Chapter 14: What Have I Been Telling You!?
260 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within a few weeks, Silver had become the most popular girl in school. It was rare to find a student that didn’t like her. I was one of the few who didn’t. She was always making me uncomfortable and asking really weird questions. I knew the whole time that she was talking about alien-related stuff. I denied it, but it was clear that she knew I wasn’t fully human. Because of her, going to school felt way more exhausting than it did previously.

“You guys go on without me.” I told Phil and Katrielle.

“Okay…” responded Phil.

I really just wanted some time to myself after everything that had happened. As I walked through the hallway, I saw Silver and she was by herself. I quickly hid myself behind a wall and peaked around the corner. Silver was heading upstairs. Trying to make as little noise as possible, I followed her. It didn’t take much longer for her to get to the door to the roof. I waited for her to go outside and then went after her and out there, I saw something I wasn’t expecting to see. It looked like she was setting up a bomb.

“W-What are you doing!?” I exclaimed.

“So you were the one following me.” replied Silver, “I guess it doesn’t matter.”

“Why do you have a bomb and how-” I started.

“I didn’t need to bring anything here.” she said, “I just made it.”

“Hey, is everything all right, Christina?” I heard Phil’s voice say, as the door opened behind me.

Phil’s face turned pale when he saw Silver.

“Phil?” said Katrielle, who was behind him, “What’s going on?”

“So, you three want to die together?” asked Silver.

“No!” exclaimed Katrielle, “What are you doing?”

“Well,” said Silver, “I’m gonna blow this school up.”

“Why?” asked Katrielle.

“Because humans are stupid.” she said.

“What are you talking about?” asked Katrielle.

“This.” said Silver, who suddenly had sparks all over her body.

“Stay back, you guys!” I said, running in front of my friends.

“Ch-Christina!” yelled Phil, “What are you doing!?”

“I’m sorry,” I said, “but only I can do this.”

Sparks flew toward us after that and without thinking, I crossed my arms in front of my chest and a shield appeared, reflecting her attack. I could tell that both Katrielle and Phil were shocked, but I couldn’t worry about that. I needed to stop Silver. I ended up running toward her and kicked her in the face. She then made sparks appear in her hands. I responded by creating fire in one hand and ice in the other and firing at her. The two of us kept going back and forth and I soon destroyed her bomb.

“Dammit.” she said.
“Stop it already.” I said.

She had a big smile on her face after that and suddenly, there were bombs all over the place.

“Oh no.” I responded.

“Shit.” I responded.

“Heh,” said Silver, “looks like this is where it will all end.”

I then shot fire at her face and then she started screaming.

“What the hell!?” she yelled, “That wasn’t fair!”

She then punched me and I flew all the way to the other side of the roof. Not long after that, the flames on her body had disappeared. 

“Christina!” yelled Phil.

“S-Stay back…” I said, coughing up blood.

“This is the end.” she said.

“No.” I said.

I wasn’t able to stop her. And now, she was going to destroy the school, and everyone who was still inside. As my eyes began closing, I saw several staff members running up to where we were and all of them couldn’t believe what they saw. My eyes then closed. I was prepared for the worst until my feet started moving. I slowly got myself up after opening my eyes and started walking.

“You’re too late.” said Silver.

I then crossed my arms in front of my chest and focused on the shield. The shield grew bigger and bigger and soon after, I heard an explosion. Everything went black after that.

“Christina!” I heard Phil yelling.

I opened my eyes.

“Phil…” I said, “I’m sorry I…”

“Don’t worry about all that right now.” he said, “Are you okay?”

“I’m… fine.” I said.

“Good.” he said, “I don’t know what I would have done if we had lost you.”

“I really don’t know what the heck happened here.” said Kat, “But we can talk about all that later.”

“What about everyone else that saw?” I asked.

“Well, only a portion of the staff saw and there were very few students here when all that happened,” answered Phil.

“Why don’t we all go home?” suggested Kat.

The walk home was very awkward. The three of us didn’t say a word to each other. It was obvious that Katrielle and Phil both had questions but they weren’t saying anything. When I got home, my mom immediately hugged me.

“I’m fine, Mom.” I said.

“I was so worried after I heard about what happened.” she said.

“Mom,” I said, “am I really going to have to keep fighting like this?”

She let go of me.

“As long as there are others that want to kill you,” my mom said, “you’re going to have to.”

“Damn.” I replied.

4