Dungeon arc Part 1
42 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A couple hours later I wake up and regret sleeping on solid rock. I decide to check out this cave since it seems to stretch on forever. Plus it would be safer to see if anything is living in here. After a few minutes, the only thing I achieved was sore feet. Which gave me a skill, they're small steps but it's better than nothing.

Weak pain resist [2]

I headed back to see if I could make some sort of light source. I find a decent-sized stick, I figured I could use my clothes to make a torch. Then I realized the state of my clothes or lack thereof. I had only a thin T-shirt and shorts. I hesitated but thought

'Who the fuck is gonna see me?'

But I settled on ripping a thin strip along the bottom. I gotta look somewhat civilized if someone finds me... Hopefully. 

Dismantling [2]

Scavenging [1]

Then I realize another problem 'How do you make a fire?' I can't exactly ask Google. I vaguely remember that you could rub some sticks together. But that is ineffective and would use too much of my energy.

But I again realized that I had no other option. So I used my Mana sight to find the suitable twigs and got to work. After a bit of fruitless work I facepalmed. I have fucking magic, well not really but if I can manipulate Mana. Then maybe heat counts too, I settle down to see if my idea works.

It does! Heat is a type of Mana, I focus on the small dot of Mana and urge it to grow. Slowly but surely the dot grows into a golf ball. At this point, the twig caught on fire and I scramble to light the poorly-made torch. I moved too fast and the flame sputtered out. I sigh and set back to work.

I succeed faster this time and successfully lit my torch...again. I sighed when I noticed yet another blocked skill, I can't even be a mage.

Mana control [3]

Fire magic [Blocked]

God just why? Magic is so cool yet I can't even use it.

Anyways the torch is burning fast, so I gather a couple more sticks as a backup. Who knows how deep this cave can go.

Thanks to the light I can see that this cave is quite spacious. A couple minutes later the corridor splits into three separate paths. The weird thing  is while they all looked roughly the same. The mana from each one was different.

The left had a breeze wafting from it, the Middle a more earthy tone, and lastly, the right one was normal so I choose that one. Seemed like the safest. Since my Danger sense triggered from the others.

It was not.

Almost immediately after, Neutral Slimes started oozing out from the walls. I couldn't even sense them. I naturally being caught off guard tripped backward and fell.

Slime sensing I was in danger, jumped out from my shirt and stretched to block them off, allowing me to retreat. It moved with me, Thankfully the slimes didn't move past the tunnel's entrance. Honestly got a little worried there.

But their inability to move past there gave me an idea, I can just kill them from here and use Slime as bait if they lose interest.

Huh speaking of slimes I wonder how many I can tame. A brief image of an army of slimes flashed through my head. But I quickly wave that thought away. Since I would probably just get assassinated and I kinda want to live this time around.

They all look the same so I try it on the first one I see.

Taming invalid

Level insufficient

Oh welp, I am still only level two, so guess it's time to farm.

I can't do anything to make this more efficient. Like some sort of blockade to funnel them in since they'd probably just melt it. So let's not waste any effort attempting to do that.

Picking the most sturdy stick I brought with me and approached the slimes. Kinda creepy how they just sit there motionless.

Right as I step past the entry all the slimes surged forward. I quickly formulate a strategy: Analyze to level the skill and swing the stick like my life depends on it, ah well it kinda does.

Hitting a slime with a blunt weapon is WAY harder than it would seem. After three swings my hands were throbbing in pain.

Weak Pain Resist [3]

And that wasn't enough to kill one but the fourth hit was it. After that the rest was hellish as all grinding should be. thankfully I only needed four more kills to level.

Lv2 --> Lv3
Health: 2--> 3
Mana: 5--> 10
You have (1) skill point(s)

I make sure to keep a safe distance from my new grinding spot and see what my potential skills are 

Weak heal[1]
Mana shield[1]
Healing manipulation[1]

It is really pushing the healing but I don't need it now since I'm one-shot anyways. While a shield would be nice, Slime is a fine shield for now. So that leaves me with

Confirm?

Healing manipulation[1]

[Let's you adjust what gets healed and how much]

Cost: Skill used

Yes/No

I immediately picked yes. It especially is a multi-heal, now I just a heal skill. 

I got another perk from Analyze [5] which showed weak points. It turns out slimes have a core. The only reason I didn't notice it before was, that the core isn't solid and thus blends in but now I can track it. This discovery turned four hits into two and one if I get a lucky shot.

And just like that, I got another level.

Weak heal[1]
Holy affinity[1]
Health regeneration[1]

I don't plan to center my healing around a god so that's a no for holy magics(you know how fickle they are?) as I was about to pick the Weak heal [1]. A brilliant idea popped into my head. Using Healing manipulation[1] I can use Health regen and that should work.

