Legacy World 6.10
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Excerpt

The next morning, Tadashi went to the gym earlier than was arranged and was surprised to find that the gym was already occupied. 

Just as he was about to enter, he heard Aimi's voice behind him. "Tadashi-kun, good morning! You're starting to work out too?"

"... You exercise this early in the morning?"

"Of course. I have to stay in my top form." Aimi said with a bright smile.

While she walked past him, Tadashi held her by the arm and his other hand held her cheeks to turn her head towards him. He ignored the expectant look in her eyes and continued to stare hard at her. After a while, he let go of her completely. 

"Aimi-san, you weren't being truthful, were you? Your eyes look positively tired and dull. You're obviously not used to this. Go back to sleep. You need it."

"Bu-"

"I don't want you getting hurt or involved in an accident just because you're not in your top condition." Tadashi asserted. 

Aimi stood there looking reluctant to leave. 

Tadashi's eyebrows very slowly drew together. 

Realising that her puppy dog look was not working, she sighed then replaced her pitiful look with a bright smile. Catching him with his guard lowered, she managed to hug him. "You know me so well! Thank you for worrying about me, you're really the best! See you later?"

Tadashi's body was as stiff as a board and the smile he put on to reply her was equally stiff. "Mm."

After Aimi bounded off and out of sight, he heaved a sigh of relief. He stood there in a daze for a while longer. 

When Aimi jumped him like that, it did not feel bad. On the contrary, it felt good. It was the same warm feeling he got the last time she touched his forehead, like a cosy blanket lulling him to sleep. A sensation that made his heart quiver and set off an alarm in his brain.

He shook his head then went into the gym. 

When he found Naoko standing there and welcoming him in with a warm smile, the tenseness in his body washed away. He felt at home. Mm. She's the one I want. He may still be unable make sense of the strange reaction he experiences with Aimi but the person he seeks and yearns to get closer to was definitely the girl in front of him now. 

"Sorry, did you wait for long?" 

Naoko's eyes slightly widened then she looked down in reflex to break the eye contact while shaking her head. His expression had suddenly looked so soft that it made her heart thump. Useless heart. Naoko scolded in her mind.

 She quickly composed herself then looked back up to find him standing before her and his hand right in front of her face. 

 

⳾*⑅*✿⑅*❀⑅*✿⑅*❀⑅*✿⑅*⳾

1