Chapter 10 – Misha’s Home
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(1336 Mose, Merkutrith, 4th day, Vermay)

 

Everyne Family.

That's one of three duke family in the Myrd kingdom. The family has existed even before the founding of the country and one of the founders.

Their territory is located in the west of the kingdom, borderline with Greezoth country before its fall.

They have established their position through military achievement, became the sword and the shield of Myrd. Some of their previous generations also undertake the kingdom's internal affairs, positioned themself as the second-most influence family after the royalty.

With how big their influence became, it gives rise to various problems. Then, Duke Safron's Grandfather took a bold decision by distance themselves from Myrd internal politics, swiftly focus on the military to avoid any family predicament.

At the time, the family hardly made any political ties, rarely spend on any noble parties, reducing their influence.

After two generations' distancing, even while the great authority and vast influence they have, the Myrd nobles usually leave them alone and hardly engaging with them cause they isolated themselves, seldom associated with the surrounding.

With hardly dealing with visitors, It was creating an environment, the family could enjoy the freedom the nobles generally didn't' had.

Give a unique disposition to the Everyne family.

That's Misha's story to Arc about the Everyne family.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

They’re approaching The Geagte city.

In the middle of the trip, most of the troops from the first army parted from the group, as they back to their respective regions. By now, just Misha's entourage and troops originally from Everyne territory alongside Misha, towards Geagte city.

The Trans-Giffaro stops, parked in the station outside of the city, the group then proceed their travel by carriage.

The time dusk yet, people still crowded the streets in hustle-bustle, clamorous shopkeepers peddling their wares, and vehicles passing on the road.

When the people look at Misha's group moving past them, they scattered, clearing a way for them. Forms line at the roadside, as they watching respectfully Misha's group going parade through them.

Looking at the people's attitude as they proceed through, Arc perplexed. While he knows Misha from well off family, rides some weird vehicle with her, and knowing there's many guards for her, he still didn't expect to be respected by the people to this degree.

"...*Stare*..."

"What?" Slightly irritated by his stare.

"... You truly... from duke... family..."

"Hadn't I told you?"

"... Yes ... but still... unbelievable..." Look at the crowd.

Misha somewhat picks up what he means. However, she feels indifferent. She aware it's not her, but her family they’d respected. And, just a few years ago she lives with them.

"I'm not great, Arc."

Misha smiled wryly then faces the crowd.

"But..." She frowned

For Misha that was a strange sight, as people didn't behave like that toward her, usually. Their reaction had been excessive and revered than usual.

Arc then point out something he noticed.

"... They... somewhat... cheerful..."

She stared intently at the crowd. As Arc mentioned, their face emits a faint glow of cheers. Something she would miss if Arc didn't point out for her.

"You right, Arc. Why's that?"

"Young Lady. May I?"

While Misha Wondering, Drylis speak up. Know the circumstance, apparently.

"You know, Drylis?"

"Yes," she nodded confirmed Misha's guess.

Arc tilted at the side, look at her. While he personally knows Nisself, the other maid, she’s not. Drylis, who wasn’t aware of Arc gaze, keep clarification the situation.

“That's about war situation, the news of Greezoth fall had spread to the public. The masses have taken a great joy of war victory, I even heard they prepared one big celebration once the entire army back.”

"Ooh!" She gets it.

The information of Greezoth country fall is great news for people Myrd, especially the people of the west, as they most suffered from its cruelty. Evidently, it would become an enjoyable moment for the entire country.

Misha glances at the passing people, giving a small wave to them.

"I see… Drylis, since you at it, can you tell us more news during travel?"

"Well, Young Lady."

Drylis continued to give the latest news until the carriage arrives at an estate.

The carriage arrived.

They get off outside the estate gate and continue by walking.

Arc obverse as they stride through the gate. Gardens lining on the ground as far he can look, servants take care of the garden, men in grandeur armor patrol around the estate, and there’s a lot of big building stands.

