinet. He thought to himself. Buttermilk, leftover bear meat, flour, bread crumbs, and an array of fruits and vegetables. They even stocked up on orange juice and milk... Lot's of fried coated bear meat, two sunny side eggs, and a side dish of a simple salad with a vinaigrette. And milk, orange juice, water for drinks sounds good. Too bad there's no bread and bacon. It's been a while since I had a BLT sandwich.

Reiki turned his head to see four commercial rice cookers and continued. And rice... A lot of rice. He took everything he needed to make breakfast and started to chop everything roughly about the same proportions. With a sharp kitchen knife, he chopped and slice everything with speed and efficiency.

~25 Minutes Later~

Arashi smelled everything that he was cooking since the beginning but was able to resist the urge to look. Reiki said. "Arashi-san, breakfast is ready." She saw that Reiki had already set the table with the fried bear meat, eggs, salad, and drinks on the table. Reiki said. "Although it's not much. Think of it as a small token of appreciation." Arashi looked at the huge pile of freshly fried bear meat. All of a sudden an audible sound of a stomach growling was heard by the two. Her face had started to blush as she gritted her teeth in frustration.

As Reiki was serving rice into a bowl Arashi stood up from the brown couch and started walking towards the table. Reiki handed out the large serving of rice to her but before she said anything her stomach made a distinct growling sound again. Arashi took the bowl from his hands and sat down at the table and started to eat. Her first bite of the meat she thought. This!... Could be better. Arashi criticized Reiki's cooking in her mind even though it was better than some chefs at her household.

While the two were eating Arashi asked. "Are you really ten years old?" Reiki replied. "Yes. I am. Why do you ask?" Arashi gave Reiki a weird look and answered. "Then how come some of your specs are higher or equal to me?" Reiki said. "Why is my what, higher than you?" She shook her head sideways and said. "Don't worry about it. And if you do. Take it as a compliment." Stuffing herself with a large piece of meat followed by gorging a large volume of rice. Reiki said. "I have a question for you." Arashi nodded in acknowledgment. 

Reiki continued and asked. "If you don't mind me asking." He was interrupted by Arashi saying. "A woman's age is her most guarded secret, Lil bro. You can't ask that to any of us." As she let out a light giggle. Reiki replied. "I was gonna ask who you are... But." As he looked at her manners for eating he said. "Maybe I should be asking why you eat like a sumo wrestler." Arashi blushed and said. "How a person eats does not represent their character, Lil bro. A girl can mimic how a high-class lady eats and have a wicked heart."

She said as if she was imparting wisdom to him. Reiki thought. I only asked you a question of why you eat like that. Yet somehow the conversation wandered into what a person might hide. Reiki asked. "Then what about my first question. Who are you? I wanna know what type of person I'm gonna owe money to." Arashi said. "Ohh. I've waited all day for you to ask. As I've said I'm Arashi Hageshi. Out of the 12 zodiacs, I represent Tora. I specialized in quick lethal attacks which in simple terms I aim for the neck, heart, and any other way that can incapacitate my enemies in as few blows as possible."

Reiki thought. 12 Zodiacs... That means there are 11 as powerful or more powerful than her. Arashi noticed the lack of reaction from him and thought. He didn't flinch when I was talking about potential murder... Nor did he even ask if my opponents live or not. As the two were in their own thoughts the atmosphere at the dining table was mixed of peace and a touch of awkwardness.

The two were eating a large amount of food in peace when Arashi asked. "Now I have a question for you Lil bro. Can you talk about your two sisters?" Reiki said. "... Okay feel free to ask." Arashi asked. "What distinct trait do they have?" Reiki replied. "Onee-san in simple terms a Japanese beauty. Shiro on the other hand has white hair." Arashi probed. "White hair? Japanese beauty? Can you explain it to me so I can understand it better? Like who's more beautiful me or her?" Reiki instantly replied. "Her."

Arashi twitched and almost broke her bowl but managed to control herself. He continued. "Shiro has white hair was a result of a syndrome. She got it because of a traumatic experience." Arashi asked. "What kind of trauma?" Reiki stayed quiet for a few seconds and said. "She and a few random groups of girls were kidnapped. So for a while, there were posters of missing children here and there."

