Chapter 15: Dovacath’s Secret
18 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How's it going?" asked Jon.

"You have some explaining to do." I said.

"Yes," he answered, "I already told everyone else: this quest was set up."

"What!?" exclaimed Harold.

"I'm sure you've figured it out already," replied Jon, "that all of the deaths were fake."

"Yes, Ron made that clear in the previous trial." I responded.

"Your powers were faked too." said Jon, "We had professionals doing all the work. They caused the non-spirit mediums to look away when the 'locks' appeared, for example. The weapons and the 'I like trains' guy were also fake. It was a bit difficult to hide all of our machines around town."

"That trapdoor we found earlier," said Harold, "is that how you handled the deaths?"

"Yes," answered Jon, "those passages were how we took care of all of the 'deaths'. A lot of stuff was easy to fake, like the story about the dragon… and the whistle… well, Jason… you had strings attached to your armor and that's how it worked."

"This is a bit disappointing." I said, "However, I just have one question. How did you get us all here?"

"Well," he answered, "all of your parents signed a form for you guys to come here during the weekend. They must've really wanted you out of the house! All of you were asleep when we took you here, whether intentional or not."

"You took us when we were asleep!?" I exclaimed.

"Do you really have to make it sound so creepy?" asked Cerise.

"Just kidding." responded Jon, "You all got here normally but we used our technology to alter your memories."

"What!?" I responded.

"Some of you may think you got here in some fantasy-like way, but it's probably the last thing you remember doing before coming here." continued Jon, "And for some of you, you were definitely in the middle of a dream. Anyways, your quest is now over. We hope to see you guys some time again in the future."

"So you were in on this too?" I asked, looking at Cerise.

"Yeah, I was a moderator for this experiment." she answered.

"Experiment?" I replied, "What do you mean?"

"It's nothing you need to worry about." replied Cerise, "Why don't you all get home?"

-Ron's POV-

I walked from Dovacath and found that it was located in my home town. I eventually reached my house and went inside. The "quest" we had gone on was finally over, but I had this feeling that something wasn't right. That night, before I went to bed, I looked out my window and saw something strange. Outside, the kid we fought with in Dovacath was across the street. I blinked, and he vanished. It was almost as if he was never there.

1