Three
4.6k 18 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Few lines of sexual abuse close to the end of this chapter. Nothing overly graphic, or detailed, however. This isn't a normal, or continued, occurrence in the story, either.

The hum of her core rang within her.

She could feel the turbulence of the mana rolling through her skin, her veins, and her heart. She smiled and bowed to the family before her. Her legs shook not because of their stares but due to the discomfort of heels—which she had decided she very much disliked.

"Good morning," She said, rising back up with bleak emerald eyes that continually collected data from her surroundings.

They were dressed in ceremonial attire. The father, the person that had her behave like a dog, wore a clean suit she thought complimented him well. The mother, with black hair and emerald eyes resembling her own, wore a dark, blue dress and scowled at her sight. Then there was her master's little sister and brother, who curiously blinked at her, then went back to standing oddly by their parents. The lady herself stood behind her with a hoodie over her head.

As nervous as Rose felt, her heart did not beat any more wildly than it ever did—which was none at all.

"Is everything ready, then?" The commanding voice of the man rang as he ignored her entirely.

Her master nodded. "Yes, father, we can depart now."

Rose listened to the prior order of Idris, following the group outside of the estate into a front garden enclosed by a circular, asphalt, road and iron gates ahead.

The place was lined with motors. Those metal transporters, boxed things on wheels that looked sleek under the burning sun. The window of one of them reflected back her dolled face along with her emerald eyes. The door hefted open, forcing her to step back as it lifted like a latch to the sky and she was met with a stinging glare of eyes the same color as her own.

"Stick to the plan, brother, don't do anything reckless," Her master said behind her and soon ordered her in, "Sit there. No matter what, do not move."

The sigil shined and Rose's body moved beyond her control. She wondered why such an order, that she wouldn't mind to do of her own will, needed the control of a Master Sigil. Still, she entered the thing and sat upon the passenger seat coated in leather. To her left was the brother of her master, tapping a floating, translucent, blue screen in front of him and holding the steering wheel of the motor.

"Very well," Idris said with a smile as the latch of the door closed, "This is goodbye, then."

Tapping twice on a bracelet strapped to her arm, a screen popped up to her face. Some quick taps later and a voice came.

"Is it all ready?" It was her father's.

"Yes, yes, we're all prepared," She said as she began to walk away, "We can begin."

Rose watched her master make way from the slew of motors. She watched as the girl went to the back of the estate. Why was her master leaving. . .? She thought, a part of her feeling a sudden emptiness.

There was a small hum as the motor started, she stared through the frontal window, watching the others follow their own from all sides.

"Alright," The man at her side said before sitting back into the chair, "Auto drive, on."

There was a small beep and he released his hands from the steering wheel, watching a blinking map at his front before turning his head to her.

Rose looked on as he stretched his arm towards her. She watched as his hand reached below the skirt of her dress and she quickly felt the warmth of his grasp upon her thigh as he caressed it. Her mouth opened to deny him, or beg that he stop, but nothing came out. She wanted to bolt from the place, but the very action of moving to leave her seat went counter to her orders and she felt her very thoughts forcing her down.

Still, she shook her head, eyes locking with the man's.

"What? Are you denying me?" He seemed to find her action amusing. "Really? Do you know that a homunculus cannot refuse the orders of a human?"

She knew, of course. Her eyes widened as he spoke his next words.

"Kiss me," He said, hand moving even further up her dress, and she found her breasts being fondled.

Fear engulfed her as her body moved on its own and their lips soon connected with their tongues intertwining. The very warmth he gave through his hands and through his lips sent shivers running across her frame.

As they separated, he smiled.

"A shame the real you is such a bitch or I could have. . ." He stopped himself and soon cursed, "Dammit, Idris."

His hands continued their movement under her clothing. Rose wondered if the man would undress himself at any moment and take her right then and there. She wondered what manner of love he held for his sister.

Yet, the sight of fire in front of her dragged her out of that thought and him off of her. They both looked forward with shock upon their faces, and he tsked.

"They came too fast."

A bird's cry reached her ears and she saw the image of a burning phoenix piercing through the morning sky and diving right for her. It burned red and orange, its visage flickering like an illusion until the window of the motor shattered and glass shards flew.

She wanted to escape, but her orders were to remain seated. The homunculus had little time to think before fire drilled into her chest.

She looked to the left to see the male protected by a small barrier of mana.

She wanted to scream as fire engulfed her world, but her orders were to remain silent.

As she heard the sound of her core shatter, on that day, Rose died.

161