Saturday: December 14th
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan: We should do a movie night.

Hailey: Fine but you are providing snacks, coming over here, and I'm picking the movies.

Ethan: Why?

Hailey: Because I don't want to go grocery shopping, the roomies want to meet you, and because I said so.

Ethan: Fine. Send me your address. I'll be over later.

I sent him the address to my apartment and then sent a quick text to the roomies to let them know that he was coming over for movie night. They were all excited to meet Ethan when they were done studying for the day. However, none of them knew when they were going to be done. Finals were the fucking worst and we all knew it.

It was getting close to dinner time when Ethan texted that he was outside my apartment building. I was just finishing up studying so he actually had perfect timing for once. I grabbed my phone and keys and made my way outside.

Once I got outside, I saw Ethan leaning against a pickup truck. I looked inside the truck to see Liam in the driver's seat, texting someone. When Ethan saw me, he smiled and said something to Liam as I approached the two.

Liam smiled at me and said, "I'm going on a date so you're stuck with him until tomorrow morning."

"What about Isaac or Jackson?" I asked.

"Isaac is busy studying and doesn't like to be disturbed by Ethan's stupidity. Jackson is going to some party and will probably be drunk."

"What if I don't want to wait until tomorrow?"

"Then you can drop him off at our apartment yourself," Liam declared.

Ethan whined, "Don't I get a say in this?"

"NO," Liam and I say in unison. Ethan frowned as he grabbed his stuff out of Liam's truck. He had like five grocery bags of stuff, a takeout bag from Culver's, and a drink carried with two drinks, also from Culver's. This boy had the right idea of winning me over.

"Are you feeding a small village in Africa?" I asked. Ethan just grinned like the idiot he is. "Why do you have so much food?"

"You said to bring snacks but didn't specify so I bought a variety," He explained.

I looked at Liam and said," Is it too late to send him back with you?"

"Yup," Liam said before speeding off. Asshole.

When we got to my apartment, Ethan placed all the food on the counter. I finally got to see what exactly he brought. There was ice cream, brownies, cookies, a variety of chocolates, different kinds of candies, bags of chips, a box of popcorn, and a variety of toppings for the ice cream, such as syrups and whipped cream. He definitely went full out on snack duty.

"So I didn't know exactly what to get you at Culver's but I did know that you love their cheese curds and Mountain Dew. I also remember you saying that you always order your burgers plain because restaurants always put too much ketchup on," Ethan said as he stuck the ice cream in the freezer. "Using my knowledge, I got you a plain butterburger with cheese, cheese curds, and a Mountain Dew. I hope I got it correct or else I fucked up." This boy managed to get my order correct without even asking, just be guessing from random facts I told him.

I patted his head and said, "You got it right. Gold star for Ethan."

"Yes," He said as he did a victory fist pump.

He grabbed our Culver's and we made our way to the living room. I had the tv set up for Disney+. We were going to watch my favorite Disney movies. If he didn't like it then he could kiss my ass. I already declared I was picking the movies, so this was what he gets stuck with.

"What are we watching?" He asked as we got situated on the couch. I was on one end of the couch, he was on the other, and our food was in the middle.

"We are watching some of my favorite Disney movies," I said as I searched for our first movie. To my surprise, he didn't protest. "Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Treasure Planet, and some others I'm sure."

He nodded and said, "Sounds good." I clicked on Hercules because it was one of my top five. I never had a favorite because I always change it. However, there were always the same few that never disappoint. Hercules was one of them because Meg was a mood.

Sometime during Hercules, Layla made an appearance so she could eat. She didn't say much other than hi because she didn't want to disrupt. I also think she didn't want to get pulled into movie night instead of studying.

When Hercules was over, we moved on to Hunchback of Notre Dame. Somehow, I ended up laying on Ethan's chest with our legs tangled together. I didn't know when this happened.

"Hey," Ronnie said when she came out of her room. She looked like she was going to a party.

"Ronnie, this is Ethan. Ethan this is my roommate Veronica or Ronnie for short," I said as I pulled my eyes from the tv.

"It's nice to meet you," Ronnie said. All she got in reply was a nod because Ethan was too focused on the movie. "I'm going to one last party so I'll be back late."

"We will be here," I said, sounding like every Midwestern dad ever. Ronnie just laughed as she left.

We got through Treasure Planet and Lilo and Stitch when Ethan said, "I'm surprised we haven't watched a princess film."

"That can be arranged," I said as I pulled up The Princess and the Frog.

"I don't think I've seen this one," He said.

I gasped, "Tiana is my favorite princess and I want a Prince Naveen." Ethan smiled as he pulled me to his chest. One of his arms was wrapped around my waist while the other was laying on the back of the couch.

"Look how she lights up the sky. Ma Belle Evangeline. So far above me yet I know her heart belongs to only me," Ray sang. Ethan lifted me off his chest and stood up. He offered me his hand.

"Oh no, I don't dance," I said at the exact same time as Tiana.

Ethan pulled me up and said, at the exact same time as Naveen, " If I can mince, you can dance." He wrapped his arms around my waist. My arms wrapped around his neck.

"You have seen this movie, haven't you?" I said as I laid my head on his shoulder. He didn't say anything. "Asshole." He just laughed.

When the song was over, we went back to laying on the couch. I saw I had a Snapchat from Alice. I opened it to see a picture of Ethan and I slow dancing. My back was to her and Ethan was looking at me. I didn't even hear her come back from the library.

I screenshotted the picture and posted it on my own Snapchat story with no context whatsoever.

0