Sunday: December 15th
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing Alice asked me was, "Where is your guest?" I just pointed to my room. Ethan was currently passed out on my bed. Lucky bastard. However, I was only awake because my phone was blowing up from so many messages about the picture on my Snapchat story. Honestly, most of the people messaging me had no right to. I haven't talked to them in like a year and a half so they no longer needed to know what was going on in my life.

"I feel like I've been hit by a bus and I need to sleep for a hundred years," I groaned. I either needed a nap or an energy drink. At this point, I would crash and burn before dinner time and I would have greatly welcomed it. However, studying was going to be a pain in the ass. I wasn't going to be able to focus if I felt like death.

"You guys were up pretty late watching movies," Alice said. I started to clean up the mess Ethan and I left last night. "Did you guys get enough snacks to feed a small army?" Not going to lie, a lot of the snacks were scattered in random places between the living room and the kitchen.

"He didn't know what snacks I liked so he bought the whole entire grocery store. Help yourself to whatever. If no one claims it, he is taking it back to his place."

"I think I will."

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and his voice said, "Good morning."

"Don't touch me," I said as I smack his arms off. Ethan looked at me confused and a little bit hurt that I didn't let him hug me.

"Don't take it personally. She turns into a toddler who doesn't like being touched when she is cranky," Alice said, stuffing a cookie in her mouth. Bruh, what a fucking mood. "I'm Alice by the way. I'm the one who has to deal with her on a daily basis."

"Ethan," He said. Alice grabbed the cookies and made her way to her room to leave us alone. Rude, much? "Why are you cranky? Is it because your phone is practically blowing up?"

I nodded and asked, "Did it wake you up too? If it did, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, Hailey. Why is your phone getting like a million messages?"

"I shouldn't have posted that picture."

"What picture?"

I sighed, "Alice sent me a picture of the two of us slow dancing last night. I posted it on my Snapchat story without context. I didn't think that everyone I knew in high school was going to want to know my whole life story."

"Why don't you just tell them?" He asked.

"I haven't talked to most of them for over a year and a half. They no longer have the privilege to know what is going on in my life. Can't they just admire it from afar?"

"If you didn't want the attention then why did you post it?"

"Because I like to show people that I don't need them anymore," I said. I could feel the crankiness building up. I get that he was trying to understand the situation, but I wasn't able to control how irritated I was. "I'm petty enough to show off my life but don't have enough energy to actually talk to them. Once they are out of my life, they are usually out for good. They better have a good reason to come back. Just because I'm hanging out with a guy and they want to know about him isn't a good enough reason."

"Let's just put your phone on Do Not Disturb and take a nap," He suggested. Honestly, I should have done that in the first place. However, I was tired and didn't think or it when we went to bed. I was also not the most functional person when I wake up. I needed someone functional in my life to keep me sane.

When I woke up again, my back was pressed against Ethan's chest. His arms were wrapped around my waist while his chin was sitting on top of my head. I was hella comfortable, but I had to go pee. If this was like any cheesy romance book or movie ever, Ethan was going to wake up the second I moved. So instead of being graceful, I literally rolled off the bed and onto the ground. Definitely not one of my smartest moves.

"Ow," I said. I was currently laying on my back on the ground.

Ethan looked over and asked, "Are you okay?" I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

"Ow."

"What were you thinking?" Ethan asked as he helped me stand up.

"I wasn't," I said. He rolled his eyes at me. "I just woke up and I have to go pee. My mind was clearly not in a functioning state."

He started laughing," I can't believe you rolled off your bed. This is not what I expected to have happened."

"What did you expect to happen?"

"I don't know. In the movies, they try to sneak away. You didn't even try."

"Sneak off to where? You're in my apartment, Asshole. If anyone was sneaking away or doing the Walk of Shame, it would be you."

"Why would I do the Walk of Shame? We didn't do anything."

"I was just saying," I said. He smiled as he pulled me back to my bed. Bruh, I still had to go pee. "Tell Liam to come pick you up."

"Why?" He whined like the toddler he truly was.

"Because you're annoying me and I still have to go pee. Somehow you won't let me."

"But I don't want to leave. We only have a couple more days until we leave for break. How am I supposed to make you fall in love with me over break?"

"You should have thought about that before," I said. I got back off my bed. He only groaned in response. He tried to pull me back to the bed but I was too far from him. I made my way out of my room and to the bathroom.

When I got back to my room, Ethan was still laying on my bed. He was scrolling on his phone. I didn't think he was going to actually text Liam. However, we both have finals to study for so it was best if he left soon.

I grabbed my phone and laid next to him. He pulled me to him so my head was laying on his shoulder and his arm was wrapped around me. He was scrolling through social media while I opened all the messages from Snapchat. Each one asking who he was. I took a quick picture of us and uploaded it to Snapchat. This time with a caption.

Meet Ethan. We recently met when we kept literally running into each other. We became quick friends and now he is trying to get me to fall in love with him. Will he succeed? Who knows.

I posted it and put my phone on silent. They can ask their questions about Ethan but that was all they were getting out of me. They would have to find their own answers in a different way. They still didn't need to know every detail in my life and I didn't want them to.

0