Chapter 3: Too Early
549 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

#Unedited

“Wha-!!”
“Where is this?!”
“Where are we?!!”
“This is-!!”

Amidst all the shock and scared people of the group, there was me who was in a much greater turmoil than the rest of them.

Yep, this is it. The Oh, so legendary other world summoning, and the reason I’m in so much shock is that this development is absolutely too fast.

Come on, has the game, [Grimoire Knights], finally got bugged up?
Shelton and us are only fourteen years old, you know? F*ck*ng 14 years old.
Isn’t the summon supposed to happen two years from now? It’s no big deal for the overly grown Shelton and Enri, but I’m just your normal middle school girl, you know?

Oh wait, wasn’t the original Serika supposed to die about two months after the summoning?
Does that mean ‘I’ have a death flag two months from now?
Oh my goodness, I think I’m gonna faint.

At this rate, all my preparations so far are going to be wasted. The things I prepared in order to avoid the death flag like going to a dojo, changing Shelton, and so on, are all still incomplete yet.

Even worse, there are extras who got summoned with us. With the exception of Chizu-senpai who coincidentally passed by, why does the other two have to be the ones I hate the most?

“Enri~ Where is this? I’m scared.” Kana

“Shelton-kun, I think I hurt my ankle.”Mina

*sigh* They are no one but the Yamada sisters.

How did this happen? Now let’s go back to three hours ago.

Three hours ago

After the match was over, Enri, who started hugging me, got pulled away by the club members who then lifted him up while shouting ‘Hoorah!!’ and went away to the coach, leaving only Shelton and me standing there. There was a brief silence, then I decided to break it with the thing on my mind.

“Why didn’t you shoot just then?” Well, better ask now when Enri is not here.

“What? I was blocked, and Enri was in a better position to than me.”

“Really?” I eyed him suspiciously.

“Yes. Anyways, Enri is very excited this time, and he said he want to go to eat together after this.” Hmm, this smile again.

“Really? Are you going too? I thought you wanted to rest?”

“Hmm, this is also resting for me though.”

“Hey, Shelton! Come here!” Ah, he got called again.

“Crap, coming! Serika, can you wait for us at the back of the building? We’ll be there in about an hour or two.”

“okay, I also plan to go to the library.”

“Okay, then see you.”

“Shel… “ I quietly murmured.

“Sometimes... you don’t have to be so considerate.” Just as he was about to turn his back, I whispered and without checking if he’d heard or not, I turned my back and walked away to the library.

Well, I’m sure he did. He stopped a bit after all.

I’m sure he passed the ball to Enri on purpose. Enri is, how you say it, more competitive than he seems since he was little. He would have become a completely self-centered prideful boy if not for my hard work and the incident from five years ago. *sigh* The trait is still there even if he doesn’t show it as much, and Shelton, who knows that, has often refrained himself, but I’m totally different. I can’t tolerate it as he is my important family in this life so I want him to grow up well. The same goes for Shelton too. I want my best friend to live well without any restraints or any complex or the like. Well, this is just my thoughts as an almost thirty plus years old woman though.

One and a half hour ago

Ah, it’s already almost 7. The library should already be closing right about now. I got carried away reading the book about medical plants. Why I am reading this you ask?

This is part of my preparations for when we get summoned to Edea. Though the name might be different, I found out that the appearance and property are the same as on Edea. This way I can freely use them well to make potions, and be an Alchemist. Yep, I want to be an alchemist. In the original story Serika had water attribute magic which was deemed as useless with only a bit of offense power and heal, so I’m planning on surviving as an alchemist there.

Oh, I got carried away again. I better text Enri to wait for me a bit as I still have to return a book to Chizu-senpai.

‘Wait for me. I’ll be there after 20 minutes’ sent.

I already called Chizu-senpai a while ago, she said to meet behind the main building, exactly where Enri and Shuu will be waiting at.

“Hey! Serika!” Just when I exited the library with the borrowed herbal book in hand, I got called out by a girl’s voice.

