Chapter 13: This Girl Is Evil
264 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days go by as all the attention is on that new girl. I’m a bit relieved to not have everyone’s eyes on me lately. Being the center of attention isn’t exactly fun for me. However, it bothers me. Why give this girl of all people attention? If it were someone else, I’d be fine, but why her? Well, I shouldn’t have to question why the boys would care so much. I used to be one, after all. But… nobody here knows that.

“Christina?” I heard Phil say.

“Huh?” I responded, “Oh, sorry.”

He shoved his notebook over.

“Ah.” I replied.

I completely missed what our teacher said, so Phil let me copy his notes.

“Thanks.” I said.

“Don’t worry about it.” he replied, “I used to help Christopher like this all the time.”

“Yeah… I heard.” I replied.

“Jeez,” he said, “what DON’T you know?”

“Heh.” I responded.

When class was over, I found myself talking to Silver, the very person I had been trying to avoid like my mother had instructed.

“What’s the matter?” she said, “Do ya not like me?”

“What gave you that idea?” I asked.

“Well,” responded Silver, “you seem to be keeping your distance from me.”

“You’re probably imagining it.” I replied.

“So… want to fight?” asked Silver, “I’m sure you’d be a good opponent.”

“Fight?” I said, “What are you talking about?”

“Well, if you don’t use your powers, it’d be a waste, y’know?” answered Silver.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said.

“Well, I guess I’ll let you go.” said Silver, “We can fight some other time.”

After those words, she ran away. Her speed seemed impossible for a human. I mean, she wasn’t human, but still. She was fast. Not long after that, Phil and Katrielle came up to me.

“Did you scare her off?” asked Katrielle.

“No.” I said, “I really wasn’t expecting her to run like that.”

“Hmmmm…” said Phil.

“What?” I said.

“Oh, nothing.” he said.

“Anyways,” I said, “I get the feeling she’s dangerous.”

“Why’s that?” asked Phil.

“Ooh, I think I get it.” said Katrielle, “You’re scared she’s gonna take Phil away from you!”

“N-No!” I said.

“Will you stop joking like that!?” asked Phil.

“Aww, come on.” said Katrielle.

“I’m not interested in her.” said Phil.

I was relieved to hear what he said. When I realized I was relieved, I turned away, feeling a bit embarrassed. In my head, I was hoping it was just because he wasn’t interested in a possibly evil girl like Silver. I hoped that was all it was. Phil cleared his throat.

“A-Anyways,” he said, “why don’t we go home?”

“Y-Yeah.” I said.

4