Chapter 151: Glass Mugs
101 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reiki tried to move Arashi's hand away but couldn't even make it budge, he said. "I can feed myself." Arashi moved her hand from his shoulder onto the top of his head, she ruffled some hair and said. "I don't want you to burn your mouth." He turned his head to look at Asami who picked up a piece of vegetable tempura and took a bite, Reiki said. "Asami-san, a little help would be greatly appreciated." Asami swallowed and wiped her lips with a napkin, she kept her gaze on the tv and said. "I'll do it for a favor." The corner of Reiki's eye slightly twitches while Arashi wrapped her left arm around his waist. Arashi moved the shrimp tempura closer to his mouth, she said. "Open wide."

Reiki opened his mouth and said. "How about-." Arashi's right hand blurred as she fed him the tempura, maintaining the sweet smile she said. "What would you like to taste next?" Asami let out a chuckle as she stared at the steam emitting from the vegetable tempura pinched between her chopsticks, she said. "You said that as if you knew how to cook." Reiki swallowed and wiped some grease off his mouth using the back of his hand, he said. "We'll continue this favor talk next time, so let me-." Arashi quickly moved her hand away from his waist and pushed him off as Reiki fell onto the floor landing on his butt.

Arashi picked up two shrimp tempura in one go, she said. "Next time then." She ate both of them in one go, took the tails off with her left hand, and placed them on the edge of the plate. Reiki stood up while rubbing his butt, he made his way to the empty spot on Asami's right on the couch as he sat down, grabbed the last pair of chopsticks on the table, and said. "Didn't you tell me she ate almost everything for breakfast?" Asami nodded as she glanced at him from the corner of her eye, she said. "I also find it weird you ate the tail of the shrimp and that she doesn't have a dining table here." She ate the rest of the vegetable tempura while Reiki used his chopsticks to pick up a large piece of deep-fried battered cod, he stared at it and said. "I'm pretty sure she just orders take out."

Asami was reaching for a piece of cod as she swallowed and said. "I also don't have a dining table in my house, now that I think about it." Reiki stopped himself from taking a bite of the cod on his chopsticks, he gave her an odd look and said. "Then where do you usually eat?" Asami placed her left hand on her chin while Arashi gave him a cold glance. Asami said. "I eat on my large king-sized bed. It's immediately delivered to my room within ten minutes when I call them via talisman." Reiki stared at her for a couple of seconds, he said. "And you eat there three times a day?" Asami took a bite of the piece of cod as it let out some steam as she gave him a nod. Reiki slowly moved his gaze back onto the coffee table, he ate the rest of the large piece of cod pinched between his chopsticks and thought. What kind of house doesn't have a dining table?...

He swallowed and wiped some grease from his mouth using the back of his hand as the two girls on his left ate at a rapid pace. Reiki quickened his pace as the three of them ate the pile of battered covered food at a visible rate.

______________________________________________________

Ketsueki's House By The Living Room

Ahma, Sachi, Namida, and Ketsueki were sitting around the wooden dining table while everyone except Ketsueki was finishing off the last few pieces of cannoli and large wedge-cut fries. Ketsueki's eyes were closed while she had her arms crossed, she said. "That's everything?" Her eyes slowly opened as her gaze slightly lingered on the food on the table. Sachi wiped her lips using a napkin, she nodded and said. "You've asked that for the third time, your little boy doesn't know anything he shouldn't."

Ketsueki moved her gaze to Namida who ate half of the fry in her hands in one go. Namida gave Ketsueki a nod which made her let out a sigh of frustration, Ketsueki said. "You never change." Namida let out a burp, she said. "Excuse me, too bad you don't have a secret beer stash. These fries are so good, I would kill to have a cold one right now." She tossed the fry she was holding into her mouth while Ketsueki reluctantly moved her gaze onto Ahma who was taking her time eating a cannoli with some pistachios on it.

Ahm flashed her a smile and said. "Your little brother-." Before she could finish, Ketsueki glared at her and said. "Don't start now." Ahma rolled her eyes at Ketsueki as she took a bite of the cannoli. Ketsueki let out a long sigh as she massaged the temples of her head and said. "Now that all three of you got to meet him, took advantage of his kindness to make you food and invite you two for dinner." She pointed at Sachi and Namida who finished the two plates on the table, Ketsueki continued. "No more conversations about magic." Her pupils faintly glowed a white light color as Ketsueki moved her gaze onto Namida. Ketsueki indifferently said. "Especially about money."

