Chapter 7: The fox girl and the wind spirit
62 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We finally escaped the city, me and Luna.

No one chased us during the rest of the day and we marched in a safe spot. A little forest, a bit closed to the city, but they'll never try to dispatch guards around here.

They are propably healing that knight Markus. At that time I couldn't control my emotion, I was shocked to hear the level max someone got was at least 70, in 1000 years!

Luna was now capable to walk on her own and so we venture ourself deeper into the forest.

Luna was clearly unconfortable, she didn't know what to say and I..didn't know where to go.

With her magic she created some clothes, she could not do it before, she niether had the strengh nor the neccessary mana to make them.

She made a dress with a short skirt.Then she says.

"could I keep a bit longer this mantle,I don't know why but I regain a lot of mana when I have it."

"Yes you can, it's not like I will use it...."

"Do..do you have a specific place in mind, where you're going next?"

"No..not really, I don't even know any a thing about this world, I'm going on a blind adventure."

........

"You helped me a lot today and I want to show you my gratitude! If you don't know where to go then why not start by exploring the demon continent?"

I look at her, surprise.

"Going in the demon continent?? That could be fun. can you tell me more about it?

"Of course but we should first we should settle in, the night is about to fall and we have no food .

As she said night was soon to appear, it surely was a very long day. Should this count as a double day actually? I mean this morning I went to work, return to play? got summoned into another world, it was still morning, got myself lost in a castle, found a demon, fought assassins, exit a castle, fought a knight and escape to a forest. Yes it was a long day.

We decided to camp for the night, Luna would bring the fire wood while I went searching for food. We first set the camp creating a pile of rock.

With my high intelligence I could pick some berries, I would leave the poisonous berry and pick those edibles. There also was a river, with this we could fish and have fresh water.

I should have it in my inventory,mmh..? here! The almighty fishing rod. His stats were the following: +20% chance to caught a fish, no need for baits, the more fish you catch the easiest it his to catch them (+10%). 

I sat down on the grass, there is a rock behind rock, obviously I rest my back and swing the rod it land on the water.

10 minutes later I had already caught at least 10 fish.

"I'll... just get back to the camp. Navigating around the dark forest, turning left to this tree, then going straight up till I see a little rock then turn right and I should be back at the camp.

 

"Mmmh?"

To my surprise I quickly hid behind a tree, four people, three humans, one beastmen.

The beastmen is a girl with orange long hair, a fox tail and ears, blue eyes. She has some wounds in her arm, fresh blood coming from it, she has no weapon, I could guess that she can use magic or is proficient with fist.

The three humans were wearing lightleather  armor with boots, each of them with a single short metal sword. 

"Come on just surrender already, we chased you for the entire forest now, we both know that it's useless to run from us."

Wow, what kind of luck do we have to not cross their path? Their fight doesn't interrest me, I should just ignore them and meet Luna. We have to get out of here before being mixt up in this.

 

"I won't surrender, no matter what, I must survive for the sake of everyone who sacrifeded his life!"

Soon the four men surrounded her, leaving no space to retaliate or escape.

She has no chance to deafeat them. In a four vs one situation you should always run and not tell the enemy words that they could not care about.

She look around her, spinning her waist, sweat all over her body, she ran around all the forest trying to lose her persuers.

All of a sudden she takes a deep breath and..

"Seraph!"

The wind begin to form a circle around the fox girl, gathering from all over the forest.The four men were now scared, they can't understand what is happening.

The circle soon starts to shift and take form. A woman with a peaceful and mature look on her face, blue hair with mesmerizing saphir eyes, a rubberband holding her hair into one place. The clothes she's wearing are very thin and almost transparent, it's as if the clothes were made out of wind. A long silk scarf floating in mid-air.

"Have you called me Kei. What seems to be the problem?"

Her voice was sweet and calming.

"Can't you take a look around, this man are bad people, they want to capture me! Kill them Seraph!"

"As you want, I shall dispose of those who mean harm to my precious Kei."

The spirit pat the fox's head, who try to push her hand, a clear embarrasment can be seen.

The spirit takes a more aggressive stance and with one wave of her hand wind gather in one place, forming a giant blade .

"Wind slash!"

The spell was then shot, it's very fast and soon it hit the two guy in front of her.