Hmm, those two girls again. What are they up to now? Calling me, I’m busy you know? Well, let’s just ignore them.

“Hey! I’m calling you, Kurozawa Serika!!” The girls, Kana and Mina ran out of patience and walked to stand in my way. *sigh*

“You have any business with me?” I kinda have a bad feeling about this.

“Well, we do, duh? That’s why we called out to you.” This Mina… She acts like a good tempered kitten in front of boys and the others, her real temper is three words… Rude as f**k!

“Hmm, actually we do have something to talk to you about.” This Kana is better, but still she is definitely a cunning fox.

“Can you follow us to the back of the building for a bit?” Here it is, the cliche go-and-get-bullied scenario. I really don’t want to go but I am supposed to go there anyway, so….I guess let’s just play along. I do have confidence that I can get out of most situations unscathed.

With Kana and Mina leading the way, we got to our destination in no time. Seems like Chizu-senpai isn’t here yet. That’s also good as I don’t want her to get involved.

“So, what is it?” It is probably about that same old ‘Shelton and Enri’ business again.

“Just we got tired of enduring your acts.” Oh? My act? Which? 

“Just transfer from here already, you b*tch.” Really an insect-full mouth you got there, Mina.

“Why?” I guess I really have high resistance against such foul words after hearing the same things again and again, as I don’t even get angry at them anymore.

“Why? Because you are gross, a nuisance in everyone’s eye here. Always acting all sweet in front of Shelton and Enri just because they consider you as family.” Oh, finally our Kana has revealed her tails.

“Get it yet? Gross Serika?” Mina, you know, you sound just like a lackey just then. Really, I wonder how I even fell for your friend-act back then. Perhaps I really was blind at that time.

“*sigh*....First, I will not transfer from here. Second, I’m not considered as family by those two… I am their family.”

“What- you bi-” Just as Mina was going to pounce on me with her palm, she got stopped by Kana.

What is even more surprising was that the slap that was aiming for my face landed on Kana’s face instead. Is this Kana perhaps an M? To think she would willingly slap her own face, albeit, indirectly.

“AAh!” Wait, wait, what are you shouting for? Isn’t that your own work?

“Eh?! Kana? What are you doing?” Even Mina is shocked to have her slap land on the wrong person.

“I’m sorry *sob* I’m *sob*sorry… Even though I know you don’t like me, I love *sob* Enri so please let me stay by his side.” Eeh!? What is this 180-degree turn in attitude? Umm, wait, you lost me there, Kana, what language are you speaking in? How come I don’t get what you are talking about at all?

“That’s…right. You are his sister, but why are you so cruel? To think you would tell Kana to quit school because you want them to break up?” At first, Mina seem to be taken aback by Kana’s attitude but soon she played along.

Uh huh, I get it… They are standing opposite of me so they definitely see who is coming while I can’t. I don’t even have to turn around to know that Shelton and Enri are walking towards here.

“Sorry, I don’t get what you two are saying. Don’t find me for something pathetic like this.” Giving them an apathetic look, I said and turn around to walk away. The best way to deal with a drama scheme like this is to ignore it completely.

“I’m sorry, I won’t call you out again. Please don’t stop me from loving Enri.” Urgh, the drama is still ongoing?

“What is going on here?” and so with great timing, the main heroes made their appearances. I would have pulled out a popcorn and watch this like a drama if I wasn’t the villain involved in this.

“Serika?... Kana?” D*mn, Chizu-senpai is also here. She just has to come at such timing huh.

“Kana? What’s wrong?” Enri asked when seeing Kana cry.

“*sob* it’s nothing. *sob*”

“What do you mean nothing, Kana? Serika slapped you!!” Mina looks so happy following up on her cousin. *sigh*

“Wait, here use this handkerchief to wipe your face.” Shelton stated with his usual sweet voice, and handed Kana a handkerchief.

“Serika slapped Kana?” Chizu-senpai mumbled in a small voice as if confused about the situation.

