Thursday: December 26th
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sammy, my body hurts," I whined. Sam, Ryan, and I were currently out to lunch while running some errands. However, today was the first day of my period, and I was dying from cramps. So instead of being curled up in a ball at home, I was out with my siblings.

"I'm sorry," Sam said.

Ryan looked at us, confused, and asked, "Why does your body hurt?"

"Because I'm a girl."

"Oh," He said before shutting up. Ah, to be naive to the pain that was period cramps. I was currently waiting for drugs to kick in. The tragic news was that I accidentally left my hot pad at school, so going to bed was going to be a bitch. I was going to be miserable.

I laid my head on the table. My cramps were killing me, and I didn't know how long it would be before the ibuprofen finally kicked in or how much longer we were going to be out. The comfort of my bed was calling to me, but I couldn't answer it.

Once our food finally arrived, I barely ate any of my food. With the cramps and how greasy my meal was, I wasn't handling it very well. I was at least able to eat my fries without any issues.

Ethan: What are you doing today?

Hailey: Dying. Running errands with my siblings. Sam and I are going to see a movie later.

Ethan: No dying. Do you have time to talk to me? I miss you

Hailey: Depending on how long it takes to run our errands and how much I hate myself.

"Sammy," I whined. I only called her Sammy when I was on my period. It was a nickname that Ryan and I grew out of. Plus, she preferred Sam. She really hated being called Samantha even though it's her name.

"I know it hurts, Hails," She said. We were back in the car. I was curled up in a ball in the backseat. Ryan was in shotgun, and Sam was driving. "But I can't do anything about it. You are just going to have to wait until the ibuprofen kicks in."

I groaned, "But it hurts now."

"Maybe you shouldn't have been born a girl," Ryan said.

"Shut up, Ryan," I snapped. There was Cranky Hailey. She usually pops out when Dad yelled at me for taking too much ibuprofen.

"Enough, you two. Ryan, leave Hailey alone," Sam said. We both shut up as Sam drove us home.

Sam and I were at the movie theater getting popcorn and slushies. We invited Mom, but she wasn't interested in seeing Frozen II. It didn't help that Sam and I didn't hype it up as much as we usually did with Disney movies because we didn't know how we were supposed to feel about it. The trailers didn't give enough information, and Into the Unknown wasn't a great song.

When we got to where we were sitting, I looked around. The whole theater was filled with families and little children. Gross, kids. This movie had been out for a month. Shouldn't they have all seen it already? I didn't want to hear screaming kids while watching a movie. The good news was we were right next to the aisle so we could make a quick escape.

"Anna? Elsa? Sven? Samantha?" Olaf said. Olaf has been a whole mood in this movie. In the first one, he was cute but annoying. In this one, he was the most relatable character I have seen. "I don't even know a Samantha." I was laughing in pretty much any scene Olaf was in.

"This will all make sense when I am older. Someday I will see that this makes sense. One day, when I'm old and wise, I'll think back and realize that these were all completely normal events," Olaf sang.

"Olaf is you and your anxiety," I whispered to Sam.

Sam whispered back, "One hundred percent."

"See, that will all make sense when I am older. So there's no need to be terrified or tense. I'll just dream about a time when I'm in my age of prime. 'Cause when you're older. Absolutely everything makes sense," Olaf sang, dramatically. Everyone was laughing at this. However, kids didn't understand how relatable this was when you're grown up. "This is fine."

"Bruh, they did Kristoff dirty," I said as we walked out of the theater. Jonathan Groff is an absolute queen, and I aspired to be like him. He played Jesse St. James, one of the few characters I tolerated from Glee, King George III in Hamilton, Agent Holden Ford in Mindhunter, and of course, Kristoff. "Why would they give him that song? When they said he had a song, I wasn't expecting a 90's boy band wannabe song."

Sam laughed, "What were you expecting?"

"Not that. Why would they do that to Groffsauce? He deserves better."

After we got home, I went straight to my room. I curled up on my bed and plugged my phone in. It wasn't long until I got a notification that Ethan wanted to video chat with me. I sighed but answered it anyway. He was going to blow up my phone otherwise.

"Hailey," he said with the biggest smile. "How was your Christmas? How was the movie?"

I groaned, "Too many questions."

"It was only two."

"Still too many."

"Just answer them."

"Christmas was good. My brother got me a two-foot-tall penguin, my sister got me a plushie dinosaur, and my parents got me more winter gear," I said as I showed him the penguin. His name was Philip. "I liked the movie. I was skeptical going in, but I really enjoyed it."

We were both lying on our own beds, miles apart, talking about the most random things. It didn't seem like we were separated. It felt like he was right next to me. It felt like it was Ethan, Philip, and I against the world.

"Who was your first crush?" Ethan asked.

I groaned, "Why would you ask that? Are you trying to embarrass me?" My face was buried into Philip.

"Come on, Hailey."

"Fine," I said. He was going to make fun of me. "Prince Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender."

"Seriously? Nick Jonas. Prince Zuko. Is there anyone else I need to fight for your attention?" He asked.

"Tom Hiddleston," I said. Ethan gasped. I smiled and looked at the time. "It's late. I'm going to bed."

"Night, Hailey," Ethan said.

"Night," I whispered before hanging up and going to sleep.

0