Traumatic First Experience (Pt. 1)
28 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Uh, h-hello? Is this, um, thing on? I think it’s working…Sorry if my voice is annoying; I don’t normally...talk…

Um, anyway, my name is L-er, the Librarian, I guess? I was told I had to come up with a username by myself so that’s what I came up with. I like libraries so I-wait, I’m rambling, sorry. Um, so, f-for my first clip - or, I guess, video? But it’s really short, so - nevermind.

I-I’m going to be creating my character right now.]

The Librarian moves a transparent blue hand to the big red plus button blinking on the screen in front of her. She clicks it with her index finger, squeaking when a much larger hand appears out of nowhere and grabs her.

It easily scoops her ghostlike body up and deposits her in a dimly lit room. She tumbles out of its palm ungracefully, hurting her bum on the hard stone floor.

[Ouch! That’s a bit too realistic…]

The girl gets to her feet and looks around. The camera pans back and forth slowly as she takes in the site. Torches flickered in their sconces, tossing wavering shadows across the floor. An ominous tune plays as any icy breeze brushes up against her ghost legs. She shivers, shuffling as the wind tickles her calves.

[Creepy. Halloween’s been over for, like, two weeks…]

Shaking her head, the Librarian faced the front of the room where two Medieval-esque doors stood before her. Both had crudely drawn pictures of a man and a woman on them.

[Oh, wow. That’s, um, kinda cool, how they didn’t just, like, make you click buttons and stuff…]

She hesitated before going through the door with a woman on it. The door opened to reveal a raging battlefield. She shrieked as a cannon boomed in the distance and quickly spun around to retreat, but the door was gone. In its place stood a small battalion of giants armed with spiked clubs.

A cannonball flew high over her head, plunging into the bare-chested leader of the titanic armor. Much to the Librarian’s horror, the monster shrugged it off and kept stomping forward. It glowered down at her, pointing its weapon at her as if suggesting a challenge.

[Oh my gosh! Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh!]

She turned and started sprinting away from the giants. Unfortunately, that led her toward the middle of the battlefield, where dark-skinned humans in scaly armor with spears clashed against short and stocky metal men with guns. She watched in horror as one metal man lifted his rifle and headshot a human warrior only for a woman to leap over the fallen body of her comrade and plunge her glowing spear into the metal man’s chest. The woman kicked the body oozing a dark, viscous substance off of her spear, and turned to face her. She lifted her spear beckoningly, calling her to come to join them.

The Librarian shook her head and ran past her.

[Gosh, this is all so freaky. I would’ve preferred a normal character creation to this!]

She didn’t get very far before a two-fat-tall elf popped up out of the ground, shouting, “Lux causa satani!”

[WHAT THE FRICK!]

But the resulting magical explosion passed straight through her, hitting its intended target: a mushroom with arms standing a head shorter than her. It screeched as its cap caught fire, the swords and muskets floating in the air above it dropping unceremoniously to the torn up dirt. She gagged as the smell of a burning mushroom flooded her nostrils, the toxic fumes choking her. Stumbling away from the cackling elf, she ran towards the only group on the field that didn’t look completely horrifying: a band of poorly dressed green men clutching primitive spears.

They stood in a lopsided circle, protecting three very pregnant green women wielding crudely constructed short bows. They all paused when they saw her charging desperately toward them.

“Help me!” she screamed at them.

The green men shuffled to the side, letting her enter the oval of protection. When she stopped to take a breath, the world around her suddenly froze. The battle came to a halt as the armies all turned as one to look at the Librarian and her party of green folk.

[I have a really, really bad feeling about this…]

The green men suddenly shifted in formation, forming two crooked lines of spearmen facing the frozen enemy. The women nocked stone arrows, aiming precariously above the heads of the men.

“What do?” one of the men said in a gruff yet strangely high-pitched voice.

“Um…” The Librarian surveyed the still armies with apprehension, her ghostly hands clenching and unclenching. “Run?”

Without a second thought, the goblins turned tail and ran, leaving their weapons behind. The combined armies charged, crossing the distance disturbingly fast. The transparent girl cowered, frozen as the woman from before raised her spear to throw it at her. Right before it pierced her chest, the Librarian was whisked away by the hand.

PART ONE OF THREE END. TO BE CONTINUED IN PART TWO.

If you liked what you see here, please consider joining my Patreon to support me and see the rest of the Librarian's journey! You also get access to advanced chapters (no more waiting!) and a special role on my Discord!

1