Chapter 5 (part 1)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Travelers. (3)

Solving the problem with the beasts wasn't much of a problem, however, as Jun walked back to the village, he seemed kind off annoyed.

Are you seriously like this just because of that girl? I can't believe I made a contract with such a useless existence.

Caxi, who was sleeping on Jun's head and had woken up due to the fidgeting of the young man, expressed his discontent with his attitude.

Shut up, I'm just annoyed by the way she spoke, she reminded me of things that I wanted to forget.

Oh, the hero's old memorys?

Go ahead, make fun of me, but I won't tell you, I don't need to, go back to sleep... beast.

Hey, speak with more respect, I'm not something as low as a beast.

Well, you do look like one.

After those words, Jun stopped talking to Caxi, so the deity decided to go back to sleep.

"Tsk, that Scoa oldsters really did me wrong in my head... and that girl just helped me remember why I hate them."

Without realizing it, Jun had already entered the village and Kup was trying to explain something to him, although without much success.

"Ah, I give up, you'll find out later anyway, it's not something you can just ignore forever."

"Hey you moron, it wouldn't hurt to listen to us, this is something you need to know."

While Kup looked at the ground, exhausted, Xana was still trying to convince Jun to listen to them, seeing this, an old man who was listening in the distance decided to intervere the conversation.

"Young people, why don't you go have some drinks at the bar, once there you can argue more comfortably and relax... and they also accept animals."

Jun looked at the panda in his head and, noticing this as an opportunity, he responded almost immediately.

"Sounds good old man, take us there."

"This way, come."

Without looking back, Jun started to follow the old man.

Behind him, Kup sighed and spoke.

"Let's go then."

"Ugh, fine."

Xana followed them, albeit reluctantly, as she was tired of Jun's attitude.

Travelers. (4)

Once they reached the bar and after a few drinks, Kup had fallen asleep, so Xana decided to take him to the inn to rest, an excuse to get away from Jun.

"We'll leave to the port city Des tomorrow, so don't be late, you idiot."

"Yes, yes, I heard you."

After telling him they were leaving tomorrow, Xana left carrying Kup in her arms.

Caxi was also sleeping after having a great meal.

After everyone left the bar, only Jun, the panda, and the old man who had approached them earlier, who turned out to be the owner, remained.

As if he had been waiting for this to happen, the old man tried to speak with Jun.

"Hey…"

"Don't even try, I'm not interested."

"What is it that makes you not want to listen to others?"

"That's none of your business."

Hearing that, the old man fell silent for a few seconds and closed his eyes as he was thinking of a way to reach Jun.

"So... what will you do if you find someone stronger that will force you to speak?"

The old man didn't know, but he had struck a nerve, a few seconds later he felt a chill.

The young man was staring at him.

"That will not happen again."

"Oh, so it has already happened, well, you shouldn't be so sure, there are a lots of powerful people around here, and, well, the gods, after all."

"My goal is to destroy the gods, I cannot be afraid of anything, there are only two existences that are stronger than me and, sooner or later, I will also beat them."

As he spoke, it could be noticed that Jun's voice was trembling, as if he doubted his owns words and although this trembling was minimal it did not prevent the old man from noticing.

"You say that but you are fidgeting,  what happened when you left to take care of the beasts?"

The old man seemed to know that something out of the ordinary had happened.

And, although upset because of having carry on with the conversation, Jun explained what happened when he went to complete the task that the inn's owner gave him.

0