“She was-”

*Rumble* *Rumble*

Just as Mina was spitting out non-existent details of the situation, the ground started to rumble strangely.

*Flash*

With a flash, a giant circle-like drawing appeared on the ground where we were all standing on.

Wait a minute!!!

I know this scene!

More like I’m too familiar with this circle.

Isn’t this the summoning circle that is supposed to appear two years in the future?

*Vroom*

The intricate lines and pictures on the two-overlapping magic circles started to rotate and spin around. In just a blink of an eye, we were floating from the ground.

““Serika/hold on!!”” Both Shelton and Enri shouted at the same time and reached out to grab my hand.

*P’swish*

Unfortunately, just as they were about to reach, the magic circle let out an extreme sucking force and with a strange feeling as if my mind is being ripped apart, I lost consciousness.

*Back to present time*

This is really such an absurd situation here.

We are currently standing on a not so high platform which looks more like an altar with two stairways and decorated by two strange looking statues similar to those of the Greek’s gods. The walls below the altar are pure white with intricate circle drawings and towering pillars.

“Oooh!! The summon was a success!”

Just as our eyes was getting used to the scene around us. In surprise, we heard the voice of a man in a knight getup. Wait isn’t that a real knight?

“Is that so? What a relief!” Just then the high voice of a girl was heard.

“Finally, We have succeeded at our third try!” Another voice of a girl was heard.

“It is all thanks to everyone’s effort. Really, I’m so grateful.” Yet another seemingly gentle and charming voice that can pull at one’s heartstring.

Although the language used doesn’t seem to be the one we are familiar with, somehow we can understand it and even the tone of voice is properly conveyed. Of course, this is definitely due to the cliche translator function exclusive to the summoned that made us able to instantly understand the language.

Anyway, when we turned to look,behind a big middle-aged looking veteran knight whose voice was the first one we heard, there were two incredibly beautiful girls wearing long baggy robes, and next to them was a princess-like girl wearing beautiful snow white dress plus a maid standing a little bit behind. The first who spoke was a red shoulder length haired girl, one could not help but look twice at her almost ‘cool’ features with her tall stature. Coupled with her amethyst eyes, she was without a doubt a cute boyish type. If memory serves me right, she should be Bertalia Kroh, a senior magician of the fire attribute.

Next to her stood a bobbed haired cutie similar to a small animal and with lavender colored hair and big caramel colored eyes, her whole look exudes a gentle and clumsy kind of feel. Without a doubt, she is Prisella Mcgarden, the daughter of the prime minister of this country, and also a senior magician of the twin attribute of earth and wood.

Why do I know them so well?

How can I even forget them? They are the first capturable characters to choose from in the game <Grimoire Knights>. Isn’t beautiful girls appearing, calling you a hero, and asking you to save the world with capturing hot girls as a by product, the usual cliché theme for galgames? 

“Pardon my lack of courtesy just now. To you who have appeared, welcome to Edea.” The girl or should I say princess bowed for a bit as she turn to us and spread her hands to perform a perfect greeting posture. Her bearing was so graceful that she had all of us captivated for a moment. As expected of a princess, I suppose.

“Please excuse my interruption and speech, but is this not Earth?” The first one of us to regain their senses excluding me, and interrupted the princess was Shelton. He said to excuse his speech but he doesn’t sound even a little bit rude. Uh huh, I forgot this guy’s mother is a member of an English noble family. Really, such gold spoon children should just explode.

When the princess’ line of sight stop on Shelton, her eyes widen and then her face turns slightly pink.

[Without missing a beat, her heartbeat quickens at the sight a charming silver eyed prince. Never before had she seen such a cool and handsome person other than her brothers…. It was love at first sight.] I could almost hear the non-existence voice of a narrator describing the scene occurring before my eyes.

And so this was the start of my heart wrenching adventure in another world while trying to avoid my death flag.

However, I should have known that things were not going as planned since then...

5