Girls talk! – chapter 98
1.5k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Akemi, I've always wondered, how did you and Hatsuko meet for the first time? ] ( Hina )

On their way to the gate, Hina wanted to break the ice and open a topic. She also thought that this would be a good chance to get to know Akemi and Ichika.

[ Yes! Yes! I also am curious! ] ( Ichika )

Ichika responded in excitement as she was looking at Akemi, waiting for an answer.

[ Our meeting? Hmm... ] ( Akemi )

She started thinking for a bit while crossing her arms.

[ ...It was rough. ] ( Akemi )

She responded as she dropped her shoulders down.

[ [ Rough? ] ] ( Ichika/Hina )

[ Yeah, he was really harsh with my body you know... ] ( Akemi )

Ichika shocked looked at Akemi the moment she heard her answer.

[ So you... did it with him? ] ( Hina )

Hina asked with a calm face while she tightly clenched her skirt.

[ Yeah, there was no other way avoiding it. ] ( Akemi )

Ichika's whole body's color faded away when she heard Akemi explaining her encounter with Hatsuko.

Everyone awkwardly kept walking to their destination. Their minds were filled with Akemi's words and how she managed to "do it" with Hatsuko.

[ What about you Ichika? ] ( Hina )

She looked at Ichika.

[ Eh? Me? ] ( Ichika )

She reacted the moment she heard her name.

[ Yes, how did you meet him? ] ( Hina )

She asked her.

[ Well he... he saved my life! ] ( Ichika )

Ichika showed a slight smile on her face as she answered.

[ He saved your life as well?! ] ( Hina )

Hina surprisingly responded.

[ Yes...If it wasn't for him, I would be dead by now! ] ( Ichika )

[ Same happened to me as well. I don't remember much, but if it wasn't for Hatsuko I would have been eaten by a monster. ] ( Hina )

[ I see... so we both were saved by him... ] ( Ichika )

Ichika smiled wryly.

[ I barely remember him saving me but how did he actually save you? ] ( Hina )

[ Well, my story is a bit long so... ] ( Ichika )

[ I don't mind, after all, I was the one who asked. ] ( Hina )

She smiled at Ichika.

[ Okay then, it began when.... ] ( Ichika )

.

----------

* * *

Ichika POV

——————————

Months ago, before I met with Hatsuko, I had no friends I could hang out with, so I was always with my father.

Not that he hated me but he was always strict and he always wanted me to train and become stronger ever since I was really young.

Even before the disaster, he constantly wanted to have a match with me to know how much I have been improving.

But after a while, both my father and me realized that I wasn't getting anywhere. I wasn't getting strong at all. And I couldn't control my ability.

That's why he started hiring professional tutors who could teach me how to use my powers.

But still... nothing changed.

His matches with me got even harsher.

He didn't even allow me to have some free time with my sister and brothers.

But recently, I heard something about a new hobby that my father had found. A new place was opened which was called "Underground City Guild". Anyone with an ability or skill can apply to become a hunter.

My father started spending more time on his new hobby than my training.

I was actually kind of relieved but also curious as well.

What is the purpose of that guild? What do hunters hunt? Are they as strong as my father?

If they are as strong as my father, maybe I can learn something from them.

One day, when my father was out, I decided to sneak out of the house and decided to go towards the guild.

Somehow, everyone inside that building were giving me weird looks but I tried ignoring them.

Even the receptionist tried convincing me to leave but her reaction changed when she saw my ID card. Her hands started shaking and sweat was dripping from her face. She even started addressing me formally and politely.

That was really weird but I tried ignoring that as well. I asked the receptionist about the rules of this place and how someone can become a hunter.

I wanted to know what my father's hobby was like so I asked the receptionist for a registration.

She immediately prepared one without asking any questions. But when I asked her about the testing part of the registration.

She said that it wasn't necessary for me.

As the first quest, I decided to choose something easy and simple but I still was a new hunter and wasn't sure what to do.

That's when three other guys saw me and offered me to join their party.

They were really kind and answered any kind of question I had which I couldn't understand.

At those times I thought "So this is how it feels like to have friends..."

But I let my guard down way too soon.

One hour after leaving the gate of the city. We kept on walking for some time until one of the guys attacked me.

Their eyes, faces, and the way they were acting was creepy and scary. They even had some creepy and disgusting smiles on their faces.

I didn't know what to do!

I was scared! I couldn't get away from his grip.

While the other guys were lowering their paints, that's when I started panicking.

I screamed as much as I could but there were no people around.

At those moments, a group of white rabbits charged towards the guys who had lowered their pants. They didn't react fast enough, ending up with their body sliced up.

My whole body was shaking. I couldn't believe what was happening right in front of my eyes.

I was about to puke but I tried holding up as much as I could. The other guy who had gripped me noticed the rabbits who were eating his friends and started preparing his sword to save the guys.

But the moment he attacked, his sword was cut in half together with his body.

That's when I started running as fast as I could. But even when it came to running, I messed up and fell down. That's when I lost my consciousness.

I think that the rabbits were busy eating those guys, that's why I believe they didn't attack.

The next thing I knew, I was being carried by Hatsuko while we were floating some meters above the trees.

Waking up to that kind of scene was terrifying to me and of course... Hatsuko didn't make it easier for me...

But still, he saved my life! He was the one who prevented me from being eaten by those monsters.

I wanted to thank him somehow. But I didn't know how. He wasn't that talkative and he refused to talk about himself.

And after my father had a match with him...

I was speechless!

"He is so strong!" I thought.

----------

.

[ That's when I asked Hatsuko to become my tutor. ] ( Ichika )

 

36