Wednesday: December 4th
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once again my dreaded alarm went off, letting me know that I had to get up for class. I groaned as I grabbed my phone. I sent a quick text to my mom letting her know that I was alive, sadly. There was on time that I hardly texted anyone all day because I had work, took a nap, and then worked on homework. My mom texted me wondering if I was alive and everyone else texted me to yell at me for making my mom worry. Let's just say I haven't gone a day without texting my mother at least once.

I was making my way to class with my earbuds in. I made sure to avoid crowds when I got to the busy part of campus. As I made my way past people, I swore I caught a glimpse of the cute guy from yesterday. However, when I did a double-take, it wasn't him. It was another guy who didn't even look like the guy. My mind was playing tricks on me and I had no idea why. It wasn't like that guy was my soulmate or anything. He was just another guy who was going to forget all about me. Most of the guys I have met did.

I was sitting in the lecture with my crappy professor. I was trying to pay attention but my brain didn't want to focus on anything. Not the lecture, not my phone, not the giant poster of the periodic table that was hanging on the wall. All it was focused on was the cute guy from yesterday and the chance that I might get to see him tomorrow. I was kind of panicking about it.

I didn't know anything about this guy. I didn't know his name. I didn't know how old he is. I didn't know what he was studying. For all I knew, this guy could have been a total creep or a serial killer or a combination of the two. Yet, here I was, thinking about him, replaying our conversation in my head over and over again. It chose the mystery boy that I wouldn't ever see again to obsess over. Come on brain, we had better things to do. Classes to pass.

After class, I stuck my earbuds in, hoping the Jonas Brothers would calm my brain. However, the thought of seeing the cute guy tomorrow managed to overpower my love for the Jonas Brothers. This was when I knew I was in deep shit.

Hailey: Help! My brain keeps freaking out that I might see the cute guy again.

Sam: Well, have you?

Hailey: No

Mom: Do you want to see him again?

Hailey: I don't know. He could be a serial killer for all I know.

Mom: You don't know that. You barely talked to him.

Sam: Because of that, she should think that. Serial killers are always the least suspected.

Hailey: I'm not taking any chances. I better die by choking on a gummy bear, not by a murderer.

Mom: Why?

Hailey: So people can say I was killed by a bear.

Mom: Why are you like this?

Hailey: I don't know. You're the one that raised me.

Sam: She's got you there.

Once I got to my next lecture, I shoved my phone into my pocket. Just like the lecture before, all I could think about was if I was going to run into the cute boy again tomorrow. If I did, would I make a fool of myself? I mean he probably wouldn't see me, right? I did blend into crowds fairly easily. Then again you had to try really hard to stick out in a crowd here at university. Though the easiest way to do that is to dye your hair a bright, fun color. I don't mean that in a bad way though. Express yourself however you want.

Class after class. Hour after Hour. My brain wouldn't stop. The only time it kinda shut up about the cute boy was when I was in my chemistry lab for three hours. It only shut up in the lab because we were doing our final practical so I needed my whole two brain cells to focus. Otherwise, I didn't think I would have been able to focus on my lab.

Once I got back to the apartment, I went straight to my room to put my stuff away and then I headed straight for the shower. I needed to relax and the best way to do that is to overthink my problems in the hottest shower I could probably take. However, living in an apartment building, the amount of hot water I would get is questionable.

To the people who question why others take long showers, fuck off. Showers were used to have essential arguments, solve all of the world's problems, give live concerts to your thousands of fans, and most importantly, have mental breakdowns when you didn't want to bother other people. I mean I didn't take hour-long showers but they got up to half an hour and possibly longer depending on how warm the water was and how much I didn't want to get out.

After my shower, I was in a pair of the comfiest guy's PJ pants Walmart provided and a hoodie. I went to my room to throw my dirty clothes in my hamper before heading into the kitchen. I saw Alice sitting at the island minding her business

"Hey, I'm making a pizza if you want to split," She said when she saw me. Usually, when she made a frozen pizza we would split it, but sometimes if she has a busy week or I have already eaten, she would save the other half for herself later.

I walked to the fridge and said, "Sounds good." I pulled a can of Mountain Dew out of the fridge and joined her sitting at the island.

"What's bothering you?" She asked when I sat down. I gave her a confused look. "Don't look at me like that. I lived with you for a year and a half. I know something is bothering you."

"It's nothing."

"I don't believe you."

"Don't you have a pizza to get out of the oven?"

"Don't go trying to change the topic on me. You're going to tell me what is wrong."

"Nothing is wrong. My mind keeps bothering me about the cute guy."

"I thought you said that you weren't going to see him again?" She asked as she pulled the pizza from the oven.

"I don't plan on it," I said as I took a drink of my mountain dew.

"Then why is it bothering you?"

"I don't know."

"There is a slim chance you will see him again."

"But what if I do?"

"You probably won't."

"But what if I do?"

She shrugged as she placed the pizza in front of us. We sat there, munching on the pizza, trying to figure out how to solve my nonexistent problem. So far my choices seem to be to talk to him or to avoid him if I ever saw him again. I'm not gonna lie, I was planning on going with the later one if I saw a cute guy again.

0