"That's our home." She pointed to a manor.

"... Wow...!"

That manor is the largest building in the estate, several times the size of the rest with two-tower at either side. The building was large than the mansion in Greezoth, where they first meeting. In fact, Arc feels it more like a castle than a mansion.

They walk past the fountain, advancing to the manor door. From inside, a manservant approached them.

"Welcome home, Young Miss," he greeting Misha's arrival.

Misha nod replied.

"Young Miss, the madam has waiting in the guest chamber," he said, a message from the madam, apparently.

“Uh, okay. Is there any other?”

"She also said to bring that child with you." He adds.

Misha was startled to hear that. It appears the madam knows about Arc's existence.

“Drylis, Nisself. You back to your place with other servants. Don’t mind me,” she said as took Arc's arm.

“”Yes!””

Then, together with Arc, Misha goes to the guest-chamber.

Once they arrive before the chamber door, Misha takes a deep breath before entering.

Arc tilted at her act.

Once she enters, she saw a man and woman sitting on the chair. They’re the madam and Misha's second brother. They looked have waiting for her.

"Oh, Misha!" She cries out.

The Madam suddenly leaps, hugging Misha tightly.

"Mmft!"

Misha's face pressed at her abundant chest. Her hands flapped around, as she is suffocated by Madam's breast.

"How have been, sweetie! You have been in war for-for a long time. It must have rough for you, oh, my poor girl! I was very worried if something fell on you, glad you managed back safely! I always pray for your wellbeing, thank god for answe---"

The madam was rambling in excitement, didn't realize Misha's predicament.

"Mother, Stop. Misha will suffocate."

The young man calms down the madam.

The Madan noticed Misha state hurriedly break off her embrace. Misha fell on the floor with a flushed face.

"... *Pant*... almost dying in her boobs... again..." She murmuring, rubbing her face.

It might just illusion, there’s tiny blood flow out Misha’s nose in Arc sight.

"Mother Lia! I already said, stop hugging me like that! Didn't you know how many times I almost died!?"

“Oh, Little Misha, you’re being exaggerated! There no way my hug can kill you.”

“You almost suffocated me there!”

"But Sweetie, I just worried about you!"

"Then don't try to kill me with your breast every chance!"

Misha giving a death glare toward her bouncing breast. She once read that’s a man romance called heaven-hell sensation and she found that was the truth, the heavenly soft feel of the breast and hell sensation being suffocated. But, once repeatedly receive it for two years, the heaven vanished.

"Just calms down, Misha...*Sigh* Why both of you doing this every time?"

The young man placates them.

Arc, who watches the farce from the sideline, is taken aback.

Despite already heard Misha's story, he was shocked by the unfolding event in front of him.

He stares at the strangers.

The madam – Camilia Falia Everyne – Duke Safron's first wife, duchess of Everyne family, and Misha's stepmother. She has long black hair, an alluring shape body, and a pair of big breasts. In contrast with her bewitchment appearance, She was childish, merry, and airhead. Conduct the people won't expect coming from a duchess.

Misha has a good relationship with her even when they often quarrel like little girls.

And, the young man – Elvar Everyne – the second son of the Everyne family. He was a young man in sickly and weak appearance, but Arc can look strong will reside in his eyes. Not like the other sibling, he a scholastic rather than combatant person. And, take internal affairs duties of family.

Arc felt a little afraid of him, despite his gentle demeanor. For a moment, he felt something in him. Then it vanished as if it just his imagination.

Misha calmed down from her outburst, took a breath of air before greeting them back.

"Glad to back home, Mother Lia, Brother Alv."

"Yes, Sweetie!"

"Likewise, Misha."

Camilia replied boisterously while Alver calmly.

"Little Misha! How about telling us about your experience there!"

"You'd hear? I thought there was frequently report sent here."

