A dead weight is gone – chapter 26
2.3k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Sakuru high school

——————————

The news had already spread around the country about the death of the first student of Sakuru High.

The supervisors doubled the time of the training for every student.

Even if Hatsuko was the weakest, the fact that a student of Sakuru High died made a big impact on the other students and the citizens of Sakuru.

......

...

..

.

After Hatsuko's disappearance, the supervisors ordered a group of 10 specialists to find Hatsuko.

There was no clue where he might have been.

After 4 days his body was never found! They didn't want to risk the lives of an entire group of people just for a single person.

Hatsuko was considered dead and soon enough he is going to be forgotten.

After the news was spread around the students about his death, most of them didn't really care since they had confidence in their strength.

Now that their training time was doubled, even their strength was also.

Around the whole students, the average strength numbers on their bracelets were about 400.

....

..

.

At the hallways was the president and the vice president rushing towards the training ground.

Before they reached their destination, Tatsuya called out to them who were about to enter that place.

[ Looking for me Dai? Or do you want me to call you president as well? ] ( Tatsuya )

Tatsuya calmly asked them.

The president or also known as Dai Suli.

Ranked #7 Dai Suli

The president stopped walking and turned around to the location of that voice.

[ I was looking for you! ] ( Dai )

[ Alright, I was about to go to the training area. We can talk there. ] ( Tatsuya )

[ That's fine by me. ] ( Dai )

The president said while entering right after Tatsuya.

The vice president was also right beside Dai.

The training ground was full of students trying to improve their abilities. Everyone was focusing on their own abilities. Some of them were even having a match with their opponents.

Tatsuya showed Dai and vice presidents the place where they could sit. That was a special place where they wouldn't be bothered by anyone.

[ Seems like everyone is training really hard! ]

The vice president said while looking at them.

[ No, they are still really weak! ] ( Tatsuya )

[ I agree with that ] ( Dai )

Both of them answered.

[ So how was your first battle with monsters? ] ( Dai )

Dai asked with the same expression as before.

[ As long as you're strong you don't need to worry about those things! ] ( Tatsuya )

He said with a smile on his face.

[ Hoo?

So that's why you let one of the students on the group die? ] ( Dai )

[ Well it's his own fault for not staying close with the group.

Plus he was way too weak!

He only was watching the other students fight and nothing more.

He was so useless!

Why do you care about that deadweight anyway? ] ( Tatsuya )

[ Me care about him?

Don't joke about that! Actually, I was planning on expelling him from this school. He did me a favor by killing himself that way.

Him being a weakling was an embarrassment for this school. We have no need for those! ] ( Dai )

Dai said with an angry tone.

[ Is that so? ] ( Tatsuya )

[ Now that I think about it, how is your training going? ] ( Dai )

Dai asked trying to change the mood which was going on before.

[ Well, since everyone in my group is too weak, I haven't had any chance to train with anyone... ] ( Tatsuya )

[ Then how about we have a match?

I'd like to see exactly how strong is the proclaimed #1st ranked! ] ( Dai )

Dai provoked him with a smirk on his face.

[ Don't you think, you are a little too weak for me? ] ( Tatsuya )

Tatsuya responded the same way to him.

[ So you have that much confidence? Let's go and see on the battleground if you really are worthy of your title! ] ( Dai )

[ You'll regret those words! ( Tatsuya )

Tatsuya said while preparing himself. They both took off their jackets and threw them on the ground. The vice president noticed the jackets on the ground and decided to pick them up.

[ The vice president will be our coach. ] ( Dai )

[ That's fine by me ] ( Tatsuya )

He responded.

After getting ready they showed their status to each other.

#1 Tatsuya

.

——————————

Name: Tatsuya Gale

Gender: Male

Age: 18

Ability: Fast calculating

STR: 755

MC (mental capacity): 409

AGI: 1422

VIT: 721

DEF: 697

Condition: Healthy

Skills: (Fast thinking), (Fast movements), (Strategist)

——————————

.

#7 Dai Suli

.

——————————

Name: Dai Suli

Gender: Male

Age: 18

Ability: Temp change

STR: 460

MC (mental capacity): 1000

AGI: 301

VIT: 209

DEF: 802

Condition: Healthy

Skills: (Total Freezing), (Ice Shield block)

——————————

.

