One
137 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A necklace closed upon two faces and she stared out into the horizon.

The world was purple and pink and all the colors of the rainbow. She looked at the blue sky and the clouds of green. Off in the distance was a rising smog of magenta. The buildings, skyscrapers piercing into the sky, broken down in disrepair, were splashed as if a madman had thrown his entire canisters of paint upon the world and the roads ran gold and silver, shining beneath the amethyst sun.

"Stunning as always. . ." She muttered as a lollipop swirled in her mouth. "I'm glad we could see it together."

Her legs dangled atop the one-story house. It was dashed blue between a row of purple and pink lofts. In front of it, the yard almost blinded her in its emerald glow as a car burned white on the road.

And, stomping towards her, were beasts of gray. Like a speck of dust, tainting and clogging her world, those gray humanoid beasts without faces walked on their two legs and swung their two arms as they shambled for her.

Grays. She called them. White she could stand. Black as well. For no color could shine without those two. White brought the light and the shadows of black enhanced it. But Grays dulled everything. Neither bright nor dark, they were stains that complicated her beautiful and pretty world.

She leapt from the house.

Her feet found emerald grass and flakes of pink fluttered into the air.

"Why can't you be colorful or dark?" She chided.

A weapon shined gold in her hands. Connected through a wire to a machine within a bag of black upon her bag. . .it was an excessively comical chainsaw.

"Why can't you choose one!?" Her chiding morphed into pleading.

The blare of the machine flicked to life as the chainsaw roared with a silver glow and she ran towards the gray beasts—around the car which burned white.

The chainsaw sliced into the skull of one. She jumped back, evading one more while voices echoed from its nonexistent lips. Surrounded, she grinned with the sound of her weapon and spun her body. She bit down on her candy as a necklace dangled at her neck. Her chainsaw brought color from the gray as they splashed red. It was not a fountain of rainbows, but it was color nonetheless.

When all was said and done, she wiped sweat away from her head and looked up to a sky which had turned purple.

"That's much better. . ." She smiled and looked at her feet. "See? Even you guys can pop to life if you try!"

Below her littered the corpses of the grays and puddles of crimson against a road of gold.

5