Ch-5 First Hunt
12.5k 19 279
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Less than a week after the meeting with Vili, Yui trained every day for a few hours a day and finally mastered her new skills to a satisfying degree. Her free time has suffered a lot from this, but she didn't care too much. To tell you the truth, she was a little bit excited recently, because she agreed with Vila on a plan for the first start with the Magic Girls.

Yui created some demons between training. What would take a normal witch a month to achieve, she din in surprisingly short time, which satisfied her. But what else could be expected from her skills, after all, is her specialty, or at least that is what Vili said.

They set a trap in an abandoned industrial zone on the outskirts of the city. Vili's experience with TransMagica's behaviour in relation to minor outbreaks of demons was useful here. After all, Obelisks stop the demons that would approach the city, not the ones that form in them. For this reason, the Magic Girls carry out patrols as the only people who are sensitive enough to magic to detect small clusters of demons.

The plan is: Yui will suppress her magical power and hide not far away when the demons she created lure the Magic Girls. Although she is only a beginner Witch, she is naturally rank stronger than normal Magic Girl so even when she is outnumbered she should be able to do it.  And if there are too many of them, she will run to Vila to teleport herself out. She had to admit a pretty good plan.

And so Yui waits hidden in the crown of a tree behind an abandoned factory. Vlil was waiting beside her on a branch, in silence. 

The waiting time was over two hours. It was terribly long, and Vili got an unpleasant gaze from Yui for not very good anticipation of the patrols. Luckily for her, before Yui could do anything, the little deer fell into a trap.

***

The Magia Feeu detected a small cluster of demons during her patrol. It was not big, but it could not be left behind. Demons left to themselves can begin to multiply surprisingly quickly, especially when the Witch takes control of them. This is the worst possible scenario that Feeu cannot allow.

The Magic Girl was second rank so she could patrol alone. Even if she had met a Witch more powerful than herself, she would have been able to stop her long enough to be supported, if she had approached it completely defensively. She has already sent a notification to TransMagica HQ about encountering demons, so if the signal with her disappears even for a second, support will be called immediately.

Feeu was confident that she would be able to destroy several naturally appearing demons, and she had already been on many missions like this. With this attitude, she flew over the abandoned factories and detected the demons at the back.

She looked at her outfit again and fixed the bow. Her outfit was similar to the one of Eisst only that it had an additional bow holding her hair back. In addition to the normal outfit, she also had a greaves and vambraces, ornated with black lines that shaped like flames. The rest of the outfit was also decorated with black accents and had a scarlet-red theme with white shirt, stockings and gloves. 

She materialised her scepter in her right hand, which had a central diamond shaped ruby, surrounded by black ornaments resembling dancing flames.  The handle was black long enough to accommodate two hands, ended with a round head with a red incomprehensible inscription.

A burning scarlet mana was concentrated over the ruby, it started spinning slowly forming the shape of an almond and then fired one and a half meters up, stretching the mana, after which it remodelled itself to make a blade. The mana became solidified to form a crystal translucent substance. This is how Feeu formed her favourite Claymore weapon with a scepter as the handle. Its size is the same as that of the Magic Girl herself.

The blade at the base is 20 centimetres wide and tapers towards the tip, where 30 centimetres in front of the tip, where it is 10 centimetres wide for the last 20 centimetres, tapers with a sharper angle to form a sharp tip. The blade is thin and razor-sharp.

An armed Feeu has begun to fall to the ground to deal with demons, which from what she can see are plant type. Five demons with a mid-sized dog flypaper head of which one thick stalk goes down to the ground stuffed with thorns, splitting into five brown roots that make up the legs. From the main stem four tentacles grow out, ending in ominous thorns.

Three plant demons were standing next to a pile of rubble and the other two were under the brick wall of an industrial building. Feeu landed between the two where she squatted, swung with a sword whose blade was covered with orange fire, produced by the girl, and with a wide arch she sent a blade which without much effort cut through the pathetic plants that were unable to do anything. Their halved bodies caught on fire and quickly burned down, leaving little amethyst crystals.

"Well, it looks like I got a good match." After all, plants don't do well with fire. Feeu then looked at the little crystals that remained between their ashes. "Quite large for naturally occurring. The first rank would have problems with five if they didn't have an advantage like me." She added a little concerned about the idea that the rookie might have had this meeting.