Arashi's eyes widened and said. "You're not talking about." Reiki continued. "Yep... It's the same case 2 years ago missing posters of little girls... Kidnapped by a family of human traffickers. Shiro told me she heard every girl they sold screamed and cried. Up till this day, she still has nightmares but it's not as bad anymore. At least now she can go outside."

Arashi carefully asked. "Didn't the missing children died at a car crash? The news said the bodies of all the kids were so charred they couldn't even tell the gender." Reiki said. "Most of the newer ones who were kidnapped... But the older ones are already in different states and the trail had already turned cold." Reiki thought. She has a stomach of steel I'll give her that. Arashi asked changing the topic. "Then what about." Gritting her teeth she continued. "Your oh so beautiful older sister?"

Reiki said. "I actually don't know much about her to be honest. She's the type of person to shoulder the problems on her own and hide the pain for the people she cares about." Arashi blandly said. "Then she must really care about the two of you." Arashi saw Reiki smile for the first time. She saw that his smile was warm, friendly, and somewhat captivating. Arashi subconsciously memorized his smile and after noticing that she was staring she asked. "What would you do if you found out you aren't related to the two of them?" Reiki said. "I've had my suspicions that it's potentially true."

Arashi smiled weirdly and said. "Potentially?" Reiki answered. "If you compared the three of us side by side. You can see the subtle differences." Arashi said. "Can you tell me those disparities you claim?" Reiki said. "Well for something simple our height. Arashi-san ho-." But was interrupted by Arashi saying. "Call me Onee-san," Reiki said. "But what about-" Arashi interrupted. "Onee-san," Reiki said. "Bu-." Arashi refusing to yield. Sweetly said. "O~nee~san." Reiki stared at her for a few seconds he let out a small sigh. And said. "Nee-san how tall are you?"

Arashi had a faint blush on her face and quietly said. "I'm 5'12 (182.88 cm)." Reiki thought. You could've just said 6'0 but hey I can relate some girls are concerned about being tall. Especially being taller than the boy she likes.

Reiki said. "Onee-chan on the other hand is 5'10 (177.80 cm)." When she heard Reiki said the word Onee-chan for someone else the corner of her lips twitched. Reiki continued on saying. "She's 18 years old. She is taller than some other girls but when you put me next to her. I should be around her shoulders. Shiro on the other hand roughly reaches my chin making her about 4'2 (127 cm). Even if Shiro grows an inch a year by the time she's 18 she should be around... Adding the factor of random growth spurts she should be roughly the same height as Onee-san. Then we have the problem of hair."

When Reiki mentioned hair Arashi looked at his unkempt and scraggly hair and asked. "Speaking of hair... Reiki don't you ever comb yours?" Reiki replied. "I actually do. Ironically this is how my hair dries." Arashi gave him a doubtful look as he continued. "Anyway when talking about hair it makes me question about being the same blood as the two of them. I mean if you saw my sister's hair you would think mine would be as straight as them. Even if you use the argument of you must have got it from your father's side of the family."

"And let's assume that's true my... "Father" should have either unkempt or scraggly hair. Considering the fact of me having the majority of his genes then I should be able to retain a portion of my mother's genes, any sort of trait at least similar to my sister's. The traits the two of them have in common are straight hair, a sweet and mesmerizing voice, and both of them have their own ways of making people do what they want." Arashi pointed out, saying. "The last one isn't a trait."

Reiki confidently said. "It is. For the two of my sisters, it's the most common trait they show on their sleeves." Arashi said. "Then shouldn't you be worried about you being manipulated?" Reiki remembered some things from his past life and gave another warm smile. Arashi seeing this stayed quiet as he said. "No. I'm not worried that they might hurt me."

Arashi looked at his expression as she finished her meal. Reiki after eating a couple more bites was also done. Arashi said. "I'll wash the dishes. You watch some tv. We'll leave when I finish." Reiki questioned. "I thought I was supposed to wash the dishes?" Arashi replied. "You already did them last time. Now it's my turn to do them." Reiki stared at her. While she stared at him. He asked. "Can you even do it properly?"

Arashi gritted her teeth and said. "Yes, I can wash dishes properly." Reiki gave up and said. "Alright, but I'm not taking the blame if they asked why there were missing a few plates." Arashi slightly blushed as Reiki went to the living room.

