Friday: December 13th
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Friday the 13th happened I either had an amazing day or a terrible day. There was never just a normal day on Friday the 13th. Literally, I never knew if I was going to want to curl up into a ball and cry or be bouncing off the walls. So far, this one was one that I'm having an amazing day. Probably due to the fact that finals scared me more than Friday the 13th.

The roomies and I were currently on our way to Texas Roadhouse. It was roommate night which means that Ethan wouldn't get to see my wonderful face. It is debatable if he would get a text of not. We would see what happens tonight.

Once we got to Texas Roadhouse, we spent like ten minutes trying to get a parking spot. We were even waiting for one and were signaling that we were going to take it when some bitches took it from us. We were not happy. However, not long after that, we found another parking spot. We should have thought this out better. Friday at Texas Roadhouse was never a good idea, no matter where you were at. Friday night was date night and Texas Roadhouse was one of the places to be.

"I can't believe that the semester is almost over," Ronnie said after we were seated at our table. Honestly, I just wanted to eat the rolls. I loved my roomies, don't get me wrong, but I would kill a man for Texas Roadhouse rolls and cinnamon honey butter. "It seems like we just moved in not too long ago."

"This time next week we will all be at home," Layla said. Man, it was only the start of dinner and they were already being sappy.

"Thank God," Alice said. She was currently shoving a roll full of butter in her mouth. This was why we were best friends. "I won't have to see Hailey's ugly face for a whole month."

I shove my roll in my mouth before saying, "I was thinking the exact same about you. I can see it now." Alice and I both sighed dreamily at the thought of not seeing one another for a month.

"Why are you two like this? We are trying to have a moment and you ruined it. Can't you pretend to like each other?" Ronnie scolded.

I shrugged and said, "It is how we show our love. Plus it is too early to be all sappy about winter break. I'm going to want food before I do the whole crying thing."

"Plus we have all weekend together even though we all will be studying," Alice added.

"Exactly," I agreed.

"Well if we can't be sappy about the end of the semester, let's talk about Ethan," Ronnie said with way too much excitement. Then again I haven't mentioned what happened the past few days to them. All they know is that I went over on Wednesday.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, ready for questions.

"When do we get to meet him?"

"What happened when you went over?"

"What exactly is going on between the two of you?"

"When is your next date?"

"Do you like him?"

The questions kept coming. I was waiting for them to ask all their dumb questions before I answered the obvious ones. I knew once I told them about Wednesday all hell was going to break loose and I needed to be mentally prepared.

Once they finished asking questions, I started my story by saying, "Wednesday started out great. He held my hand as he guided me to his apartment. He tried to get me to sit on his lap, but that was a little out of my comfort zone so I sat on the floor. I got along with his roommates pretty well. It was going well and honestly, too well.

I went to leave and he walked me to my car. When we get outside, we hear someone call his name so we turn around to see the girl from the ice rink he was with last Friday. Instead of walking me all the way to my car, he started talking to this girl. They literally started planning a date in front of me. I left without saying a word. He didn't even text me to make sure I got home safely." All three girls looked at me in shock with their mouths open.

"What the actual fuck," Alice said breaking the silence between the four of us.

I laughed, "That isn't even the end of it."

"Please tell me you're joking," Layla begged.

"I wish," I said. They all looked at me with anticipation. "Yesterday, I literally ran into him after class because I was trying to avoid him. I tried ignoring him and walking away but he wouldn't let me. He kept asking me what was wrong but clearly, I didn't want to talk about it. I was too busy being mad to talk to him.

Eventually, I get away from him and back to the apartment. I was exhausted so I was going to take a nap to help me get over this shit. I put on comfy clothes and cuddled the fuzziest of blankets. I went to turn off my phone so I could nap without any disturbances but I had a text from him. He asked why I wouldn't tell him what is bothering me. Instead of replying, I left him on read, turned off my phone, and took my nap.

When I woke up, I turned my phone on and it freaked out because I had so many texts and missed calls, most of them from Ethan. When it stopped freaking out, I realized I slept through all of my afternoon classes. Then I started to go through the messages I had. I realized that I had a text from Ethan's roommate and best friend, Liam, so I replied to him. We had a quick conversation on why Ethan was a dumbass.

After that, I went to study. I didn't need guy troubles, I already have finals to cry over. Just as I was about to start, Ethan calls. The first thing he says is that he canceled his date because she was being clingy. I told him that it sounded familiar and he tried to blame it one me because I was ignoring him but not Liam. I asked why it mattered and he said because he liked me. I told him that I wasn't ready for a relationship especially since I don't know him. He told me he was going to make my fall for him one day."

"What are you going to do?" Ronnie asked

I looked at her confused and said, "What do you mean?"

"I know you don't handle being pushed around like this."

"I mean, who would?" I said. All three nodded in agreement with what I just said. "However, I'm going to play his little game."

"After all that, why?" Layla asked.

"Because I want to see how his little game plays out," I answered. I pulled out my phone to send a quick text.

Hailey: I hope you know I won't make this easy for you.

Ethan: I was planning on you making it difficult.

I smiled. Let the games begin.

0