"It's okay. Although we already hearing mostly from the whispering orb, we want to hear the story directly from you." Alver says.

"... fine, it's won't be a pleasant story thought."

"How we take seats first," Alver suggests.

"Oh, don't forget her, Little sweet!" Camilia points at Arc.

Arc also curious about the story as he gives an eager look to her.

They take seats. Maids come, bringing tea and sweets to the table. Misha recounted her experience to them.

Some story adventuring, some great, and some other horrifying, she wants to skip about her run off story until Alver pointed that out. Camilia forced Misha to tell all of her misbehaved adventures, giving Misha an abashed look. And, by the end, she recounts her meeting with Arc.

"... That’s how I met Arc."

"Uuhh, you have through so much while just being an eight-year-old, Little Misha," Says Camilia, wiping out her imaginary tears.

"It's nothing, Mother Lia." Misha is exasperated by Camilia exaggerated act.

"Mother is right, Misha. You have gone through so much... although, I was slightly envious of you can do many things I can't with this sickly body." Elvar says in a melancholy voice.

"That's not right, Brother Alv! You also can do many things I can't. Like, read that difficult document and..." Misha failed to console.

Alver just wryly smiles at her flustered face.

"Enough about me. Now, how you introduce your little friend." Addressing to Arc

Misha reminded Arc, who completely quiet at her side since entering the room. Honestly, he slipped out of her mind.

"You’d know about Arc, brother Alv?"

"Not truly, just some from what Eliphes had mentioned it in the report."

"... Uhm..."

Arc twitched when their attention directed at him. He just silently heard their conservation, didn't expect to bring him up in their talk.

"Right, Misha! Just hurry, introduce her to us! Hey, sweetie. What's your name?"

Without wait Misha's response, Camilia came, gently speak to Arc.

"!... I-it's Arc..." Arc being apprehensive by her suddenness.

"What you holding?" Looking at the thing Arc embrace.

"... Uhm... It's my... precious thing..."

"Oh my." Camilia curiously looked.

That thing is Arc's sword, it's wrapping in the cloth before entering the estate to avoid inconvenience.

Arc became vigilant as Camilia tries to touch it.

"Mother Lia! You scare Arc." Shouts Misha.

"Ah! Forgive me, baby! Don't be so wary. I didn't mean to do anything." She quickly draws back her hand after noticed Arc's wariness.

"... Uhm..." Arc nodded, let his wariness yet.

"How old are you, baby?" She continued her question.

Heard that question, Arc bows his head lost in deep thinking, then shook his head.

"... I... don't know..."

"You don't know?"

"...Yes, I... don't remember... my age..." Arc nodded, casting a sullen down look as he can’t remember anything about his past including age.

Camilia stares intently at him. Before-

"Oh, poor child!!" Suddenly embrace him.

"Omfh!"

She hugs more tightly than before.

"You’re pitiful one, child! Just how miserable you have been, you even look so skinny! Don't worry, you will be safe here! You won't ever be hurt or harmed again."

She rambles as she squeezed Arc in her arms.

"...W-what...!?"

Arc bewildered by Camilia’s act was giving an ask-for-help gaze to Misha.

Misha tiredly watched Camilia excessive reaction.

"It's enough, Mother Lia. You hurt Arc."

"What you saying!? Didn’t you look at her? She needs a lot of love right now!"

Misha let out a deep sigh. Then, noticed something amiss in their conservation.

"She? Uhm, Mother Lia… you called Arc, she?"

Misha observes Arc. He wore her white robe, has fairly long black hair, pairs blue sapphire eye like her, a little skinny and delicate feature. And, there still some bandage hiding part of his body. Indeed, right now, he just looked like a little girl.

"Mother Lia... Arc is a boy."

Misha gives her the truth.

Camilia stiffens, then silently inspecting Arc for a length of time, and moves her face toward Misha.

"... A boy?"

"Eh? He's a boy?" Apparently, Alver too.