Namida took a bite of the fry she was holding as she turned her head to stare at a wall while pretending Ketsueki's glare wasn't aimed at her as cold sweat dripped from her back. Ketsueki let out another long tired sigh, she pointed at Ahma and said. "You, out of my house." She pointed at Sachi and Namida and continued. "You two might as well stay for lunch." Sachi stopped herself from taking a bite from the half-eaten cannoli she was holding, she raised a brow and said. "In exchange for?" Ketsueki placed her hand back to her side, she said. "Tell him to stop feeding me porridge and give me real food." Her gaze wandered onto the cannoli Sachi was holding.

Ahma pretended to dry a single tear from the corner of her eye using her left index finger, she said. "After everything I've done-."  Ketsueki glared at her and coldly said. "We've just had this conversation." Ahma let out a giggle while she made herself comfortable on the chair. Ketsueki let out a sharp breath as she stood up from her seat, she said. "Let me get Reiki so he can wash the dishes." Namida let out a chuckle as she pointed at her friend with a wedge cut fry, she said. "Aren't you supposed to be sick right now?" Ketsueki was stunned for a moment as she sat back down and said. "Now of you two go get him from his room." Sachi wiped some cream from the corner of her lips using her thumb, she licked the cream off her fingertip and said. "I'll do it."

Sachi stood up from her seat and made her way to the staircase while Ketsueki turned her upper body and said. "And don't snoop around my house." Without turning her head, Sachi walked up the short flight of stairs and said. "I'm not Namida." Namida who was about to take a bite of the fry in her hand suddenly used it to point at her, she said. "That's a low blow! I wasn't snooping around, your house was just too god damn big! And you know it!" Ketsueki sat up straight, she said. "Commander, that's your signal to…" Ahma had already disappeared from her seat while Namida ate the fry she was holding in one go. Namida reached out to grab another fry on the plate, she turned her head and saw both plates were empty. Namida slammed her hand into the table and said. "That bitch took the last few with her!"

『Flash Has Been Activated. Mana Cost: 6,250.』

Reiki appeared in his room by the window as he quickly wiped his mouth with the back of his hand while he made his way to the door. He heard the sound of a pair of footsteps coming closer as he smelled his arm, Reiki thought. Good, the smell didn't stick to me as much. He stood by the door while the doorknob turned and was opened on the other side by Sachi. Reiki looked up to her and said. "Did Onee-chan calm down yet, or am I in trouble?" She flashed him a smile and placed a hand on top of his head, Sachi said. "She cooled off a good bit." She ruffled his unkempt and scraggly hair while Reiki crossed his arms and said. "Onee-chan doesn't just cool off… Is my nonexistent allowance going to get reduced even more?"

Sachi moved her hand away from the top of his head and placed it on her lips, she said. "I can help you convince her about giving you more money." She thought. Pretty sure she was already planning it, but I can use this as an opportunity to look good. Reiki thought for a moment before shaking his head sideways, he said. "Thanks but no thanks, I don't need money." He thought. Especially when I already have more than a hundred million on hand. Sachi poked his forehead, she said. "Fine, but if you change your mind make sure to tell me. I'll be there when you're going to talk with Ketsueki." Reiki gave her a nod and said. "I think we should get going, Onee-chan gets suspicious if we take too long." The two of them made their way toward the staircase while Sachi thought. She only gets like that when it's related to you… And why do I smell faint traces of dill and chives on you?...

The two of them reached the bottom while Sachi looked around and saw Namida and Ketsueki sitting in the living room. Ketsueki was sitting in the armchair while Namida sat on the leftmost side of the couch. Sachi made her way to the couch while Reiki walked toward the dining table and picked up the two plates. Sachi sat on the opposite side of Namida and said. "I got Reiki down from the second floor."  She pointed behind her and continued. "He decided to do the dishes first." Ketsueki managed to pry her eyes from the tv that was constantly switching channels, she looked at Sachi and said. "What about the whole porridge situation?"

