Chapter 36: Halloween’s Battle
10 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My full potential?" I responded, "What the heck are you talking about?"

"The way you're using your power," she responded, "It's still half-assed."

"What do you mean my power is half-assed!?" I exclaimed.

"Heh," she said, "don't we have other things to worry about."

"Oh, right." I said, "We need to do something about this rain."

I just stood there.

"What?" said Cerise.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do." I replied.

"I'm not your babysitter, you know?" she said.

"I know that!" I exclaimed, "It's just... what are we supposed to do about this weather?"

Then, a bit of smoke appeared in front of us, and I saw the hooded figure that I'd seen my previous quests.

"Where is he?" asked Cerise.

The hooded person pointed up at the sky.

"Guess we're going up." said Cerise, "Grab on."

"Grab on to what!?" I exclaimed.

"The umbrella." she answered, "What did you think I was referring to?"

The next thing I knew, the umbrella was floating up, somehow carrying both of us up.

"What exactly... are you?" I asked.

"That's a secret." she said.

As we were floating up, the hooded person was jumping around and swinging a scythe around. Somehow, they were managing to not get hurt by the knives. This person was actually hopping on them and using them as steps to head up into the sky. After waiting a little while, we landed on a cloud.

"Um... how are we actually standing on a cloud?" I asked.

"It's thanks to our abilities." answered Cerise.

"You there." I said, pointing over at the hooded figure, "Why don't you say anything?"

The hooded figure didn't respond.

"She's not going to speak unless she feels like it." said Cerise, "Now come on, let's go find Miles."

We ran through the sky, hopping from cloud to cloud. Never in my life did I ever think I would do something like this, as I witnessed the sun set. Before we knew it, the sky had gotten dark and we encountered Miles.

"So... just what are you up to?" I asked.

"Just having a little fun." answered Miles.

"Yeah, well you're fun's over!" I exclaimed.

"Is that so?" responded Miles.

"Is this all a game to you?" asked Cerise.

"Jeff told me that you guys are in the way." said Miles, "We certainly can't have Ron's power reach it's full potential."

"Full potential?" I said, "Cerise mentioned that earlier but I have no idea what it even means!"

"How do you know about that?" asked Cerise.

"I have my ways," he said, "however, I don't think Jeff knows how powerful is power is capable of becoming."

"So... you're here to kill me, is that it?" I asked.

"Something like that." he said.

He ran toward me and struck at me with a sword. Luckily, I was able to dodge. After that, the hooded person struck at him with her scythe. However, her attack missed as well. Cerise quickly ran up to him and had a knife to his throat. He quickly kicked her and she fell over.

"I LIKE CATS!" I shouted and several ran toward Miles, tackling him.

"It's gonna take a lot more than that." he said, getting up.

After that, they all exploded but thankfully, it wasn't gorey. It looked more like a bunch of glitter was spread all over the place.

"Okay, what the hell just happened?" I said.

"Ron," said Cerise, "You can't just rely on those kinds of attacks."

"Those kinds of attacks?" I said, "What are you referring to?"

"There's more to your power." she said, "Think harder."

Before I could even think, a blade met the side of my face and I started bleeding.

"Shit." I said.

"What your fucking language." responded Cerise.

Then, Miles was constantly swinging his sword at me and I was constantly dodging, over and over. Cerise was throwing knives at us while this was going on. I know she was aiming for Miles but a few almost hit me! The hooded person ran toward us and struck at Miles and got him in the side of the face.

"Damn," he said, "guess this won't be as easy as I thought."

I looked at him and thought about what Cerise had said. I really needed to figure out what she meant about my power not reaching its full potential. What else was there I could do with it? As I thought about, the next thing I knew, I had a cat-themed gun in my hand.

"What the-!?" I exclaimed.

"It seems like you're getting there." commented Cerise.

"I, uh, o-okay!" I responded, pulling the trigger repeatedly.

Miles managed to dodge all of my shots.

"Son of a bitch!" I exclaimed.

"Do you always talk like that?" asked Cerise.

"My mouth moves on its own sometimes." I answered.

Miles came up close and struck his sword at my gun and I ended up blocking with it. The sword kept striking at my gun and the next thing we knew, we were falling from the cloud.

"I LIKE CATS!" I shouted and suddenly made a cat-cloud below my fight.

I then somehow pulled Miles' sword out of his hand and got him in the chest. Blood shot out of his mouth after that.

"Gaach!" he exclaimed.

After that, he fell to the ground and knife rain stopped. Then, I floated down on my cat cloud and went to where Miles was.

"Damn it." he said, "Guess... I'll have to wait until later."

"Until later?" I said.

"This isn't the last you've seen of me." he said.

After that, a cloud of smoke appeared and after that, he was gone. Then, I saw Mikaela.

"Watcha doing?" she asked.

"N-nothing." I said, throwing Miles' sword off to the side.

"Interesting..." she said.

Not too much later, Cerise walked onto the scene.

"Looks like that's all taken care of." she said.

"Who are you?" asked Mikaela.

"Why don't you go home?" suggested Cerise, "It would be best not to get random people involved."

"Is that all I am to you?" responded Mikaela.

"I have no business with you." responded Cerise.

"Whatever." said Mikaela, taking off.

"Is she a friend of yours?" asked Cerise.

"Yeah," I answered, "we have one class together."

"You alright?" asked Cerise.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied.

"Good." she said, "Think hard about how you'll use you power from now on."

After that, we split up and I went home and I quickly went to bed. This was the weirdest Halloween I'd ever had.

0