Six
4.1k 12 155
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence reigned in the room. Rose stared at the woman who was crumpled on the ground, then at the core within the odd silver box that continually hummed a low sound. There was a certain urge within her to try what the man had just done. More specifically, she felt as if she knew just how to do so.

'Odd,' She thought. Her core was certain she could do it, as if she had been programmed to be able to. 'Is it the work of my creator?'

It seemed to be the case. Her dual-core system, the second core that had no code to follow the orders of humanity, and now the data in her mind that told her she could definitely hack into another core. All of it was most definitely the handiwork of her creator. How and why? She didn't know. And that fact puzzled her.

Still, she followed her will and sat upon the chair.

A moment later, and some fumbling about, her core hummed and she followed the actions that she thought right. She calmed her mind and listened, soon, there was humming around her and she could feel an invisible energy. Her mind latched onto those things and she brought out her right hand. Strings of blue lines, wiggling in the air, came from her fingers and attached to the near-solidified core in front of her.

"Amazing. . ." She blurted out immediately after. It was as if she was connected to the heart of a living being.

She could feel the emotions of the thing and she, oh, she could feel something deeper, calling her to take a look. Curiosity filled her and she did just that. Why and how did a homunculus become a wife to a human?

As she guided the mana strings, and peeled at the memory bank of the core, she found a slew of orders within the S. Series Homunculus. Shifting through them, there were two important memories she saw that pertained to her interest.

'Fall in love with me.' A crying man ordered but was only met with a smile and the response. 'Master, a homunculus's emotions can't be ordered.'

This one shocked her, but the next one sent waves crashing.

'Then. . .' The man looked from desperation as his Sigil lit up, '. . .become my wife, take care of me, and dedicate your life to me.' The smile of the Homunculus disappeared, Rose saw the memory shake, twist and fumble about, but soon calmed as the woman—her voice—responded, 'A-as you wish, dear.'

She jumped up and the clank of the chair rang. If she could shiver, she would. She looked at the face of the woman laying besides the table then at the core. Her emotions couldn't be ordered, but her actions were. She had been trapped, a homunculus who was forced into a relationship. . .an horrendous situation.

The sound of a door closed, two clunks rang, and she turned her head to see the man having returned from his trip as two shining balls of blue rolled from his feet.

"What—what did you do to my Maria?!" The man screamed, he looked between her and the core, but realization and disbelief dawned a moment later when he turned to her, "N-no way—no way. . .how does a homunculus have the ability to connect with a Core?! How crazy is the Silent Witch?!"

He came at her quickly with the rage of a bull and she backed away.

"Wait, stop!" She pleaded. Fear crossed her face. She was alone and defenseless. And he—he was human.

"Are you even a doll?" He drew the weapon from his back and pointed it to her head as he came closer. It was metallic, a mixture of white and black scraps welded together, and there was an orb attached to its side.

"Wait-wait—"

Rose backed even farther from the man, fear ignited in her, and she pleaded with him. She did not want to die again, doubting that she could revive once more. Was she even alive in the first place? She didn't know. But she certainly did not want to see herself destroyed and thrown away once more.

"Come closer to me!" He said, a finger placed on the trigger of the weapon and Rose felt a leap in mana.

She was backed against the wall and the muzzle of the weapon inched closer to her face.

That was when she heard the hum of her core and a fire spark between them. The air ripped apart, and before she knew it, she was gripping a sheathed sword in her hand.

"—how do you have that??" He came closer with raging eyes and ordered again, "Put it down!"

But she didn't trust him any longer.

The weapon left its sheath, fire spurred, and she swung the blade. The head of the man flew off and thumped upon the ground. His body, neck seared, fell down as well. There was no blood.

The homunculus fell back, sliding down the wall. Rose sat, unperturbed by the scene before her, staring at the burning weapon in her hand.

'. . .is this a Gear?' Her core immediately identified what it was.

But it was impossible, she thought, she was a homunculus, an artificial creation. Only a being with a living soul could have and summon a Gear.

155