Sachi gave her a nod as she made herself comfortable on the couch, she said. "Yes, I'll make sure to convince your boy to not give you porridge." Namida kept on browsing through the channels, she said. "I don't know why you're even complaining, the smell alone would make me gladly eat the entire pot." Ketsueki rolled her eyes at her, she said. "The porridge was delicious but when I saw the fries and cannoli it made my stomach grumble." Sachi let out a chuckle as her eyes turned slightly hazy, she said. "Those cannolis were so good, I wouldn't even complain if he sold those for five gold coins per box." Ketsueki glanced at Namida from the corner of her eye, she spoke with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "When are you going to stop flipping through the channels?"

The remote in Namida's palm fell onto the couch, she said. "Not my fault, all the shows in Japan look like every person on the set was threatened with their family if they don't smile." Sachi let out a laugh while Ketsueki rubbed the back of her neck, Ketsueki said. "I'll look into the overseas transmission thing." Namida pointed at her and said. "You better, the last thing you need is Reiki smiling like one of those on the set and their overreactions from the smallest things." Sachi glanced behind her from the corner of her eye, she said. "He's here." Reiki made his way toward them while wiping his hand on his shorts, he stood beside the couch and said. "Do you girls need anything?"

Sachi raised her hand which got his attention, she said. "Do you make drinks, Reiki?" He gave her a nod and said. "Milkshakes, smoothies, and…" Reiki thought. Cocktails. He scratched the side of his head and continued. "Tea…" Sachi raised a brow at him and said. "Why the hesitation?" Ketsueki glanced at him from the corner of her eye while Namida placed both her feet up on the coffee table while wearing white indoor slippers.

A wry smile formed on his face, Reiki said. "Tea is very tedious to prepare." Ketsueki moved her gaze away from her little brother and saw Namida's foot on the coffee table which made the corner of her lips frown. Sachi was about to say when Namida kept her eyes on the tv and said. "It's true." Reiki raised a brow and thought. How does she know that? Sachi glanced at her friend before moving her gaze back to him, she said. "I'll take a large milkshake." Namida turned her head to look at him, she said. "Same, feel free to pick the flavor for me." She turned her head as she went back to watching tv. Sachi pointed at herself using her thumb, she said. "Give me one of your recommendations."

Reiki gave her a nod and did a half-turn when Ketsueki reached out her hand at him and said. "Reiki, I'll have a-." He interrupted her and spoke in a firm tone, Reiki said. "Juice." He crossed his arms and waited for her response while his older sister was surprised by his answer. Ketsueki slowly placed her hand on the armrest of the chair while she tried to hide the slight shock in her eyes. Sachi placed a hand on Reiki's shoulder which made him turn his sideways to look at her. Sachi said. "Reiki, How about you give her a healthy smoothie instead?"

Reiki tilted his head sideways, he said. "Why?" From the corner of her eye, Sachi saw Ketsueki pointing at the back of her little brother's head. He quickly turned his head and saw Ketsueki and Namida watching tv, Reiki's eyes slightly narrowed as he turned around and looked up to Sachi. Sachi looked at him and said. "I'm pretty sure there are smoothies that can be given to sick individuals. Orange, carrot, and ginger are some of the few."

Reiki crossed his arms and said. "Juice can also do the same, light on the stomach, and easier to digest." He gave her an odd look and continued. "You want me to give my older sister who's currently ill a beverage that's mostly ice?" Sachi ruffled the top of his head, messing up his hair, she said. "It's shaved ice before it could reach her stomach, it'll already be melted from the digestive tract." His eyes slightly narrowed while Sachi kept the smile on her face while Namida kept her eyes on the tv and Ketsueki who was watching them from the corner of her eye. Reiki said. "... Don't tell me…" He let out a sigh, turned around, and looked at his older sister. Reiki said. "Onee-chan don't make your friends ask me to make food for you."

A smirk immediately formed on Namida's lips as she glanced at them from the corner of her eye while Ketsueki glared at Sachi for a split second. Sachi moved her gaze onto the tv and completely ignored her friend's piercing glare. Ketsueki immediately put on a smile and looked at her little brother who was frowning at her, she said. "I didn't. They're just looking out for me." Reiki repeatedly nodded and said. "They'll need acting lessons then." He walked closer to the armchair Ketsueki was sitting on, Reiki moved in closer and whispered in her ear. Reiki said. "This is your punishment for pretending to be sick today."