"That's right."

Camilia immediately shoves her hand, grabbing a thing between Arc's legs.

"... Hyaa!"

"That's true! He's a boy!"

"Mother!"

"Mother Lia!" Misha face palmed, amazed by Camilia daringness. Even, Alver wide-eyed look at it.

"It's doesn't matter! He still needs lots affection!"

"... H-help..."

""... *sigh*...""

Both of them let a sigh, defeated by her high-spiritedness.

Misha decided to keep conversation with Alver, ignored Arc's abandoned look.

"Brother Alv, you say Sister Eli told you about Arc."

"True, She also said about you take him as your personal servant."

"Huh? This first time I heard that!"

"is that wrong? Why you take him then?"

"Ha ha ha, It just impulses."

"Misha... for people, especially a noble family like us, picking up homeless people in a sense is taking them as a servant... meaning, people have seen as you took him as your servant."

"Is that's!?"

Misha rose from the chair, shocked by the surprising fact. She didn't know that kind of practice.

Then she recalls her family reaction at the Greezoth. It seemed they aren't just mad because she took care of Arc, but by the fact, she takes him as a servant.

"Isn't it too late to be surprised? He was here."

"But, while it’s true I want to take care of him, I never expected him became my personal servant."

A personal servant is different from a normal servant, as the name suggests that implying Arc wouldn't serve Everyne family but her as a servant. And, his education and training will be responsible for Misha. Once he's fledging, he’ll be following her everywhere. She felt a headache just thinking about that.

"Why father let that?" Remembering how easy her father accepted Arc.

"Seemly Father wants to give you one because just you alone haven't, and he seems close to age with you making a perfect playmate."

"Such a meddlesome parent."

Misha takes a look at Arc, who suffocates in Camilia hug. Then let out a smile.

"Doesn't matter, he’ll be my personal servant." She murmurs. While reluctant, she decided to accept as she felt responsible to pick him.

A moment later, a maid then entered the guest chamber. Saying dinner has been prepared.

Misha noticed the day has turned dark. They have taken a lot of time in conservation.

They changed to the dining room.

Arc takes a seat slightly far from Camilia, giving her a wary stance.

When food coming, his mood shifted, as he sparkled by the view.

"Little Misha, is it true Arc will become your servant!? Finally, you have your own servant! Uhh, you don't need our help now, what bliss."

Camilia still on her incoherent ramble.

"Isn’t that exciting Misha!? Not just playmate, you got a roommate too!"

"Eh? What you mean?"

"There no longer room available as the servant residence has filled up. And, that child still looks unstable, so you should close with him at your room." Alver explains.

"Will be fine?"

"That's fine! You two just children yet! Rather alone in the cold night, embracing each other warm in sleep is heaven!"

It's decided Arc will stay in Misha's room.

Misha finds Arc just scooped a soup in an unconcerned appearance as if the talk doesn't involved him, she felt a little irritated at him. Then, just lets out a thin, tired smile.

"Wonder what do next."

 

********************

**********

*****

 

"... is it fine... I'm here...?"

Arc asked for many times.

"It's fine! Just stop asking already."

After dinner, they both went to Misha's room, located on the third floor. While Arc little anxious to be with her, he has some understanding it's inappropriate for them together in the same room. Especially sleeps on the same bed.

"*Sigh* Mother Lia has told, it’s okay, so just came here!"

Misha pulled him to bed.

"What's wrong with you? You're fine when at the camp, but minding that here."

"... Uhm..."

When she mentioned that, he realized it's too late to mind that.

"...Can I just... sleep on… floor...?"

"No way I'd let you! It's fine to sleep with me, the bed too big for myself."

She forcefully pushed him lays beside her, thinking he might sleep on the floor if she doesn't force him.

Arc yield at her forcefulness then looks at the black sky through the window.

"...Misha..."

"Yes."

"... Thanks..."

"… Yeah."

1