Chloe’s solo hunt! – Chapter 117
1.5k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-

-

-

-

After both Angela and Demonica gave their own energy to me, their aura was completely gone without a trace. I also checked their status a couple more times, and it was the same.

They had become humans even though the numbers in their statuses were different from normal humans.

I still couldn't figure out why they did this to themselves, they had enough strength to protect themselves from any monster. They even managed to drive off all of the monsters in this mountain only using their aura.

And somehow they seemed really attached to me. Both of them had grabbed a part of my jacket as a way of holding onto me.

[ You seem to be enjoying yourself. ] ( Chloe )

She said as she was walking on my side. She had a grin on her face as she was looking at me.

[ I am not. ] ( Hatsuko )

I responded to her. 

Angela and Demonica didn't say anything, only Angela would respond sometimes when I asked something. But they still don't know anything about common sense.

I'm sure that even Angels or Demons have at least their own common sense and their own way of living, but these two sisters barely knew anything.

For now, I could understand that these girls were harmless since they made a soul contract with me by giving their own energy to me. And thanks to that, monsters weren’t scared to approach us anymore.

As we were on our way down, I could feel the presence of a monster approaching us at a high speed. But I wasn't worried about that, I was worried by the fact that Shiro was wandering around the forest. I could feel her presence some meters away from me and she seemed safe. At first, I tried stopping her from going anywhere alone but she was really restless and didn't want to sleep anymore.

I wouldn't blame her since she spent most of the time sleeping on my hoodie. And as long she is within my range of detection, she should be fine. Actually, I can feel her presence getting stronger.

[ There’s something ] ( Angela )

She directed her finger on our side as she said that to me.

[ I know… Chloe, prepare yourself. I’m leaving this to you. ] ( Hatsuko )

Angela and Demonica stayed on my side while Chloe looked at me a bit confused.

[ What do you mean by leaving it to me? ] ( Chloe )

But before I could properly explain it to her, I looked on Chloe’s side and said:

[ That one. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ GRROOOOW!! ]

A monster was charging towards Chloe with the size of a massive thing. It had a size up to 3 meters high, and a fat, round body. From the looks, it looked like a massive wild boar with red piercing eyes.

[ WA--- WAAH! ] ( Chloe )

Even though she was surprised by the sudden attack, her body reacted on its own, making her jump over the monster and avoiding getting crushed by its massive body.

[ That surprised me. ] ( Chloe )

That monster continued charging towards me after getting avoided by Chloe. 

[ Sorry but I won't be the one playing with you. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said as I started floating above the trees where that monster couldn't reach me. Next to me were Angela and Demonica who also were floating next to me. I had created a thin layer around their bodies so I could use telekinesis on them as well. I was a bit surprised that they didn't react.

Well, they must have been used on flying. They used to have wings after all.

[ Eh? Hatsuko? Don't tell me... ] ( Chloe )

Her voice trembled a little when she noticed what my goal was here. The fact that she is really smart, was another thing that I liked about Chloe.

[ This monster isn't that strong if you manage to find its weak spot. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her as I was looking from above.

[ No way… ] ( Chloe )

-

-

-

Chloe’s POV

------------------

*

Jeez! He didn't have to let me handle this alone!

Well, I can understand why he did this, but he could have been a little gentler on how he does things.

He did open up to me which makes me happy but I still want him to get closer to me. I tried getting closer to him by clinging to his body, but each time I did that, I felt something bothering him.

He seems a little insecure about making a move on me. I didn't want to ask about what really happened to him, but from what I heard, he has been through a lot.

I didn't want him to worry about his past anymore, but to look forward to the future. Even though mother nature takes what's important to us, we have to move forward.

It's us who make our life choices, and that's what makes us stronger.

I’ve already seen how powerful he is and I know that there is still a good side inside him. And he doesn't want to show it to anyone else.

He already knew that I could dodge that kind of attack from that massive boar that's why he is floating above while watching me.

Hatsuko doesn't talk much, but I could feel that he wants to express himself to me much more.

I pulled out my daggers and got into position as that massive boar was turning around. 

Hatsuko suggested finding a weak spot, but that is going to be a little hard in this kind of wild animal.

[ GROOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!! ]

That boar’s voice was loud enough to cause the animals to run away in fear. 

But I wasn't scared because I knew that he was with me.

I thought as I started observing the way this wild boar was moving.

The way it charges towards its targets is really fast and it can kill me very easily if I let my guard down. But each of its movements are slow when it turns around.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

The ground shook as that massive thing started charging towards me once again.

I jumped over a tree’s branch and held myself up there until I let go and landed on that boar's body.

Its body was really thick and hard when I tried holding myself from falling on the ground.

As it noticed that I had dodged its charging attack once again, the boar started turning around. Until it makes a complete turn I have time around 20 seconds. And that much time is enough to finish it off.

I started thrusting both of my daggers inside its body with all I had. But the blades didn't go all the way in. Even though I had sharpened these blades before, it still couldn't go all the way in. 

[ The skin is so thick. ] ( Chloe )

Only the tip of the blades had managed to get inside its skin even though I was pushing the daggers with all I had.