Ketsueki's pupils slightly dilated as Reiki turned around and made his way to the kitchen while he took a pouch from his pocket. Namida let out a chuckle, she said. "The boy's smart." Ketsueki glared at her and spoke in an indifferent tone. "You told him, didn't you…" Namida shook her head and said. "I didn't say a single word in the whole exchange." She pointed at Sachi and continued. "If anyone did tell him it would be the one who fetched him." Ketsueki moved her glare to Sachi who raised her hand and said. "I didn't. He just figured it out on his own-."

The three of them stopped when they heard Reiki say. "Do either of the two of you have a large glass mug?" He turned his head to face Namida who looked slightly offended by his stare, she said. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Reiki held out both his hands, he said. "Lend me two of your largest mugs." The corner of Namida's eyes twitched as she rummaged through her pockets and took out one large see-through glass mug and passed it to him. Reiki thought. These are bigger than my head. He held the mug by the handle while Namida took out another one and passed it to him, she said. "Don't drop them, these two cost quite a bit."

Reiki stared at the two mugs he was holding as he made his way back to the kitchen, he said. "Guess this is the only way you can compare yourself to other girls." Ketsueki placed a hand over her mouth as she failed to suppress her laughter while Sachi was slamming the armrest of the couch with her hand. Namida completely froze while her two friends laughed up a storm. Ketsueki repeatedly slammed the coffee table with the palm of her hand while her large chest violently jiggled, she said. "I can't breathe!" Sachi managed to spit out her words while laughing in between them, she said. "Now we know why you like large glasses!" Sachi wiped a tear from the corner of her eye while Namida's hands curled into a fist making her knuckles crack.

Namida slowly took a bug breath, she indifferently said. "If that shake isn't good enough, I'll break both of those mugs-! Glasses! I meant glasses by smashing them into his skull!" Both of her friends ignored her remark as they held their stomachs with their hands. Ketsueki pointed at her and tried to force the words out of her mouth, she said. "I'd like to see you try!" As she went back to slapping the top of the coffee table. Sachi slapped Namida's shoulder and said. "N-No need to get so angry." Sachi failed to finish her sentence and burst out laughing, she managed to take a deep breath and continued. "It's just a harmless joke."

~10 Minutes Later~

Ketsueki was holding onto a tall glass of apple juice as she completely disregarded it as her gaze was glued onto the two large mugs Namida and Sachi were holding. The mugs were filled to the brim with some of it spilling to the side, it was topped off with plenty of whipped cream, a few plain wafers, and some confectionery. Sachi and Namida were using a spoon to scoop some of it. Namida wiped some of the chocolate ice cream that was dripping from the corner of her mouth with her thumb, she said. "You're lucky this is good." She picked up the confectionery and dipped it in the shake while Sachi was testing the thickness of it.

Sachi said. "Reiki, are you sure this is a milkshake? Looks like you decided to adjust the texture of ice cream." She scooped some of the strawberry ice cream in her mug and tilted the spoon. The ice cream had a viscosity similar to honey, Sachi continued. "Not that I'm complaining." The corner of her lips curved into a smile as she moved the spoon into her mouth. Reiki was standing beside the armchair his older sister was sitting on and pointed at the mugs and said. "Milkshakes are supposed to be thick and mostly ice cream." Ketsueki's eyes had envy all over them as she watched her two friends enjoying their drinks.

She looked at the glass of apple juice in her hands and placed it on the coffee table on top of a coaster. Ketsueki tapped on his shoulder, she said. "... Reiki, I'm starting to feel better… So?..." He turned his head sideways as he looked up to his older sister, Reiki pointed at the apple juice on the coffee table and said. "No." Sachi and Namida simultaneously started chugging the large mugs down, Reiki continued. "I'll be in my room-." He heard a soft thud as he turned his head and saw the two large mugs were empty. Reiki turned his head and saw two empty mugs on the coffee table, he stared at the mugs and said. "One mug had ten pints of ice cream and I broke the blender making them."

Ketsueki's brows furrowed, she said. "What?" Reiki's pupils dilated while Sachi wiped her lips with a napkin. Namida pointed at him and said. "You two lovebirds can argue all you want later. Reiki, do you still have the book you used to learn Elvish?"

3