After they showed their status to each other, Tatsuya with a smirk on his face said.

[ Your status isn't that bad, but do you think it'll be enough to beat me? ] ( Tatsuya )

Dai didn't like what Tatsuya said so he started his move first.

[ We'll see about that! ] ( Dai )

The president said while from his feet the ground started freezing.

And in the split of the second, the whole training zone was turned into ice.

[Let's see what you'll do now! ] ( Dai )

The president said calmly without a care about the other student who were training near there.

Some of them even slipped from the icy ground.

.......

....

...

..

.

Hatsuko pov

——————————

4 days had passed since Hatsuko was stuck on that labyrinth.

He couldn't have a rest since one of his skills was bothering him "Presence Detection"

Even now a weird presence was bothering him.

* * *

So damn annoying!!

Where the fucking is that monster!!!

It's been a while since my skill started bothering me!

It won't just calm down!

[ Come out! Where are you? ] ( Hatsuko )

I said annoyed. I looked everywhere to find the monster but nothing was in my sight. Even my skill "The eyes of see-through" couldn't pick up any status from any monster.

Where the hell is it!!

But after some moments.

[ Hey Hatsuko ]

In front of me was a person.

Rei...

H-how did she get here?

Did they send a search group to find me?

[ Why won't you die already? ] ( Rei )

She annoyingly said. She had the face of that who was looking at someone with disgust.

I see how it is...

[ Why welcome to hell Rei! ] ( Hatsuko )

A smirk appeared on my face.

[ You always were a nuisance to me and everyone else! Just die already! ] ( Rei )

She demanded.

I couldn't stop! My face won't stop smiling. I could feel my mouth ripping apart from my smile.

Beside Rei, another one appeared.

That was Tanaka.

[ That's right! You really thought you had a chance with My Rei?! ] ( Tanaka )

[ He is my boyfriend! And you could never satisfy me! ] ( Rei )

They started laughing while pointing their fingers at me.

I had my head down and my hands were shaking.

...

In excitement!

I smiled with an malicious glee.

[ This is amazing, Truly amazing! I get to kill you this fast! ] ( Hatsuko )

At that moment green spikes sliced through from underneath Rei and Tanaka.

They died and disappeared like it was a bad dream.

Behind them was a tiny lizard with red eyes which was also killed.

{ Skill acquired: "Illusion" }

So that was all an illusion?

Well, I don't really mind since I will have my satisfying experience of making them suffer soon!

I kept walking forward as I thought that.

...

After some time, a white light could be seen through the darkness of this labyrinth.

Is that the exit?

I started running towards it.

And... I finally reached the exit.

It was afternoon.

I blocked the sight of my view since my eye was hurting from the sudden light. It wasn't used to the sudden light after spending a lot of time in the dark.

But at that moment something wrapped around my waist and pulled me up.

I removed my hands and what I could see was a tree which its long branches were keeping me from running away.

Near me was a rabbit that was also caught by the branches. After some seconds it was released. The body of the rabbit fell down.

It wasn't moving anymore.

I used my skill "The eyes of see-through"

Huh, it's dead?

The health of the rabbit had already reached zero. Was it because of the fall?

{ Notice: Lifeforce is being sucked! }

My body started getting heavier.

What's going on?

.

——————————

Species: Tree of nothingness

Gender:?

Health: 9023/9023

STR: 700

MC (mental capacity): 5

AGI: 209

VIT: 102

DEF: 3000

Condition: Growing

Skills: ( Life draining )

——————————

.

This tree's Health and defense were high.

And it only has one skill?

Life draining.

So that's the reason my body was getting heavier.

I checked my own status.

.

——————————

Name: Hatsuko Gee

Gender: Male

Age: 17

Health: 620/643

STR: 704

MC (mental capacity): 92

AGI: 992

VIT: 900

DEF: 922

Soul collected: 115/10.000

Condition: Healthy, hungry, sleepy, tired

Skills: ( Materialisation ), ( Air slash ) ( The eyes of see-through ) ( Rage ) ( Berserk of Gluttony ) ( Presence detection) ( Night Vision ) ( Fireball ) ( Marionette ) ( Auto Fight ) ( Poison Resistance ) ( Illusion )

——————————

.

44