Confirm?

Health regeneration[1]

[Converts Caster's Mana into Health]

Cost: 1 Mana for 2 Health for every second

Yes/No? 

Assuming the wording of the description I can use it on others, so I got it. I also viewed my Status.

Name: Healer
Race: Hooman 
Title: Coward, Otherworlder
Exp: 0/40
Level: 4
Health: 4
Mana: 15
Skills: Running [6], Commands [5], Matter manipulation [5], Analyze [5], Mana sense [4], Weak pain resistance [3], Mana control [3], Weak heat resist [2], Dismantling [2], Stealth [1], Danger sense [1], Resting [1], Throwing[1], Scavenging [1]
Level up skills: Taming [2], Healing manipulation[1], Health regeneration[1]

Now it's time for Slime to shine or wobble menacingly(I dunno). Also, it seems like the slimes are never-ending and I killed about 20. Yet they are still coming out of the walls, replacing the ones I kill.

But on the other hand, that means they have some sort of respawning feature that is a part of a dungeon or slimes reproduced here and this cave is so old that, there is an abundance of them just chilling here.

Either way, I can farm for a while hoping I get a certain skill.

But let's forget that right now and focus on a more important goal. There is no WAY I sleep on solid rock again, that shit hurts trust me. Also, I realize I've been an idiot and forgot about my inventory and was just carrying around these sticks.

So I toss my sticks in...together and it works. Thank God wait no fuck him until I see cute girls, there is no point in being here.

A short walk later a starry night greets me. Jeez despite almost dying numerous times, just this sight almost makes up for it.

A growl interrupted my thoughts. Nothing besides Slime, Me, and the trees pop up. So I just look around confused.

Then I embarrassingly realize it's been quite a while since I last ate and that growl was probably my empty stomach.

Time to see if Slime has more useful memories, it does! It's steadily getting easier to understand its mind. So I notice my spots were food is.

Along the way, I gather anything even a bit of value, twigs, and leaves mostly. Every now and then I see mushrooms, a couple is poisonous... I feed them to Slime. It had no Hp loss so all good in the end right?

I finally reached another one of those rainbow berry-bushes. I know this is another world but hello? Natural selection? seriously it has no form of camouflage. If anything it wants to be eaten.

Well, I'm not complaining. An easy delicious snack and it's confirmed safe from Analyze.

You know what I can probably sell these things. They're basically candy but the healthy kind.

*sigh* never thought I would say candy was healthy.

Time for a quick test. Remember the second torch I made? Just before it burnt out I lit another and stuck it into my inventory. The torch lasted a decent couple of hours. So I'll keep using that, anyways when I took the torch out.

A bright flash of light blinded me for a sec. When I recovered I saw that it was still burning, but there was only about half of it left. That would mean that there is at least a time reduction on my inventory. The flash must have been light that was slowed and taking the torch out accelerated it2Since time is slowed but still progressing the light got trapped in that space. Make sense?

It's not a total time stop but it still is convenient nonetheless.

Also another weird thing about this forest, It changes a lot. Somehow there are trees I know for a fact don't grow in this weather.

I don't remember if I told you but this place has a nice spring breeze. Kinda undermines how dangerous this place is actually is.

The rest of the walk was uneventful besides Slime slowly turning purple. Guess it's from all the poisonous mushrooms I'm feeding it. Before it was a crystal clear color, by the time I reached the cave again and the suns rose. It was basically a solid purple. I hear the familiar ping of my "System"

Your Tamed creature has evolved
Neutral Slime --> Poison Slime
Learned: Poison resistance[Immunity]3Maxing a skill doesn't mean it is OP it just means that skill has reached its max percentage of effectiveness. Healer will explain it more later,Poison touch [5] Poison Shot [1] 

 

That... is pretty good but I feel like Slime is slowly getting OP. Plus its one step away from sentient thought. Eh, as long as it is on my side I don't care.
 
It looks like Slime got Poison Immunity since its species is made from that element. Makes sense like before I was able to kill slimes with them having physical resistance. So now it should take no damage from poison skills.
 
Slime didn't act any different from before so I moved on.
 
Along the way, I found out that so long as I am touching it the item goes into my inventory. So I have mounds of dirt sitting in there. On the plus side, nothing I do seems permanent I uprooted several trees yet when I backtracked the same way. The trees changed.
 
If only I had an Alchemy skill I could theoretically have infinite of anything but that's just wishful thinking.
 
Nothing change at the cave, slimes are boring creatures and they kinda creeped me out just them so I made a makeshift door(Just a tree).
 
I didn't want to test if I were to test putting rocks from this cave. Either it is stored separately or I take the whole cave. Which later on will be convenient if true. But I need shelter right now so let's not do that.
 