*creeek*

The sound of flesh being ripped apart, the fresh sent of blood and thefollowing  visual was disgusting. The body of the two were sawed in two, with they're internal organs oustide the place they should be. Their lifeless corps hit the ground, the other two behind the fox girl try to run away, they scatter, but it seemingly useless, two other waves spring up from wind, this time horizontally, faster and crueller.

The two try to dodge, but they still get cut in half, one lucky fellow lost his right arm and a part of his leg.

"aaaaaaaaaah!!"He screams laudly

 

"Oh my, I missed...that's no good I need to practise more, if I can't kill someone in one go I am going to be a disgrace in front of Kei!"

She put her hand on her face and with a devilish smile she start chanting another wind slash

The fox girl has a very serious look, indisturbed by the spirit action, calm and cupid, she watch has the last man gets dissected in two.

The battle ended quickly, I didn't think higly of her at first, but now she ecceeded all my expectation. You can't gugde someone by their look.

I should go warn Luna, we can't stay here another second, there is bound to be bad people like them. I walk away, but as soon as I get up...

*auto enhancing speed and agility*

The message wich warm me of danger.

*auto dodge: active!*

My body jump on is own, a spell as been shot in my direction and it cut through the trees.

* bam*

"Show yourself!!"The fox girl scream.

I approach her, as she sees me she takes a fighting stance and her spirit by her side form a blade of wind. Does she know one spell only?

"I do not want to fight you"

"Say what you want but that's not gonna save you from death, Seraph."

The wind blade was shot at high speed, dodging would unnecesary, she would continuously shoot the spell.So I did the only logical thing and straight up punch it.

The wind scattered on impact and vanished, letting them in awe .

"Did he just punched your magic, what kind of idiot would punch a magic spell?"

"The one in front of us I guess. "

"He must have an artifact that nullify magic or maybe a skill? That's not important right now, we have to kill him and get away from here as fast as possible!"

"Why would you run away, your spirit is stronger then those men.No, wait, the first question I should asking is why is a beastmen in the human territory?They're killed or captured on site ."

"Because you think there are only human who live in Vanmian?Of course not! My ancestors lived here even before human arrived, after that was hell.Your race chased, killed, rape , captured our kind just for entertainment. I won't stand to it anymore, I'll kill each and every person on the capital!"

*sigh*

"You know I couldn't give a damn about your killing spree, I want like you to get out of this forest before this guy's friend show up. I'm sure they're not the only one present."

"I'm not letting you out of the forest alive, Seraph!"

 

This time it wasn't a blade of wind, but a long spear.

"Wind spear!"

She threw the spear in my direction and like the last spell I just punch it, but this time the wind didn't disappear and the remain parts became needles. By closing her hand the spirit's needle flew torward me.

"Gotcha!"

.......

"Time stop"

Everthing around froze and remains static, the sound, wind, birds, falling leafs and people. Like last time the face of my oponent is full of confidence, that soon I'll shatter, but I don't want to kill her, she sparked my interest  and I'm curious about she said. How did the human conquered a continent who lived beastmen before, how did the majority became the minority. I'm intriged by the story of this continent.

 I  took a rope from my inventory and wrapped her arms and legs, for the spirit though it's gonna be a little bit more complicated. 

"Time flow"

 

"What!! Kei"

"How did you do that,"

"I think we all stated with the wrong foot, I do not want to hurt and couldn't care less about your circomstances, but you tried to kill me and so I'm taking as an hostage."

"Release me at once, Seraph use a magic to kill him"

"....I can't, if I do start casting I'm sure he'll kill you before I have the chance to finish."

"WHAT!"

"For now you two will be following me, I promise to not hurt anybody if you comply to my orders."

The spirit thinks and finally agreed, a disgusted and angered look was on her face, if I let my guard down she'll propably try to kill me. The ofx girl on the other hand is wriggling to get free, very useless, the rope cannot be cut or damaged.

"Stop moving to much, we're going back to my camp, follow me spirit."

"I'll do has you say as long as no harm will be done on Kei. Promise me that you will not hurt her."

"I promise, I just want to clear something first, we'll go back to my camp and then I'll release the fox girl."

 

And so Zero, Kei and Seraph went back to the camp, but how will Luna react to all of this??

 

 

 

4