[ GROOOOWWWW!!! ]

Even though its skin was so thick, it still felt the pain caused by the blades. And it didn't take long for the wild boar to notice that I was above its body.

The wild boar tried throwing me off by lowering its head and raising its hindquarters into the air while kicking out with its hind legs

He continuously did this until I was thrown some meters back. I managed to land safely thanks to a bush that was nearby.

But now, what do I do? Its skin is so hard that my blades don't even have an effect at all.

As the wild boar was trying to turn towards me once again, I looked at its legs.

Its legs were really thin and small, making it almost impossible to believe that this boar was standing just fine.

[ It’s legs… ] ( Chloe )

As I said that out loud, I got into position once again and waited for the boar to charge towards me once again.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump**Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

This time I wasn't planning on avoiding its attack entirely. I carefully focused my eyes on its front legs as I gripped my daggers really hard.

And the moment the wild boar was getting close to me, I charged towards it as well while aiming at its right front leg.

My heart was beating really fast but I knew that I could do this. This was the first time I had gone all out while paying attention to my surroundings. 

I could feel my daggers cutting the leg of that boar easily as I went past its body.

[ It worked! ] ( Chloe )

I celebrated as I looked around where that wild boar had gone.

Thanks to its speed it had managed to go some meters away, and in the end, collapsing on the ground thanks to me cutting one of its front legs.

[ GGRROO… GROOW!!! ] 

As the boar was trying to get up, I started approaching the boar. Its front leg was trembling a lot as it was trying to get up.

But now it was already too late to fight back.

Without one of its legs, it's almost impossible to move around.

But surprisingly, it managed to get on all of its three legs while it was staring at me.

I charged towards the boar as fast as I could without letting it move from that position, I cut its other front leg as well.

*boom*

Its massive body fell into the ground, creating some dust from the dirt around.

But that boar wasn't giving up yet, it continued pushing its body with its hind legs.

During my training my father always told me to not hesitate when I kill someone.

I thought that this was too merciless but after everyone back at the cave died...I finally understood what my father meant by those words.

If I hesitate, someone dear to me will die, and the blame will be put on me.

In front of me was the wild boar who was struggling to move towards me. Even though I already cut two of its legs, this boar is still trying to kill me instead of running away.

I sliced both of its eyes in order to blind it.

[  GggrOOWWWG ]

The eyes were really soft and easy to penetrate with my daggers.

But things don't end here.

If I don't finish this monster off, then that means I'm weak.

I already made that mistake once and I don't plan on repeating it!

I thrust both of my daggers on its neck with all I had. That part of the skin was a lot softer than the rest, allowing my blades to go inside halfway through. And after a few seconds, the massive boar stopped moving.

[ Huh? ] ( Chloe )

I felt something warm between my chest.

It was happening again. I didn't notice because I was focused on this boar, but my necklace had managed to get out of my chest. 

From the boar, some kind of green smoke was coming out. That wasn't a normal kind of smoke since the way it was moving was weird.

The rock on my necklace was glowing with the same color as the smoke, and it seemed the smoke was getting sucked by the necklace.

This has happened many times before I killed a weak animal.

It's a weird phenomenon that no one could understand.

When my father used to carry it, he said this kind of thing would happen each time he killed his targets. The same thing goes for all of our ancestors who used to carry it.

No one could understand why this happened, but some of the ancestors have said to their children that this rock kept us safe from evil.

After the green smoke disappeared inside my necklace, I noticed Hatsuko and the girls coming down.

[ You could have killed that monster way faster. ] ( Hatsuko )

He said as he was looking at me with his same-looking expression.

He didn't seem to have noticed what happened to my necklace but…

What does he mean by "I could have killed that monster way faster"?

Can't you just say to me "Good job" or "I'm lucky to have you by my side"?

That would make me really happy you know?

Was what I wanted to say but I already knew that Hatsuko didn't mean anything bad with it.

And he has trouble with expressing his true feelings.

[ Yeah, but that was really mean of you. Leaving me all alone like that. ] ( Chloe )

I said to him while leaning a bit forward, exposing my chest a bit.

I've tried doing this before and it seemed really effective. I have noticed Hatsuko's gazes on my body. That's a bit embarrassing but I'm really happy that he looks at me as the opposite gender.

[ But you're fine though? ] ( Hatsuko )

I don't know if he does this on purpose or he just doesn't want to give me a proper answer, but he never likes expressing himself.

But I kind of like it when he reacts when I cling to him.

I got near him and hugged him without saying anything.

I've noticed this before but his body is really skinny and sometimes it surprises me with the power he holds.

My hands met each other as I had my arms wrapped around his body. 

Also pressing my chest against his body feels really comfortable and relaxing.

But I'm glad that he doesn't push me away as he used to do it when we first met.

[ What are you doing? ] ( Hatsuko )

He said as I kept staying like this.

[ I'm mad so don't talk to me… ] ( Chloe )

I like it when I tease him like this. His face doesn't change at all but his heart says the opposite.

I could feel his heartbeats transmitted to me as I was resting my head on his chest.

I don't understand this myself but… when did I start feeling like this about Hatsuko.

I thought as I closed my eyes.

-

-

-

-

-

40