Alone in an empty world! – Chapter 195
752 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where… am I?” Hatsuko questioned himself after looking around in confusion.

Everything around him was in an unfamiliar place. A place where he has never been or seen before.

He was sure that his consciousness could only show him things that he’s already seen… but right now, Hatsuko didn't have the slightest clue where he was.

[ Is this another dream? ] 

This was the only conclusion he could think of as the place around him had no end or beginning. 

He was basically standing in the middle of nowhere.

Underneath him was a crystal clear water that seemed really quiet, making it possible to reflect everything all over the world. And what's more, he could walk over the water like it was a normal thing.

But what was more confusing were the weird planets which were not only visible in the sky, but also much closer than a natural satellite.

Not only that, but all over the sky there were many irregular shape-like glasses that could be seen floating around. This world was definitely a weird place which held physics different from the ones he knew of.

With a clear objective of figuring out where he was, he began wandering around, hoping that he would at least find someone who could explain what had happened to him.

The boy’s memories were still fuzzy, that's why he was really calm about his abnormal experience in this weird world.

He continued walking, and walking… and walking… and walking, to the point he finally realized that the sun wasn’t setting. It was as if the entire world had stopped from moving any further. 

Or… this place was so big that the sun would take years to set.

That's why he really hoped that his second guess was wrong. 

He didn't want to spend his eternity all alone in this unusual world.

He continued walking, soon noticing that he wasn't feeling tired or sleepy at all…

And by the time he was conscious again, he was still walking in a straight line without even noticing it. His mind has been wandering around while his body kept going forward without any clear objective.

[ Just where am I? Does this world even have an end? ] Hatsuko thought to himself as he continued walking without any rest.

This world didn't even have anywhere to sit or rest, that's why the only thing he could do was walk.

Underneath him was a massive lake, sea, or whatever this infinite place filled with water was. And he somehow didn't even want to question himself how he was able to walk at the surface of the water without causing any waves or ripples. 

It almost made the water look like a one way mirror which had no end.

And what was worse, he couldn't seem to find an end to the depths of this massive place filled with water which continued going in every direction of the horizon.

By the time he was aware of it, Hatsuko no longer knew how much time he had spent in this kind of world, and the sun still hadn't moved from its position.

He could’ve been there for a few hours, days, years, or even centuries! 

Unless someone would have counted, then, there wouldn't have been any other way of figuring out how much time had passed.

“Thats…” And as he was going where the direction of the sun was, he finally arrived at the edge of the world.

Hatsuko didn't know what to expect from the edge of the world, but after getting close to the edge, he noticed a never ending white sky that didn't seem to end.

There was no darkness and there was no life… but it still didn't seem weird to him since many stars and planets could be seen in the distance…

That's what didn't make him feel lonely somehow…

It was just an outstanding landscape that no human would have the chance to see.

“If I remember correctly…” And as his memories were being brought back into the surface of his mind, he began questioning his situation… the last moments before he… 

“...didn’t I die? …Is this what my afterlife looks like?”

There weren't any particular feelings that Hatsuko was feeling other than the void inside his heart. The only thing that could describe how he felt, would be like this empty world which represented himself… 

It was nothing…

But as Hatsuko slightly closed his eyes, he felt that something… or someone was staring at him.

It was a strange feeling, yet familiar to him, to the point where he didn't seem that worried or concerned about it.

As Hatsuko was at the edge of the world, enjoying the outstanding view of this place, he looked to his right, only to find someone else.

“....”

“I see… so it was you…” Hatsuko said as he realized who it was.

On Hatsuko’s right was another boy with long brown hair that reached his shoulders. Parts of eyes were covered by the shadow of his hair, and his expression was unchanged, and broken.

But even though this tall boy was unusual, Hatsuko immediately knew who he was…

This person was with him the whole time, even though he had never realized it.

He was there when he was sad, he was there when he was happy, and he was there when he was completely broken.

What reflected in Hatsuko's eyes was another version of himself that had been watching him since he was born.

But what could this version of Hatsuko possibly want here in this empty world? Wasn't he already dead? Wasn't it pointless to figure out what this version of himself wanted?
But no matter how much Hatsuko waited for an answer, that version of himself stood by his side the whole time, watching the amazing and outstanding view that was in front of them.

“Aren't you going to say something to me? Like an awesome speech that can lighten this mood, or perhaps… saying that you hate me? Why did you even come here anyway?” Hatsuko asked as he couldn't understand the meaning of this version of himself.

“....”

But once again, what he got as a response was siliene… 

That was until Hatsuko looked at the eyes of the broken version of himself…

He looked like…

“... you too… huh…” Hatsuko said as he looked back down in thought.

Hatsuko knew… 

That version of himself looked so broken to the point even the last remaining emotion within him was completely gone. His green broken eyes no longer contained any light…

But at the same time, Hatsuko could feel the sadness within him…

But still, why was he here? Did he want someone to spend time with? Was that really the only answer he could come up with?

“....” Hatsuko looked back at the panorama-like view in front of him, only to realize that the other version of himself was pointing into the void.

“Are you trying to show me something?” Hatsuko wondered as he tried looking at where the other version of himself was pointing which caused his eyes to shine in the color green.

“...I understand now…” Hatsuko’s eyes widened as he couldn't believe what he was looking at.

It was the one thing that he had been asking for an entire life. The question that kept bugging him every time he closed his eyes.

The answer that he has been seeking with all of his might!

.

.

.

.

.

Make sure to rate this novel if you enjoyed this chapter!

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

18