Another OP thing about my inventory is I can separate items into parts, so my bed is 100% pure dry dirt. I would rather have a bed but beggars
can't be choosers. I'm not one of those stuck-up people that require the most royal of beds to live. A bit of dirt never hurt anyone, Well normal dirt can't say anything about Earth magic.
 
I thankfully don't have dreams about Earth.
 
-Sometime later after grinding-
 
*Sigh*
 
This reminds me of the hours of grinding I did in games, though this grinding actually has benefits and can/will save me one day.
 
An endless time later I level up

Weak heal [1] 
Area buffs [1]
Flight [1]

To be able to fly is quite tempting, Area buffs are more fit for my play style. More like I forced to play this way, stay in the back and heal. Which is what healers do anyways. It would be different if I had offensive magic but I don't...

I just imagine me yelling "Explosion!" like a weeb. Well, I can't change what class I am.

Confirm?
Area buffs [1]

Set various buffs in a set area 

Cost: Dependent on how strong buff

Yes/No?

 

Yeah, that's sightly OP, such a versatile skill. Plus this is even better than what I wanted.
 
Now it's time to see what's behind all these slimes. So I had Slime cover me, I cast my Hp regen skill and two weak buffs for defense and Hp. There you have it an OP shield for an enemy that does Dot4Damage over time
 
The slimes tried to dissolve us but with the combined heals Slime never dropped more than half.
Being fully covered like this feels less weird than I thought it would be. But with a tiny bit of help from me and it just feels like a tight-fitting suit, purple edition.
 
I think the mind read works both ways since it seems like Slime noticed what I was thinking and formed it to look like a typical butler outfit5In my head it looks like the one Subaru wears from re: zero but it doesn't really matter what you see
 
Honestly, it looked kinda cool plus it covered the sorry state of my clothes. You never realize how good you have it until you lose it, namely a washing machine. Huh, that reminds me I haven't drunk any water. Time to abuse my inventory separation mechanic.
 
I should have enough leaves for this. I basically take the water molecules from the plants I got and now I have pure water. I am glad I actually like science6I'm in high school as of 2021 so don't expect me to bust out expert level equations...yet.
 
I notice the slimes stop following us.
 
The cave opens up into a roughly oval shape with a single pedestal near the back. As I approach it I find an orb. Before I even touch it Analyze was used, you can never be too careful.

Item: Slime core
Rarity: Class-specific
Info: Used to evolve Slimes

That's it I'm calling it, this is Slimes story and I'm just a side character. Well, might as well give it to Slime.

It doesn't dissolve instead it merges with the one it already has and... nothing. Literally, nothing changed about it, I got hyped for this?

I thoroughly scour the rest of this place with nothing to show for it.

Hopefully, the other tunnels have something. But I'm tired and I can't risk even that, I have no second lives here

I get a couple of uninterrupted hours of sleep when I get rudely awakened. I say in my most intimidating voice(not really proud of it)

"Whomst has awakened the ancient one?" ah the memes

Then I realize this isn't Earth and no one should be here. I can't see so I use my mana sense.

I relax when I see the familiar color of Slimes mana.

Then I realize it looks like a human and a boyish voice speak straight into my head like telepathy.

"Hello Master"

Oh Fuck Me

Announcement
Lets see if this works

ZHr6Fg1eCzrc1oM_A9j_2mv8VKBLWjS3kbOTfaz1X2asy7h7jeRm09n7cJqfHVnFH1d9Xr9Hevi3bZuUQWg0d02KpPCmxIn2t0G7QgO0DRPyNNrH3x85PXmuOmhsa7MirZVggYub

Yeah I made a fucking map so it's easier for all of us to see my world.

Anyways I'll add more detail later but for where Healer in now its fine. He currently is in the endless forest and will stay there for a chap or two longer. My Random Fantasy Story(MRFS?) is connected to this one and those guys are at the main rebel base. I think I'll let them meet later and that will be a major plot point. But right now they are at opposite sides of the world and will meet at the human kingdom. 

PS:I did some plot building so how they meeting will be a tad weird and will take awhile. The spoiler will lightly explain 

Spoiler

you know how I said this story is connected with my other main one. About that... Healer is actually in a different timeline cus the other party is dealing with kronos right now and Healer has his own war to fight1Literally

[collapse]

Rarity chart: Common>Uncommon>Rare>Unique>Class-specific>God-given

It of course increases in rarity going to the right 

I'm planning to keep this length the norm... well hopefully

 

Uh quick question for the sole waifu
  • Neko Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Doggo Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Any other demi-human(Comment and i'll see if I can do it) Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Human Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Or comment if I didn't list your option Votes: 1 25.0%
Total voters: 4
2