Prologue (final part)
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Conquer the world.

By the time Jun woke up, it had already dawned.
 
'Now thats was an annoying dream, I didn't think it was possible to imagine that much nonsense.'
 
"It wasn't a dream, idiot."
 
After hearing a voice behind him, Jun sighed and turned around, the old man was around a campfire eating roast beef alongside the two apprentices.
 
"Before you ask, yes, I can read your thoughts, although I suppose you had already assumed that... whatever, eat, you cannot train with an empty stomach, Kup hunted this animal especially for us."
 
"Hey, hey, when did I say I wouldn't leave after I woke up?"
 
While he complained, the young man who had a bow approached Jun and spoke.
 
"Hello Jun Mark, I am Kup and the girl with the angry face is my friend Xana, we are the apprentices of Mr. Scoa and I hope we can really get along well."
 
His voice carried an optimism that Jun disliked, yet he had been respectful and thus Jun had no reason to be hostile, beyond his usual personality.
 
"Yes, yes, it is a pleasure for you, I understand, leave me alone."
 
"Come on, eat, you can't conquer the world if you don't eat anything."
 
"I never said I would, you old fool."
 
"Hey, respect me, I'm your god, after all."
 
After forcing Jun to eat some of the deer that Kup had hunted, he remembered something that had happened the day before.
"At least answer my question."
 
"What question?"
 
"You know what question."
 
“Well, am I the strongest god? Who knows, I never got into fights with the others, the only thing that i know is that they always seemed  really boring to me."
 
"For someone who doesn't know if he's the strongest, you speak very confidently of your power."
 
"Withouth confidence, you can't beat anyone, right?"
 
"I suppose."
 
When the group finished eating, Xana and Kup went to train and left the old man and Jun alone.
 
The younger one, who had his eyes closed and rested his head on the palm of his right hand, seemed to be seriously thinking about something.
 
After seeing that, Scoa began to speak again.
 
"So, will you do what I asked?"
 
"Why should I?"
 
“I told you the first time I saw you, right? Don't you get bored here? Don't you want to leave? If you want to be the best, listen to me, bring glory back to your race."
 
“Why do you want me to do it? I don't see why you would get involved now if you haven't before, besides, why me? Just send your other apprentices to do it."
 
“I'm asking you for the same reason that you are going to accept and for which I train these two youngsters, I get easily bored and I want to have something that amuses me, besides, you yourself must have realized the difference between the potential of those boys and yours, although all three of you can become gods, there is a substantial difference between your abilities."
 
"I can see that you really are my god if you are only looking for some entertainment... ah... I understand, I'll think about it."
 
That week, something happened that would change Jun's luck and life forever, after spending a week training to maximize the purity of chaos and gravity magic, Scoa decided to gather the three young people to announce the decision of Jun.
 
"Well, you all have been trying very hard these days, it is time  to know how you are going to continue with your mission."
 
"Grandpa, Kup and I do not need the help of that boy, we can take care of the mission you gave us, it is the least we can do for our savior."
 
"Oh, come on, Xana, Jun is stronger than us, we will need him if we want to fulfill Grandpa's mission."
 
"I don't believe that, it is not necessary, however, I will respect his decision, because he gave me everything, but even so, I just wanted to say how I felt."
"Hey, hey, the only one deciding here is me, not this crazy old man."
 
When Jun finished his sentence, Scoa coughed slightly in order to interrupt the conversation.
 
"Let's listen to Jun."
 
After those words from the old man, Jun began his monologue immediately.
 
"Boring."
 
"If I were to describe my life until now, I could only use that word, since I am a genius who lives in the poor little town that is not far away from this forest."
 
"However, something happened and it seems like it can entertain me long enough, at least for now."
 
"In advance I want to ask you to not be a bother for me, the old man's mission will be complicated if you become a burden."
 
"I was hesitant to accept because I didn't think the world was in any way entertaining, however, the old man's story seemed interesting to me, so, why not?"
 
"I will conquer the world and destroy the gods... its not like I have much to do here anyway."
1