Chapter 8 An Ally Or Foe?
81 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neko Pov

When I see Chris crumple into the ground I instinctively cast stealth and slip away. A dart appearing a split second later in the spot I just was. I watch a confused Taylor topple over. After they both were passed out a surprisingly large amount of people emerge from all around us and start to drag them away.

Naturally, I follow them. Their camp wasn't too far, but it was far enough for me to wince at the thought of how their back would feel later. When we arrived I was surprised by the sheer number of people that were here. It basically was a small town but with tents. It was quite loud too.

I continued to follow them. They stopped at a tent that looked like all the others1They look like your typical modern tents I'll explain later and threw them in. I slipped in right before they closed it. I first checked on Chris and confirmed that the darts were only a tranquilizer. I unconsciously found myself staring at his lips. I quickly stepped away when I realized it. I turn when I hear Taylor groan and he glanced over to me.

"Never knew tranq darts hurt this much"

"They DID drag you for a while" He groans again while rubbing his back

"This hurts like a bitch even with pain resist" I smirk

"Fu∼? Our big strong tank is whining?" He stares at me in disbelief

"Really?" I smile and pat his back with a little extra ompf

"Fuck you" He swatted my hand away. I frown

"How did you wake up so fast anyway?"

"One of the higher levels gave me a status reduction buff" I sigh my class did have some great higher level bonuses but that skill... Taylor sees my face and begins to smirk

"Yeah makes certain boss a breeze" He was digging at a boss where my class is basically useless. But what it drops is extremely useful for my skill tree. I tried many times but when you freeze a class, whose main strength is speed its not so fun. It also a class-only story, so I couldn't let either of them do it. But what is the cruelest of it all, is that the buff is super OP.

I give him my best death stare and I was about to retort back but we hear a person approach the tent. I quickly slip back into stealth and watch as a guy in plain clothes walks in. He looked preoccupied and then he saw Taylor staring at him.

He stumbled backward and tripped out of the tent. I see Taylor shoot me an exasperated look and he gets up to follow the guy. I follow to see Taylor circled by various swords. They all looked nervous and one of them shakily shouts out.

"Surrender lady!" I snort and I hear Taylor snicker but he raised both of his hands into the air.

"What now?" The people wavered but they all relaxed when they see a woman approach and she spoke in a commanding voice.

"I am the leader here state your business"

I text Chris

"You're up"-Neko_lover

"On it"-SmolPanda

Chris steps out of the tent. He walked up to her and bowed. I thought it would be too much, but the lady just looked amazed more than anything. I tense when she rushes up and grips onto Chris's shoulders. She looks pointedly at the surrounding people.

"Finally someone with some respect!" She turns back to Chris "They were insufferable when I first arrived here"

"Nice to meet you...?"

"Just call me Judy I always thought captain seemed too formal"

"Chris" He points towards Taylor "And that's Taylor" She nodded and gestured for Chris to follow her and starts walking towards the biggest tent. She enters and sits at a miniature table. She waits until Chris settles in a seat across from her and then begins to speak

"Why are you here?" I see Chris fidget under her stare and he caves

"Honestly we don't know" I was expecting Judy to be at least be astounded but she didn't react or at least didn't show anything.

"Go on" Chris pauses and sighs

"We probably aren't from this world" Judy nods

"I know what your situation is" Chris frowned

"You...do?"

"Otherworlders are not that uncommon on this planet, every couple of years something from another world appears here. Most of them are items so we can't just ask them"2Just an establishing a plot device so random stuff that I throw in here isn't too immersion breaking She gestures to the tent surrounding us "This tent was one of them, most of them are useful but some..." The atmosphere tensed up. Chris picked it up and quickly changed the subject.

"So what is this place called"

"Earth"

"Huh, our world was called the same thing. Well do you have a year system?" She nodded

"Yes, it is 50 AC" I frown this world had God here too?

"AC?" I stop pondering if God was actually real3I'm not that religious as you can see but I DO follow Thighdeoligy because I noticed she start to shut down again but I guess she realized she was going to break down in front of someone she barely knew. So she resolved herself and replied to the question.

"After Cronos, an egotistical tyrant that can manipulate time," She says with a pained face "My family and many others didn't comply. They began a rebel group that grew immediately. But right when they were starting to actually harm him, he just killed everyone that influenced all the groups. So everyone that was left dissolved into small groups afterward. We lost many others from" She slams the table "Too many stupid mistakes"

Chris gently placed his hand over hers. I felt a stab of jealousy, but I forced it down.

"I know how you feel. My parents died because our government cut corners and didn't abide by safety regulations. I would of alone for the rest of my life. If it wasn't for my best friend and" Chris looked at me "a certain special girl if I hadn't met them I don't think I would still be here" I didn't know how to react. Thankfully Judy was too emotional to see that look he gave me and spoke up.

"...so what is your plan?"

"I guess gather info because we are literally on a different planet"

"We can help you with that the rebels will help everyone who pledges to the cause" She glances at Chris with a sheepish look "Will you pledge?"

