Friday: December 6th
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the day of Winterfest. I was excited to go to Winterfest because I was going to be too busy having fun with my roomies to worry about anything else. Tonight was going to be about letting loose and just being me. I wasn't going to care about running into the cute guy or about finals. It was going to be me, my roommates, and our crackhead energy until late.

"Who's driving?" Alice asked. We were currently finishing getting ready. I didn't take long because all I was wearing was a baggy hoodie, black leggings, and my iconic converse. They were rainbow tie-dye.

"I can," Layla offered. We all had cars but mine was a piece of crap so I tried not to drive it when the roomies were going out. I felt bad but none of them seem to mind driving. I loved my car but it wasn't very rider-friendly.

Soon we were all piled into Layla's car. We were blaring Christmas music and were singing along. Sadly, the playlist included Michael Buble. I despised him but Ronnie loved him and she was djing so I didn't protest. The drive wasn't long so I could suck up listening to the dreaded Michael Buble.

Once we got to where most of Winterfest was hosted, we went straight for the free food. They always served chili, cornbread, and sugar cookies that you could decorate. Of course, it had a long line because not only is it free to college students but to the public as well. We all know when someone says free food, college students come running.

Once we got our chili and cornbread, we went to pick out our sugar cookies. I picked a snowflake. They had other options like trees, snowmen, and a dove that totally looked like a rubber duck. However, I was wrong, but to this day I'm still convinced it was a duck.

It took us a hot minute to find a table to eat at because they were all filled with people eating, decorating cookies, or just hanging out. Once we grabbed a table, we all dove into our chili. Once we finished eating, we started decorating cookies.

"I think that is supposed to be a duck," I said to Alice who got the dove.

"It is not," She protested. Seriously, whoever cut these cookies made them look like ducks, not doves. "It's supposed to be a Christmas dove."

"If you say so."

"I don't like you."

"I don't like you either."

"Children, knock it off," Ronnie scolded. Soon all of us were laughing. It was nice to be free from my thoughts for a while.

We went to the art market afterward. We all dispersed to see if there were any Christmas presents we could buy here. I found a couple of small things I could buy my sister. Layla and Ronnie were just looking for fun but weren't going to buy anything. Alice took the longest, trying to find a Christmas present for her boyfriend's mom. It didn't help that Layla, Ronnie, and I were all being crackheads while she was trying to pick the perfect present.

After that, we went to the school's art studio to do their free craft. It was making t-shirt ornaments. My three roomies tried to make them nice and Christmasy while I found the most obnoxious fake gems I could find. I needed something to match the obnoxious personality I pretend to have but actually don't. I'm not as obnoxious as I say I am.

When we finished, we tried to do the carriage ride but wasn't guaranteed that we would make it. Instead, we had a little time to kill before ice skating, so we went back to the apartment. We were just hanging out when the girls about us started getting loud. Let's just say I ended up standing on a stool blaring Silent Night Goat Edition. It was an excellent way to shut up noisy neighbors.

We made it to the ice rink a little before ten when the ice skating started. We didn't see as many people as we thought were going to be here. It was weird since the first one hundred people got to skate for free. However, we weren't going to skate until eleven, so we had to chill at the ice rink for an hour. No pun intended.

When it was finally our time, we got our skates from the rental and picked a fairly empty spot to put them on. We still had to wait a few minutes between our skate time and the group before ours so they could Zamboni the ice. However, it didn't take long, and slowly the group we were in made our way onto the ice. Ronnie and Layla practically took off until they realized that Alice and I were struggling to skate without holding onto the wall. Alice, however, could go faster than me, mostly because I lacked confidence.

"Hailey, come on," Layla encouraged. Ronnie was skating with Alice and there like ten feet in front of us.

"You can go skate with them," I said. I didn't want them to feel like they had to skate at my pace. I wanted them to have fun. "I'll be fine as long as I don't leave the wall."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, go have fun," I said. I would have pushed her, but I didn't want to let go of the wall. Layla skated off to Ronnie and Alice.

After like ten minutes, I managed to make one lap around the ice rink. I was honestly impressed that I didn't fall. However, that didn't last long because I managed to crash into a couple when I attempted to go faster. This caused me to fall on top of the guy. He fell onto the ice while his date just stumbled a little bit.

"I'm so sorry. I am such a klutz," I said as I hid my face.

"It's okay. I have been hit a lot harder than that before," The guy said. Wait, I knew that voice. No, it couldn't. I looked at the guy who was now standing. It was the cute guy. "Wait I know you. You are the girl that I ran into earlier this week. Funny how we literally keep running into one another."

"Is the universe playing some kind of cruel joke on me?"

"I don't know, but I'm Ethan by the way," He said as he offered me his hand to help me up. I was trying to figure out how I managed to knock him down. "I figured we should at least know each other's names since we keep running into one another."

"Hailey," I said.

"Do you want to go out sometime?"

I looked at the girl who was currently glaring at me before saying, "Should you really be asking that while you are currently on a date?" I skated away from him.

"Wait," He shouted but I was already out of the rink, on my way to where my roommates were taking a break.

"Hailey, are you okay? Who was that?" Alice asked

I sighed, "I'm fine. That was the cute guy from Tuesday."

"Are you sure you are okay?" Layla asked.

"I just want to go back to the apartment," I said and that is exactly what we did. No questions asked.

0