Gamer’s Guide to: Attributes
22 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What’s up, gamers? It’s ya boi Karl, back at it again with another guide! Today, we’re going over R&C’s attribute system!

First up, what are they? The six attributes that every Player, NPC, and mob has: Body, Agility, Perception, Magic, Charisma, and Luck.

Attribute

Attribute Use

Body

Carrying capacity, Damage Reduction, Health

Agility

Attack Speed, Movement Speed

Perception

Spatial Awareness, Detecting Unusual Behavior

Magic

Arcane and Celestial magic pool

Charisma

Health regeneration, Social Perception

Luck

Loot Rarity chance, Critical Hit chance

 

The attributes are pretty basic and easy to get used to. It’s important to remember to upgrade everything, though. I had a friend, JunderButt, who had high 50’s in both Agility and Perception but a low Body, I think around 23. He could run fast and see well but when his character tripped and crashed into a tree, his health bar dropped ⅔’s of the way down! And then there are squishy Mages who dump their stats into Magic and Charisma without thinking about physical protection for themselves and end up going splat whenever they face up against a monster too tough for their spells to kill immediately.

So make sure you put some Attribute Points into attributes that aren’t boosted by your Class! It could save your life!

Speaking of AP, let’s go over how you get them. Obviously, you all should well know that AP is used to increase your attributes. When you first spawn into the world, you get 10 AP to spend. Choose wisely because you probably won’t be getting any more any time soon. AP is notoriously hard to get. You’ll get some as a reward if you reach a Class or Skill milestone but that’s even harder to achieve unless you’re fighting high-leveled monsters all the time. You could always buy some with the in-game currency but even one AP costs 10 whole pieces; you’re better off saving your money.

Instead of using AP to raise your attributes, I recommend doing it the grindy way: training rings. There are three types: Gyms, for Body and Agility; Libraries, for Perception and Magic; and Taverns, for Charisma. There is no natural way to train your Luck, which is a huge bummer with how useful it is. Anyway, spending two in-game hours (one hour is ten IRL minutes) in any of the training rings will increase your attributes by one. Like I said, it’s a little grindy but at least you’ll have fun talking to other players and doing the mini-games the rings provide to keep you entertained. What’s even better is the game lets you log off while your character is in one. When you come back a couple of hours later, the Vulkan you left bench-pressing in the Gym will have increased his Body by at least 10 points!

Now, here’s another thing you should learn about attributes. Getting them to a specific point can unlock a general skill. I went over the difference between general and class skills in my skills guide but if you haven’t read it - which I recommend you do ASAP - here’s the gist: class skills are skills given to you when your class reaches a certain level. General skills are skills that any player can pick up, regardless of your class. For example, when Perception reaches 10, the skill Appraise unlocks on your general skill tree. For the classes [Traveling Merchant], [Alchemist], and [Craftsman], Appraise is available right from the get-go at level 1 but that’s a Class Skill for them.

So not only is it important to make sure your non-build stats are high enough that they don’t come back to bite you in the butt, but you can get some extra skills you wouldn’t ordinarily receive from your class! A win-win, all in all.

That’s all I’ve got for you today! It’s been fun. Catch you in another guide, gamers!

1