"Is there any requirement? I like to read the fine print"

"Well other than the constant risk of death. There is one other thing"

"And that is..." She grimly smiles

"Don't pry, Everyone here can mess around and laugh because they ignore what they all have lost over the years" Chris lets out a relieved breath of air

"No problem everyone has stuff that remains private I respect that"

"Also tell that girl to be careful" Chris's gaze flickers to me "The men don't like having a woman that's stronger than them" Chris frowned then started to laugh. It was Judy's turn to frown "What? it's true" Chris squeezed out "Taylor?" She nodded and Chris started to laugh uncontrollably. Judy just stared at Chris like he was crazy. A minute later he finally stopped.

"Oh I needed that, anyways" He stared at Judy "You don't have to worry about him" Out of all of this Apparently this was the most shocking.

"Is this related to where you came from?"

Chris hesitated then nodded. Yeah explaining Taylor's condition is a bit confusing.

"So what can you do?"

"Know what magic is?" Judy stood up faster than we could react and grasped both of his hands with hers. I relaxed when I saw a starstruck look in her eyes.

"Of course! it's the most powerful thing a person can have!" Her eyes noticeably dimmed "Sadly I have only weak magic"

Chris perked up "Can I see it?" Judy frowned "You probably will be disappointed"

He smiled "I will never be disappointed in another magic-user"

She smiled and nodded. She closed her eyes, the room4what the fuck do you call the inside of a tent? started to dim. Then all of the surrounding oil lanterns implode and danced around the room. Soon it was a kaleidoscope of fiery colors.

After years of playing with Chris, I could tell he was using his magic too5Technology reached the point people could use all 5 senses to a higher level and an addinanal 6th one too if you count magic sense it's how Chris is so powerful he was able to manipulate mana outside of skills Judy's eyes opened and looked at the show.

"I-I have never seen my own magic. It was always was too stressful to use it"

Chris smiled "Magic can be beautiful. I can teach you if you want. Magic isn't as hard to use as it seems"

She smiles back "Thank you for this" She suddenly stiffened

"Who's there?" I guess she noticed the flames avoided me. It created an abnormal spot in the whirlwind of flame.

I slowly turned visible and bowed, following Chris's example "Amora at your service" I pause "Madam" I raise my head "Sorry for the spying but you DID dart my friends" Judy glances at Chris.

He nodded "Yeah I had her hidden until I made sure you were an ally"

Her eyes held an amused look "What makes you so sure I'm an ally?" He had a somber smile "Because you suffered as I did and you aren't filled with uncontrollable rage" He sighs "Anyways how do you do the pledge?"

"Want it the short or long way?"

"Quick?" Judy takes a deep breath and grabs Chris. She kisses him then slowly pulls away "There it's done" Chris just sat back down stunned

"Um, what?" Judy smiles and shoots me a sly look "What? are you jealous?" I blush "I don't think either of us expected that so I'll let it slide" I glare at her "This ONE time" Judy smiled

"Are you going to pledge too?"6Yuri warning if you are a prude and can't handle girls kissing
I didn't dare back down so I marched over to her. I didn't hear her say "Wait it was a joke!" I didn't stop and kissed her. I expect to feel revolted but it was surprisingly addictive. I forced myself away after I realized Judy didn't pull away. I stared at Judy's confused face.

Chris sent me a text

"What just happened?"-SmolPanda

"I-I don't know"-Neko_lover

"Lets just not talk about this"-Neko_lover

"Are you gay?"-SmolPanda

I see him shoot me a worried look and I shrugged back. A status screen suddenly filled my view, saying that I became a Rebel and it also gave me a title [Otherworlder] I looked to Chris "You got a title?" He nodded "Yeah but I got two" Chris showed his screen to me. It had [Teacher] too. It had some great buffs too, all [Otherworlder] did was give some stat boosts. They aren't bad but they paled in comparison to [Teacher]

"Yep, It allows me to understand and speak to anyone who I teach. Plus I get a whopping 100% student learning boost" He frowns "I didn't really teach tho" His eyes light up "This is ridiculously OP" I stare at him and before I can say anything another window pops up

Would you like to become a student of [Chris]?

Yes/No?

I press yes, it then was replaced with a list of locked skills "What is this Chris?"

"I think I can lend my skills"

"Why is it all locked then?"

"probably cus you don't comprehend to mysteries of mana" I speak in my most clueless tone "Can you teach me?" Chris laughed

"I COULD but magic skills require you to stand still so a rogue won't get any value up of it" He paused "Can you use skills in stealth?"

"Yeah we get a passive for that late-game"

"Well nevermind I'll teach you some shadow magic that suits you"

"Thanks" He smiles back

A text from Taylor ruins the moment

"Might what to get over here"-Gamer_bot The bitterness of him interrupting vanished at the prospect of Taylor in danger

"Where?"-SmolPanda

"Didn't move much"-Gamer-bot

Chris glanced at Judy who was still dazed "Well we gotta go, Taylor, is in trouble" Judy snapped to focus

"Go!"

Pretty long right? One of the reasons it took a while was that its twice as long. The other was that I convinced my dad (my real one not a sugar daddy) to buy me a game and a was playing that the whole day(Its haven by the way) Plus I said Wednesday. A tiny bit late but I got it out the next one will be short BUT will be quickly followed by a smut chap since one guy said he wanted it separate it will be very clear it is one too. Hopefully, I will post on Friday but I *SIGH* have to be social and go to my family's Christmas gathering I love them but no one is my age is planned to come so I think I'll just type the next chap up. I'll type both chaps so they will be posted together since the story chap is like one page. Anyways have a nice Christmas or whatever you celebrate.

0