Legacy World 6.28
155 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Excerpt

"If you can withstand my attack, you qualify for the ceremony." The instructions were brief but straight to the point. Nobody needed any further clarifications. Naoko, Tadashi, Aimi, and Hansuke stood with other young ones of the tribe. Dai stood at the front of the group. Without warning, he punched the air. The fist did not connect with anyone or anything but everyone felt am immense pressure crash into them. He had unleashed an aura attack on the group. Aura emitted out of his fists like waves.

Like their first meeting, Naoko felt her spiritual energy quake within her. However, it was not as painful or overwhelming. She engaged her spiritual energy and pushed back as hard as she could, but it only served to keep her standing. She was completely immobilized.

The only way Naoko knew of Tadashi's performance was through their linked hands. He was standing steady by her. She had no mind to pay attention to their telepathic connection. BaoBao dared not let out a squeak in fear of distracting her.

One by one, then few by few, the weaker ones collapsed. The other adults on standby would swoop in to carry them out as quickly as they could. Dai waited until no one collapsed for a period of time before halting his aura attack. He nodded at Naoko and Tadashi with a proud smile. "You all made it. Let's get moving."

"Wait! Can I at least join the escort party?" An unfamiliar voice cried out. Dai looked questioningly at the person they never paid attention to.

"What for? You won't be of any help." Dai dismissed Aimi easily, then turned to the group that qualified. "Let's go."

Aimi watched the group as they left the village through the entrance. "This was not supposed to happen." Aimi whispered almost inaudibly. Her dug into the ground as she balled her hands into fists.

Hansuke stood quietly by the side, looking at Aimi.

Aimi recalled how Naoko reminded her of a warrior princess when she fought without hesitation or reservation. She could tell the amount of practice that went into it. She had admitted Naoko's strength then. But will that be enough?

It was the first time Aimi failed something that she expected to attain. She already discounted losing Tadashi as it being caused by an external influence. Feeling like this failure was a sign that something bad was going to happen, she made up her mind. A look of calm determination replaced her frown. "Na-chan can't die." She whispered under her breath for Hansuke's benefit.

"Aimi!" Hansuke hissed softly. He looked back and considered getting the other two guys. However, one had turned into a zombie. Another into a coward. He quickly gave up on the idea and chased after Aimi.

Aimi and Hansuke are tailing behind. BaoBao informed Naoko.

... Okay.

The fog got denser as they walked further away from the village. Besides the now familiar crooked dried up trees, familiar large bulbous shadows appeared among the fog. Naoko's hairs stood on its ends upon seeing what they were.

"Why are the Puffers sprouting all the way in here?" An adult whispered. A look of worry appeared on his face.

"There's definitely something changing in the swamp." Dai, on the other hand, remained calm and serious. If it got too close to the village, they would have to relocate.

Everyone reminded each other to be steer clear of the Puffers. Tadashi noticed Naoko's apprehension, so he helped to place Naoko smack in the middle of the group.

Suddenly, a child tripped over a root of a tree. He pushed the one in front of him, and started a domino effect heading towards Naoko.

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾

3