Chapter 7
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The beasts.

Caxi stayed out of the fight, he was resting in the shade of a tree.

Shi looked at him and communicated mentally.

I thought you were going to defend him.

There was no need, he has to learn not to be reckless.

Did you really make a contract with him? He really seems like a fool one.

He is, but don't be too hasty, he will become a god… even if it bothers me to admit it.

A god, huh...

After exchanging mental words with Caxi, the girl looked up at the sky and then remained still, as if she was thinking of something.

…I doubt it.

She looked at the knocked out young man, sighed, and formed a magic circle under her to use teleportation magic.

-

After a few hours, Jun woke up at the top of the small hill where he fought with Shi.

"Agh, my head hurts."

Near him there was a small red panda sleeping under a tree.

"Well, thanks for nothing, beast."

After getting up, Jun decided to head towards the center of the forest, where the girl had mentioned that there were corruptions.

As he walked, Jun noticed that marks appeared on the tree trunks, the further he went into the forest the more marks appeared.

‘This look like claws… but this is not something a beast is capable of… that fly was telling the truth.’

Reaching the center of the forest, Jun found a hole in the ground and, deep down, dark energy.

Jun was on guard and decided to investigate while holding Waiteus.

Corruption is a degeneration of Life, that's the energy you feel down there.

A voice in his mind stopped him at the last moment, Jun made an irritated face and looked at the red panda that was approaching him.

There's nothing in there anyway, that girl took care of the problem moments before we got to town.

Images of what happened with Shi flashed through Jun's mind, causing his headache to return.

Besides the fight, he also remembered something the girl had said.

"A nest of corruptions, huh."

He had never seen corruption in person, nothing funny like that ever happened in the Scoa village.

The Rifts of Life were almost exclusive to the territory of the Réptaros and Humu, however, there are some exceptions.

After hearing that, the young man decided to go down in the hole that he had found to inspect the nest.

 

The beasts. (2)

While coming down, Jun felt a malicious force getting closer and closer.

Once he was deep enough, he managed to see the source of that energy.

A five meters long corpse in full decomposition laying deep within that place, expelling corrupted energy.

Seeing the corpse, Caxi spoke.

By the state of it's body, this beast must have consumed some corrupted fruit and the poison turned it into something monstrous.

As Caxi spoke, Jun was holding his nose due to the foul smell of the decomposing body.

That girl must have told you to leave so you wouldn't find the body, it can be dangerous if that energy were to reach you.

Jun took those words as if Caxi were underestimating him and that was something that he wasn't goint to bear.

I just have to absorb it, right? Something was mentioned in the town books about the assimilation of corruption to increase power.

That's one way, we could also, I don't know, destroy the corpse and leave.

Oh come on, and spoil all the fun? I don't think so.

Do whatever you want, you are stupid, can't help that.

Oh, shut up, I'm a genius and this is nothing.

Jun approached the corpse, which was unrecognizable due to the actions of corruption and the advance of decomposition.

"It seems that the wild beasts escaped from the forest because this... 'thing' threatened them, with the corruption consumed there should be no more problems."

He infused Waiteus with his chaos magic and used arkimum to bring her close to the corpse and cut it open.

"Oh, that's a new one."

As he sliced ​​through the aura emanating from her body, Waiteus seemed to absorb it, as if it was devouring it all.

Rather, it wasn't Waiteus who was absorbing the corruption, it was Jun's chaos magic.

This is your doing, right?

Jun took a look at Caxi.

I just released your magic's potential when we made the contract, this is the true nature of chaos... devouring everything.

Ok then, I like it.

A smile formed on Jun's face.

After a few moments, the young man felt full of corrupted energy that ended up fusing with his magic.

After this, Jun felt fresher than ever and with the problem of the beasts already solved, he decided to return to the town.

0