Ichika’s memories! – Chapter 154
958 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akemi led us somewhere far from the previous Island we were staying on. Akemi didn't seem excited about this since she knew it would be impossible to enter that dungeon. But even if it was impossible, I wanted to check out the entrance of that dungeon. I wanted to see this kind of dungeon created by dragons. And how they used pure crystals with immense energy inside them. 

“We’re here.” Akemi said after we landed on another massive island which was invisible. But thanks to Akemi, she made it visible by using some kind of skill.

“This place is insane!” Chloe commented about this floating island as she was looking around. She had a pure look on her face as she was enjoying the beauty of this nature around this island.

“It's almost as big as the other island” Hina also added as she was looking around. On the other hand, Ichika and the twin sisters were staying near us without saying anything. Now that I look at Ichika, she seems a little spaced out.

“Is everything okay?” I asked as I was approaching her. Beside me, was Shiro who was clingier than usual. 

“...Huh! N-no, I’m fine… I’m just thinking about something.” She responded back to me with a flustered look on her face. While her memories are gone, I’m sure she finds it weird that some parts of her memories are missing. She might even ask who her parents are or where she came from. Even though her memories are gone, I still wanted to help her somehow. 

“Alright, but if something doesn't feel right. Let me know right away.” While she might question her own existence, It is her right to know the truth someday. But somehow she didn't seem nervous anymore… Actually, she looked a lot more relaxed and happy while being near me. 

Now that I think about it, how come she feels safe around us if most of her memories are gone? It just doesn't make sense anymore because not only her personality, but also her the way she acts would have changed.

[ Akemi, are you sure you didn't do anything else to Ichika when you erased her memories? ] I telepathically asked Akemi about Ichika’s condition. 

[ Huh? Not really, why are you asking all of the sudden? ] While everyone else was distracted by the island, Akemi telepathically responded to me.

[ I was thinking of Ichika’s condition, and I found it weird that she feels comfortable around us when most of her memories are gone. Wouldn’t that change her as a person if her memories are erased? ] I tried explaining to her what I was thinking about Ichika.

[ Yeah, I already thought about that before erasing her memories. Removing someone’s memories not only affects their body but also their personality. That's why I filled those missing memories with new ones. ] 

[ New memories? What kind of memories did you make? ] I was impressed and confused because creating fake memories to someone else is too overpowered. You can basically make anyone your slave...

[ I didn't specifically create memories worth of years for her. That would be impossible… So I came up with an idea of creating specific key memories just for her. ] I can understand what she’s trying to say, but just a few memories won't fill years worth of memories.

[ And thanks to that, Ichika formed the rest of her missing years based on those key memories. ] So what she’s trying to say is that Ichika imagined the rest of her memories, thinking it really happened? 

[ But what if she created some fake memories of us talking about something, but in reality we never did? Or a place that we’ve never been to? Won’t she feel that something's off? ] This might cause her a lot of danger since she might create memories that never happened. 

[ Then, she’ll simply forget about it. It's like being confused between a dream and reality. Once we deny something that never happened to her, she will simply forget about it. And I’m sure she wouldn't do stuff on her own. ] 

[ By the way… ] She happily looked back at me as I was trying to ask her something.

[ What kind of key memories did you give to Ichika? ] I was a little curious about that… Based on those memories, it may have a huge impact on her.

[ Oh, since I didn’t want to make things complicated I only added two important memories. The first one is about everyone... ‘Being friends she spends most of the time'. And the other one is... ] There was a pause for a second as she was looking at me.

[ ‘Ichika being your lover’. ] I blankly looked at Akemi for a moment as I was processing what she just said to me. Does that also explain why she was sleeping in the same bed as me? 

[ Wait, why did you add a memory like that? ] 

[ Huh? Doesn't that make things easier for us? There might be a time when she loses her trust in any of us. But in your case, she’ll always be by your side. ] What Akemi was saying might be true to some extent… But doesn't that also mean her feelings were manipulated as well? 

[ No, you can’t just manipulate someone’s thoughts like that. ] But Akemi couldn’t seem to understand why I wasn't agreeing with her. Creating false memories is fine with me since that's what helped Ichika, but creating a fake feeling is what bothers me. 

[ Wait, I already told you that I can’t actually manipulate what memories Ichika makes. She was already in love with you so it's not that I made her feel like that. ] Akemi smirked as she said that to me. 

.

..

"Is this the dungeon?" Ichika finally approached Akemi with an excited look on her face.

"Kind of. This island is basically the entrance of the dungeon…

hmm, If i remember correctly... it was somewhere around here." Akemi released some kind of aura around the entire island, looking for something. And within the next second, some kind purple beam appeared in front of us. It was some kind of gate that led us to the main entrance of the dungeon. 

.

.

.

In front of us was a massive door made of a special material which was being protected by an incredible amount of energy.

"Well, this is it… there's nothing special to do here. And this door is basically indestructible, so we can't just break it down." Akemi smirked as she explained the toughness of this dungeon. Even though none of us could break in, she still wanted to brag about it.

"This door… It feels just like my bracelet…" Chloe tried touching the door as she said that, but Akemi stopped her before she could do so.

"Do you want to die?! If you touch this door, your body won't handle the energy force!" Chloe backed away when Akemi explained that to her. But still, Chloe kept looking at the door with a nostalgic look on her face.

"But how did your father open that door?" Hina asked the same question I was wondering the whole time. If this door can harm anyone who touches it, then how did the king of dragons open it?

"I'm not sure, but whenever I came here with my father, he'd place his hand against the door and remove the energy that covered the whole door." While she was explaining that to Hina, I thought about something as I came closer to the door. No one didn't notice me, so I placed my hand against the door. 

"HATSUKO!!!" Chloe immediately called out to me as she tried stopping me. Even Akemi turned around with a shocked look on her face. But before everyone could reach me and pull me away… the doors of the dungeon started moving until the massive entrance was open.

.

.

.

School started for me and I am trying to find a suitable schedule to upload new chapters, write, work and do homework. I hope my schedule for this novel won't be affected, but notice that if I'm late with updates is because I'm busy.

Anyway, i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 15 chapters ahead are available on Patreon!

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

 

 

24