Reiki saw that the bed he slept on last night was still in the living room. As he was about to lift it he heard plates breaking from the kitchen. Arashi shouted. "I'm fine! I just used too much soap!" Reiki shook his head as he lifted the bed from one side and dragged it to where Arashi spent the night. He opened the door and heard more plates breaking.

Arashi screamed. "Everything is fine! Don't worry about it!" Reiki thought as he opened the door. I should help her. But on the other hand, she was pretty insistent... She can handle it Aras-... Nee-san is a big girl who can clean if she puts her mind to it. Reiki started to drag the bed inside the master bedroom but didn't know where to put it. So he left it in the center and closed the door behind him. He sat on the large brown couch and thought. Comfy.

He made himself comfortable and reached out for the remote on the coffee table. Browsing through the channels again Reiki didn't see anything new. After switching channels over and over again he finally decided to watch a rerun of Ma*d-sama.

~5 Minutes Later~

Arashi came to the living room with a dejected look on her face. Reiki gave her a reassuring look and said. "Don't worry Nee-san, there's always next time." As he turned the tv off and stood up. Arashi let out a sigh of resignation and said. "I think I should just let you do all the chores." Reiki said. "I should've washed them in the first place."

Arashi replied. "Hey, I did wash the dishes!" Reiki quipped. "Broken dishes don't count Nee-san." Arashi grit her teeth, walked towards Reiki and started pinching him repeatedly. Reiki monotonously saying ow, every time he was pinched Arashi said. "Then I hope you better be a good chef then mister. I do everything. Because I'm expecting top quality and exotic dishes from now on." Reiki replied. "That's fine as long as you have the right ingredients." Arashi hearing this started to pinch him harder and faster until.

[System: The user has received 100 damage.]

[System: The user has tier I light bleeding effect. The user will receive 30 damage every 5 seconds.]

Reiki said. "Ouch, what the." As he looked at the top of his hand a small patch of skin was ripped off. Arashi, seeing this, panicked and said. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't do it on purpose. I'm sorry!" Reiki looked at the minor wound on his hand and said. "I'll be fine Nee-san. I just need some basic first aid and it'll be gone before you even notice." Arashi worryingly asked. "Is that all you need? I have gauze and antibiotics if you need it... And some plasma too." Reiki said. "I'll take a patch of gauze but I'll pass on blood plasma and antibiotics. Wounds don't get infected that fast."

[System: The user lost 30 health to light bleeding.]

Reiki looked at the wound at his hand that was bleeding at a steady pace. Arashi was also staring at the blood trailing from his hand and dripping on the floor. Reiki said. "Nee-san?" Snapping her out of her daze. Arashi replied. "W-what?" He continued saying. "Can I have some gauze?" Arashi said. "Gauze! Sure sure you can have some." As she rummaged through her grey string bag Reiki was waiting on her.

[System: The user lost 30 health to light bleeding.]

[System: The user's regeneration has stopped tier I light bleeding.]

[System: Debuff tier I light bleeding has vanished from the user.]

Reiki looked at his wound that stopped bleeding and started to clot. Parts of the skin already slowly healed. Even though the process wasn't as fast for the human eye to see. The details would reveal themselves within a few minutes. Arashi said. "I found it! Here Lil bro the gauze you needed." Arashi passed it to Reiki as he used it to cover his already healing wound. He said. "Nee-san any chance you have some surgical tape in there?"

Arashi said. "Right! Surgical tape. Give me a minute." As she started to rummage again. While Reiki was staring at his healing wound with curiosity he didn't see Arashi narrowing her eyes. She thought. His wound is already healing... Arashi passed some surgical tape to him and said. "Here you go Lil bro." Reiki searched the end of the tape for a bit and used about roughly the size of a band-aid. He bit the surgical tape and taped the gauze to his wound to hide it.

Reiki said. "Thank you. Nee-san... But it looks like I have some cleaning to do." Arashi said. "And it's blood too... That's gonna be a tough scrub... Need any help Lil bro?" Reiki replied. "Not really it's simple to remove blood from the floor. All you need is bleach and water mixed together 1 part bleach and 9 parts water. And it'll come right off."

Arashi narrowed her eyes asking. "How do you know that?" Reiki instantly replied. "I get into fights a lot. I used to patch myself up if the wounds weren't too bad." Arashi stared at him and didn't believe anything he said. Reiki asked. "Where are we going After I'm done cleaning?" Arashi smiled and said. "You're going to meet the zodiacs."

13