Thursday: December 12th
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I dreaded the end of the lecture. I knew he was going to show up when I left class. I should have skipped but no, finals were next week so today was the dreaded last day of lectures. I might as well make the best of it. Then again, why should I have cared about what happened last night? Ethan and I were just friends, maybe even less. He could talk to anyone he wanted. It was a free country after all and it wasn't like we were dating. I guess it didn't matter.

What happened last night? Well after I saw the girl from the ice rink, whose name is Elizabeth, Ethan pretty much ignored me. He saw her and started having a full-fledged conversation with her. I know this makes me sound like a possessive bitch, but then they started planning a date in front of me. The cherry on top was I never got a text from him. I haven't heard a single thing from him since I left his apartment. So yeah, I'm a little bitter.

Once the lecture was let out, I rushed out. I made sure my music was loud enough that I couldn't hear the people around me. I didn't want to see or hear him. However, you know how the routine goes. When I tried to avoid him, I ran right into him.

"Slow down," He said when he caught me. Somehow, I could still hear him over my music. This made me more bitter. However, I started to walk away like I didn't run into him. "Hailey... Hailey... Hailey, I know you can hear me." He grabbed me and pulled me to him so I couldn't avoid him.

I paused my music and said, "What do you want?"

"What did I do wrong?" He asked.

"What makes you think that you did something wrong?"

"You literally ran into me which tells me that you were trying to avoid me. You acted like you didn't run into me. Your tone when you said 'what do you want'. Would you like me to continue?"

"Ethan, you have to go to class."

"I'm not going until you tell me."

I sighed, "It's nothing." I pushed past him. He tried to follow me, but I quickly lost him in a crowd. I made sure he went back inside the building before making my escape to the safety of my bed. There was one way that I fix my problems and that is to take a nap. Naps make me less cranky.

When I got back to the apartment, I put on my comfiest pajamas, wrapped myself in the fuzziest blanket I owned, and cuddled with my childhood teddy. I went to turn off my phone so I wouldn't be disturbed. Before I turned it off, I had a text from Ethan.

Ethan: I know it isn't nothing. Why won't you tell me what is bothering you?

Instead of replying, I shut off my phone. I plugged it in before finding the comfiest spot I could find. Ever since I was little, naps helped solve my problems. I can't get anything done if I'm stressed, pissed off, or drained and the only thing that makes me feel better is sleeping. Just for a while, nothing exists. When I wake up, I feel better so why change what doesn't need to be changed?

When I woke up, I turned on my phone. I was bombarded with text messages and missed calls. My phone was having a hard time keeping up. When it finished freaking out, I saw the time and realized that I slept through my afternoon classes. Good thing it was pretty much review day in all of my classes. I didn't miss much.

I looked at the messages and missed calls that I received. Most of them were from Ethan, but not all of the messages were. A couple of them were memes from my siblings. I even had a message from a number I didn't know. I quickly looked at the memes my siblings sent before looking at the text from the unknown number.

Unknown: Hey, it is Liam. Ethan is freaking out because you haven't answered. I know he is a dumbass but he doesn't know what he did wrong and he won't shut up. Talk to him.

Hailey: Do you know what he did wrong?

Liam: It wasn't hard to put two and two together. He only shut up about their date when you ignored him. I think he is planning to cancel it.

Hailey: Why?

Liam: Because the dumbass likes you more than he realizes.

Hailey: Well, don't I feel special. Tell him that I said to have fun on his date.

I placed my phone down and made my way to my desk. I had finals to study for and I wasn't going to let one stupid boy ruin my grades. I needed to pull myself together if I'm having this much trouble. No guy was worth retaking classes for. Classes were expensive.

Before I could dive into studying, my phone started vibrating constantly which means I had a call. I groaned because I knew exactly who it was. He has the worst timing ever. I was going to get my life together.

I answered the phone and said, "Hello?"

"I canceled my date," He said.

"Good for you, but why? I told Liam to tell you to have fun."

"Because she has been blowing up my phone all day. She is super clingy and constantly wants to know where I am."

"Wow, sound familiar," I remarked as I went to study. I know I shouldn't because talking on the phone was going to distract me.

"Hey, I'm not that bad," He retorts. I rolled my eyes at his mini tantrum. "You were ignoring me, what was I supposed to do? Especially when you text my best friend back."

"First of all, if someone is ignoring you, you should leave them alone. Second, I slept all afternoon with my phone off. Third thing, he wasn't the one that blew up my phone with texts and class. He only messaged me once. Last, why does it matter?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I like you," He said like it was the easiest thing to say on the planet.

"You hardly know me. You almost went on a date with another girl. What about that makes you think that I'll believe that?"

"Come on Hailey. You know it isn't easy for people to get along as we do."

I laughed, "Ethan, we can only be friends. I'm not really looking to be in a relationship, especially not with a guy I hardly know."

"I'm going to make you fall for me one day," He said.

"I'd like to see you try," I replied before hanging up. I had studying to get done and I wasn't going to waste any more time on that boy.

0