Chapter 3: Almost A Matter of Time
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So that's all the documents signed in" Lorence exclaimed.

"Then, I'm prepared to be the teacher of your son" Aurelia said smiling, glancing towards me.

"I'm happy to learn magic" I said with enthusiasm.

"Good, good, let's do this....can we borrow the front yard?" Aurelia asked politely

"Sure thing" Naty clasped her hands.

As we left the room...

"Well I'm off to leave now honey, keep watch while I'm gone" Lorence, the father exclaimed.

"Yes, I'll keep a watch on those two, who knows what trouble they could cause" Naty, the mother whispered to his ear.


"So, where would you like to start first, Akichi?" Aurelia asked.

"I don't know much about magic, so why don't you start first" I said.

"Well, I guess we can start by testing your affinity first then, although its probably gonna be related to your father and mothers surely" Aurelia said.

"Um...wind and water magic right?" I asked.

"Of course, what else could I mean" Aurelia said while proceeding to take out a crystal orb.

"Is that..some kind of detector?" 

"It's sort of like that, it helps in analzying the affinities you are compatible with, its pretty expensive but luckily for you I'm no ordinary teacher in this country" Aurelia said smiling.

"Wow, that's great" I exclaimed.

That makes it even better.

"Hm? Did you say something?" Aurelia asked.

"Um, no it's nothing, its just about the weather" I mumbled.

"Ah I see, you are worried it might rain and ruin the crystal orb I'm holding, how thoughful, but don't worry its completely resistant to natural elements like that"

Aurelia then took out the whole orb and it looked similar to what you'd see on fortune teller shops but the bottom of it had different types of gems.

"Alright, Akichi come here"

I walked towards Aurelia and we were practically close to each other in arm's length, her hair smells like the shampoo that I use, although that's obvious since she took a quick shower after her long journey.

"Akichi, did you hear me?"

"Oh sorry"

"It's fine, your fascinated by the orb again right?"

Actually I'm fascinated towards you...but I can't say that

"So Akichi all you have to do is place your right hand on the orb, it will then give a color which will tell what your affinity is, I'll tell you what it is of course"

Oh that's all? That's simple then...oh wait, this could be my chance.

"Um Ms. Aurelia, can I ask a favor"

"What is it?"

"I'm too scared to place my hand over the orb, I want you to hold my hand so that I can have the courage to place it"

"Awww~ that's so cute, okay then"

Aurelia quickly grabbed my left hand.

WOHOO SUCCESS, now I just need to stall for 30 seconds.

I feintly try to place my right hand but quickly retract it back, getting Aurelia's worried expression.

8 seconds

I then clenched our hands even harder then faked a confident gaze, slowly stretching my right hand.

19 seconds.

I quickly retract it back.

"I'm sorry, I can't do it" I mumbled.

"No, it's okay, just take all the time you need" Aurelia said.

24 seconds

"I can't let my parents down so!"

28 seconds

"I must do it!" I yelled loudly.

30 seconds

I placed my hand on the orb and nothing happened.

"Hm?" I fell into a daze questioning and looked at Aurelia's expression.

Aurelia's eyes were emotionless, no...to be more specific her gaze was voidless, until she snapped back making her eyes colorful again.

"So Ms. Aurelia what affinity am I close to?" I asked.

"Sorry, Akichi I'll have to talk with your mother first"

Aurelia left me at the front yard all alone, meanwhile my eyes darted towards her right hand and slowly a yellow mark started to shine on her hand.

"How strange...but no matter, I left the yellow mark on her, only 2 more marks to go" I mumbled to myself.

Filled with curiosity I crept towards the house so I can hear what they are saying.

"What, Akichi has no affinity?" Naty said horrified.

So I can't use magic?

"Yes, Ms.Naty, your son has no affinity, although its strange..."

"What is more strange than my son having no affinity?"

"Normally people with no affinity would have no mana, but your son still has mana, there still may be hope although  its a slim chance...should I tell your son?" Aurelia said pondering

I still have mana... it's probably for my special skill then, it sucks that I can't use magic though.

"....." Naty went quiet.

It was an awkward silence, I couldn't stand it anymore so I entered the house.

"I heard everything" I said.

Both of them gave a pitiful gaze towards me, my mother crying towards herself and my teacher approaching me preparing to console me.

"I'm fine, I get it...I can't use magic"

"Akichi..." Naty said.

"That's okay, I can do swordsmanship, maybe art or just help with household chores" I said with a smile.

"Akichi" my mother hugged me and the tears just started flowing out.

What is this...maybe I really was that upset..I can feel the warmth of this person who cares about me, I'll promise I'll protect her in the future.


"Aurelia, I'm going to take Akichi towards his room, you can rest up in the guest room" Naty said.

"Aurelia? Um, Of course Ms.Naty I will-"

"Please, call me Naty, just Naty" Naty said smiling.

"Naty" Aurelia said blushing.

As the mother and son went back to their rooms, Aurelia went into her room to take a rest, she took her time reading, adding in her checklist to check information about "people who lacked affinity". She then closed her book and proceeded to sleep.

There a small silhoette was walking in the hallways approaching Aurelia's room, it was Akichi and he was going to continue with his plan.

Aurelia I will see through this till the end.

Akichi placed his right hand on Aurelia's forehead leaving a green mark.

Akichi left the room quietly breathing with ease.

Now all that's left is the bodily fluids, and that's simple all I need is tears, saliva or sweat, where did Ms. Aurelia place her old clothes?

But as I came to check on the laundry it seems that I was mistaken, her clothes were nowhere to be found, was it hidden somewhere? She must have some kind of storage device to place her items, it is a fantasy world after all.

Akichi went back to her room, although its risky, the sooner he gets it done the better for his heart, he won't be willing to possess her if he has feelings towards her after all.

"Then there's only one thing I can do...."

I placed my lips towars hers and did a deepthroat kiss, Aurelia was still in a daze unaware of what was going on. I continued to let my tongue loose in her mouth ravishing her.

Aurelia's eyes widened realizing her situation, her movements were quick and precise she quickly separated me and she quickly took a stance and raised her hand preparing to blast me with her magic.

"W-wha, Akichi?" Aurelia looked at me with a daze.

"I'm sorry Ms. Aurelia did I do something wrong?" I feint an innocent gaze.

"Y-you, did you just kiss me?" Aurelia's face went red.

I nodded.

"Who taught you that, did your father..." Aurelia sat back on her bed putting down her stance which previously was preparing to blast me with magic.

"When I looked at Ms. Aurelia, I just felt like I wanted to kiss you so..." I said with a flushed face and quickly ran out of the room.

"Akichi..." Aurelia mumbled to herself in a daze.

 


"Okay, now that I'm done with all the marks, I can finally activate Market Target [Level 0]"

I took a peek back at her room and Aurelia was still in a daze, I looked at her for 3 seconds and then a purple mark appeared on the right cheek of her face, removing all other previous marks.

Now if you ask me where the red mark was previously located, I think it was probably on her tongue its the most likely result.

I quickly went back to my room and imagined Aurelia's face preparing to possess her however.

[Insufficient mana]

Hm? 
"Status"

The status didn't display the amount of mana I had directly, it was actually hidden in the additional details portion so I quickly clicked there.

I looked directly at the amount of mana I had and it was.

[Mana: 25/100]

How strange, I didn't know when I used my mana but it seems I can't use Possession unless I have a certain amount of mana.

"Well, nothing I can do about it"

I proceeded to sleep, whilst being completely absent minded of what Ms. Aurelia was feeling that night.

 

0