Conflict within the district… – Chapter 220
419 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

<━━━━━━━━━━━>

At a certain place within the 14th realm, there was a certain building where not so many demons could be seen anymore.

But a certain demon, dressed in all-black, with dark gloves, crimson eyes, and dark, silky hair, remained there, unconcerned with the commotion going on outside.

He suddenly showed interest in what was going on out there, sipping something that had a black aura of it, peering through a screen with his legs crossed.

“Great master!!” Suddenly, a demon rushed inside the room. “We need to move out of this place!!”

But, despite the fact that that demon was worried about this dark demon, there was no response.

“Did you have everyone else evacuate from here?” The dark haired demon calmly asked after taking another sip from his cup.

“Y-yes! But that doesn't matter right now, we need to get y–”

“Zonnel.” The dark haired demon interrupted. “My work here is done. From now on, you are in charge of everything that I own.”

“B-but!” The demon was left speechless as he couldn't understand what was going on in the mind of his master.

Why did he suddenly give up his position as a leader? Was he running away from everything he owned, or was he sacrificing himself for them?

“Take care.”

But before he could snap back to reality–

“Great master!!”

–he was already long gone as if vanishing into thin air.

* * *

Numerous demons could be seen soaring through into the sky with their swords drawn, ready to slay anything in their path.
And their targets?
Every other building they had erected in this location was being destroyed by their target, who could be seen clearly in groups.
“Why are those fuckers running on the ground!?” One of the demons confusingly asked in disgust at how those angels were destroying all of the builds.

“Don’t let them get away!! Shoot everything you have!!” A demon ordered in anger.

And without any hesitation, all of the demons started shooting everything they had, demonic weapons, spears, and every kind of ability they held.

But unfortunately, none of the attacks seemed to be effective. That's why a significant amount of demons flew on the ground in order to get a better shot.

But to their surprise, those angels started spreading into different paths..

“They are spreading! Go get them!!!!!” The same demon ordered once he noticed the pattern those angels were taking.

He found it strange how these angels were utilizing the topography to their advantage in order to fend off all of the aerial assaults. Every time he noticed that nothing was working thus far, he became furious.

..

.

One of the angels, which had taken a separate route from the rest of the angels, could be seen flying at a low level so he wouldn't be caught that easily from the demons.

But what made his job much easier was how those demons missed their attacks, accidentally destroying the buildings that they owned.

“Get back here and have a taste of this, you white winged bastard!!!”

This angel, however, turned around and summoned a sword in his palm once he realized he was sufficiently separated from the rest of the group.

“So, you’ve finally given up, you white winged bastard?” The demons smirked as they saw that this angel didn't plan on running away anymore.

“No. The only thing I’ve given up, Is me offering you a chance.” The angel calmly said as he immediately cut off their heads in an instant without giving them a chance to think of anything else.

“W-what!?! How does he have a soul sword–AGHH!!!!” Some of the demons expressed shock after seeing such executions carried out so easily.

However, not far from where this angel was engaged in combat, a demon with dark clothing and hair stood nearby. He was fascinated by the angels who had invaded this area.

"This seems really interesting…" The demon ignored the destruction and conflict that the other demons were presently going through as he chatted casually.

* * *

Somewhere near the same place where some of the demons were preparing themselves, a certain general demon could be seen holding a monster which seemed to be captured with sharp razor chains around its neck. Its head was that of a wolf, and its body in the form of a humanoid being.

“You must be suffering, you poor little soul.” The general remarked after gazing at the aura that this beast was emitting nonstop. “But worry not, because I’ll take care of you.”

The demon slowly approached the wolf monster and tried touching one of its arms. But before the demon could even manage to reach its skin, the wolf growled in anger.

“GRrrrrr!!!!! *bite*” And as soon as the demon was close enough, the wolf attempted to bite off the hand but failed due to the shackles that might have instantly severed his neck.

But the general devil didn't like this kind of response. His attention was directed at the beast that had no qualms about challenging the demon that had imprisoned it.

“You weak insect!! You dare bite me?”

Not liking the way the wolf was behaving, the demon cut off the monster's head with a swing of his hand.

“......”

There was a gap of silence when the wolf fell down, leaving the general demons with a soft glare.

The silence, however, was short-lived when a particular injured demon approached this tent in alarm.

"More reinforcements are required! The first and third primary zones were breached by those angels. The demons are all being exterminated and driven back! He informed the general in alarm.

"What? How could you possibly fail to capture a few angels?! Are you all that incompetent?" The general clenched both of his hands as he spoke.

"Thay are simply t–...." The injured demon attempted to explain before his eyes widened in terror and his voice grew progressively softer. "W-what... is… happe…." 

The injured demon collapsed to the ground, dead, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

The general knew that those injuries weren't life threatening, that's why his eyes narrowed to slit before turning behind him only to find a certain demon that released a dark aura.

"...So you finally showed your true self?" 

The dark haired demon looked at the beheaded wolf on the ground before smirking at the general.

“My true self? I’ve been acting as I have always been though. It's you who is acting differently.” The dark haired demon spoke. “Or are you perhaps implying that I shouldn't be here? Especially while you were playing with your pet.”

Not liking how this demon was talking, the general clenched both of his hands in anger.

“Hm? Am I perhaps sensing some rage within you?” The dark haired demon smirked.

“You bastard! You betray us all, and now you have the pride to come here and make fun of me!?” 

“I betrayed you?” The dark haired demon responded in surprise. “I never did such a thing now, did I? Or are you perhaps referring to the plan on kidnapping thousands of mortals from different worlds.” He continued teasing, his smile never disappearing from his face.

"You betrayed your own kind for not doing your own job as a dem–"

"Oh did I, now?" 

The general yelled back at him, but he was cut off before he could finish, noticing that something had stabbed him.

The general looked down, only to find that his own chest had been penetrated through with ease.

"Y-you bastard…" The general cursed as his last breath left his body, making himself fall down to his eternal death.

"Now then, I should probably head back and greet the one responsible for this." The dark haired demon said with a soft voice, hinting excitement about his next task.

* * *

Above the whole city of all demons could be seen two particular individuals who seemed to be floating in the sky.

"Master, should we join as well?" Sofiel asked the green eyed human beside her.

"....."But he didn't appear to be responding in any way. He continued to watch the battle between the army of demons and the many angles that were destroying their opponents with razor-sharp eyes.

Even so, the massive number of demons continuing to charge was starting to overwhelm some of the angels. And that included not only warriors but also the demonic inhabitants of every home in this area.

Noticing this sort of pattern, Seikatsu looked at the angel beside him without any sort of reaction.

However, seeing this sudden thing, Sofiel nodded before looking back down.

"I understand. I'll try to find the main core of this district." Sofiel said before both she, and the Seikatsu jumped down to where the battle was occurring.

.

.

.

.

.

 

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

8