'So did Eisst and the Witch.' She thought about it with a light sigh, she really thought her friend threw herself at something she couldn't chew. Eisst was always, impatient and quick to act, but she was still only in the first rank, she should wait for support. "Well, she got a lesson." She said in a whisper, throwing the thought out of her head when she remembered the condition in which they found her.

Throughout this moment of reflection, she never let go of her guard and watched the demons who did the same and slowly split up so as not to burn at once, remaining within reach of their tentacles. A good strategic decision for the demons thought Feeu.

"Okay, time to go." However, as much as they could think, the demons wouldn't be able to see this Magic Girl, the lord of fire. The very fact that these plants thought they had a chance made her amused and she giggles a little. Her attitude reversed in preparation for the attack.

She decided to end this with one sequence of attacks. She waved her hand horizontally in front of herself in a arch and fired two fireballs at the two outer demons, and she ran forwards holding her sword in both hands. Of the two outer demons, only one barely survived by jumping back and hiding behind a pile of rubble, the other one was not so lucky and when he tried to jump back he got the central one in his jaws.

The demon inside the group fired its tentacles at Feeu, which she easily cut and burned with her blade and then pierced his mouth nailing it to the rubble. The sword then exploded with flames that devoured the demon. To finish the last one, she pulled out her sword and started to circle a pile of rubble.

When she was about to kill the plant demon, a sudden big fist made of rubble attacked Feeu, who covered herself with her sword and used her manna to create a scarlet barrier. The barrier shattered under the power of the stone fist, which then struck the Magic Girl's sword. This one, having no strength to resist the force of the fist, was sent flying towards the tree.

However, before she struck it, she stabbed the sword in the ground to slow down her momentum. She quickly recovered and returned to her fighting posture, staring at her opponent. A dozen metres before her stood a five-metre golem made of stone and rubble.It had powerful legs and fists, but the rest of its body paled in comparison.  Feeu came to the conclusion that the demon is a kind of glass cannon focused on attack.

But what worried her more was the strength of that demon.Even if it took her by surprise, her barrier is of the Magical Girl is second rank, which makes it impossible for this demon to appear naturally.  This would also explain why she could not sense it, there must have been a barrier on it. This means that the Witch is not far away. 

"It's getting dangerous." Feeu whispered when she prepared to withdraw. However, when she took a step back, she felt the magic energy and immediately jumped to the side. Where she stood, a purple ribbon appeared, which almost caught me. Looking at the rest of the ribbon, she noticed a Witch sitting on a branch. 

It stuck her in place. A girl who was almost naked, with good proportions, sat on the branch as if nothing had happened. Feeu blushed a little on this view, but quickly returned to normal. She noticed that the golem and weed were slowly approaching, and the Witch was sitting nonchalantly on the branch, collecting her ribbon. 

Suddenly Feeu remembered the Eisst report and looked at the Witch again, quite carefully. Her sharp eyesight made her opponent look her straight in the eyes and smile lovingly. The Magic Girl ignored this, or at least tried because she couldn't hide the redness that appeared on her face, especially when she remembered the content of the report. After all, she wasn't dumb or stubbornly innocent like some of the Magic Girls and knew what this Witch was doing to Eisst.

"Hello Magic Feeu." The Witch finally broke the silence. "How do you do? I hope the children didn't cause any trouble." She said it like it all was just a little mischief.

"They were pretty pushy." Feeu decided to entertain her and went with her game."You should raise them better. You're gonna be a bad mother." She scolded her slightly to provoke her.

"Thank you for your criticism. I'll take it to heart." The Witch smile grew after Feeu's words. She jumped off a tree and elegantly fell down ignoring the laws of nature, then a whip appeared in her hand, with which she shot. 

"Let me compensate you for the trouble." She said, her smile turned into a grin.

"And how are you going to do that if I may know?" Feeu took a slow step back, not breaking eye contact, but also watching the golem. The weed was weak so she forgot about him.

She put her finger near her lips as if she was thinking about something. The Witch made the widest grin so far and took a step forward, her amethyst eyes showed a purple unholy shine. The ribbon that tied her free hand began to unfold. She licked her lips and said.

"I will drown you in pleasure."

279