A reason to fight! – Chapter 182
563 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

Hatsuko's POV!

————————

The emotionless human sized spirit wasn't moving at all until Chloe decided to attack first.

“Lets see if you can dodge this”

 *swish*” 

Chloe’s body turned into smoke as she moved at an incredible speed, moving herself right behind that spirit who remained calm even though she was about to be cut down.

And within the split of that second, she swung her dagger right at her neck with the intention of instantly killing the spirit right off the bat.

“Huh?” But seeing how her arm wasn't moving how she wanted, she noticed the spirit’s fingers holding Chloe’s dagger with ease.

“No way…” Hina was surprised after seeing how Chloe’s attack was easily blocked.

The spirit had managed to easily block Chloe’s assassination without even bothering to look where she was coming from.

Chloe’s speed wasn't something to joke about, that's when I understood that underestimating that spirit would lead us all to our death.

“Ichika, Hina!” I called out to them so they could snap out of it. “Try blocking her view, while Shiro and Chloe can attack her again!” 

Both Ichika and Hina nodded at me as I was trying to think of a plan we could take down that spirit without getting any life threatening injuries.

Our enemy could possibly be an evolved zombie form that couldn't manage to rotten its skin and body. I believe that zombies get their own limiters off their bodies lifted. But on the other side, their bodies begin decaying until they get destroyed.

But from what I'm seeing right now was something past what was considered as normal a zombie.

I couldn't see any scars, or any signs of rotting in that human sized spirit over there. So I can only come up with the idea that that zombie had reached its peak form where it had its limiters lifted until their bodies couldn't decay anymore.

Her speed was on another level and I could see why she would be called the last boss of this dungeon, not to mention that this spirit had the same face as the queen of spirits.

“She’s too fast!” Hina narrowed her eyes as her face was sweating a little.

Chloe and Shiro had been trying to seriously kill her without holding back, but from her speed, they couldn't even manage to land a proper hit on that spirit.

“Keep your eyes on the target. Keep your eyes on the target. Don’t get distracted!” Ichika on the other hand was whispering those words to herself as she had her firebow constantly aimed at the spirit.

What she was doing right now was a risky move, and if she’s not accurate with her aim, she might hit the wrong person.

“Deep breath and…” And after she stopped blinking for a few seconds, she shot her first fire arrow which immediately hit the next place where that spirit was going to move.

“I hit it!!” But her first attack was barely able to slow down the spirit. 

Before Chloe and Shiro could take this chance and finally land a hit on that spirit, that thing managed to balance itself back within the split of a second and grabbed Chloe’s arm in order to break it.

“I won’t let you do that easily.” But before Chloe could get her own arm broken, she used her own legs to grab that spirit’s head and tried choking her.

“Shiro, NOW!!” But since she knew that choking her wouldn't work, she used this technique to block that spirit’s sight so it wouldn't move as much as it used to.

“NYA!” Taking this as a great opportunity, Shiro tried cutting off those spirit legs with her sharp looking claws that could even scratch the ground from the pressure created from her swing.

But once again, Shiro only managed to swing her nails into thin air as that spirit was already long gone from that position.

“W-wha?!” Chloe was also shocked to see herself up in the air while trying to keep that spiri’s sight blocken.

“Hnng!!” She tried pushing herself away from that pale skinned zombie, realizing that one of her legs was grabbed by that thing. 

This isn't good, if they don't find a way to kill that zombie, then I won't have any other choice but to use my power to assist them as much as I can.

“CHLOE!!” Hina called out to her while Ichika was concentrating with another aim at that spirit.

Things were happening way too quickly, and if even one of them held back, the ending would be painful…

“Agh! I can’t escape!” Chloe moaned in pain as she was trying to get away from that heavy grip of that thing.

But looking at her dire situation, Akemi didn't hesitate to immediately act and go to Chloe’s rescue.

“Fall back for now.” Akemi told Chloe after cutting off the hand of which wasn't letting Chloe go.

“O-okay!” Chloe complied with her after managing to land on the ground safely. She checked her own body once again in case there were any other injuries.

She seemed fine to me as well, but the moment she tried standing on both of her feet. “O-ouch!!”

That fucking thing managed to break her leg!

“Ichika, cover us!” I told Ichika as I immediately rushed towards Chloe and carried her away from that spirit’s range.

“Got it!”

“W-wait, you shouldn't!” Chloe tried stopping from overstressing myself too much.

But…

“You are a priority to me” I told her after taking enough distance away from the battle. 

I could see that her cheeks were slightly blushing as I was carrying her, but since I was trying to safely carry her away, I didn't try to get myself distracted.

Akemi was still trying to keep that spirit busy over there, and they don't seem to have started fighting yet.

“You have business with me now.” Akemi’s smirk widened while holding that spirit’s arm as a trophy.

“....” The spirit blankly looked at Akemi without a care that her arm was taken away from her. But what made it a bit unusual, was that there was no blood from its flesh and bones.

Bloodthirst was coming from Akemi, but I still couldn't sense anything from that dead spirit over there.

“Are you already giving up?” Akemi provoked her after seeing that the spirit wasn't doing anything. “I’m waiting great things from you, so don't let me down that easi-”

But before Akemi could even finish talking, hundreds of spears were being formed around the corners of the room, and without waiting another millisecond, they penetrated through the air until it reached Akemi.

“Not letting me finish talking, huh?” Akemi grinned as she easily dodged the spears that were shooting from every direction.

“What even is that thing?” Chloe asked as we were looking at Akemi taking the spirit on her own.

The other girls took some distance away from them as well since they couldn't bring that much results from their attacks. They also didn't want to hold Akemi back from going all out with that spirit.

“Whatever that thing is… it's matching with a dragon’s power..” I said after seeing how that thing reattached its own arm back to its original position without any trouble.

.

.

.

.

[Insert a bad joke here...]

Idk, i ran out of captions...

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

12