Chapter 4
142 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After studying the scroll's contents for a full two hours, Pan Chao finally decided to turn in for the night as he quickly put the scroll away in a small storage pouch which the Pan clan's elder who was in charge of his teachings had gifted to him as a sign of building the foundation of their master and disciple relationship. This was rather normal for elder level figures in clans as large and resourceful as the Pan clan.

However, before finally falling asleep, Pan Chao could not help but to notice a bright but somewhat distant light that was shining right outside of Crimson Circle. Since the Pan clan's headquarters which him and his family were living in were at the western most edge of the city, it was not unexpected for him to see such a sight. Without delaying, Pan Chao quickly opened up the window that led out into the city, and made his way out just in case he would be the first of the many who saw the light that seemed to be heading towards the ground at an extremely fierce speed.

To his surprise, there were no other individuals within the city who were making such a big commotion which meant that something about the bright light seemed off. But since no one else saw it, Pan Chao's heart which was thumping from anticipation and anxiety began to slow down until it was back to normal. However, he could not help but to think that the only reason he and only he was able to see it, was because there was something special to be taken.

Upon exiting the city, Pan Chao saw a dust cloud in the far distance within the forest area that was there in order to allow some experts to train without others being around. WIthout delaying a single moment, Pan Chao headed towards where the small dust cloud was that was almost invisible given how dark the night sky was above the world.

After sprinting full speed for a total of fifteen minutes, Pan Chao finally saw what the bright light in the sky was, not just that but it created a small crater within the earth. Laying with her body cut apart in many different pieces was a female cultivator. What surprised Pan Chao, was that this female cultivator's energy was far beyond what he had ever experienced. It took several minutes for him to calm down after being swallowed by a fierce killing intent.

"Damn, if it was not for that old monster getting in my way, I would have been able to use this artifact to usher in a new era for my race. Alas, whoever is filled with enough good karma will be able to reap the fruits of my labor. I just hope that such a cultivator would be of the Heavenly Immortal stage, otherwise I will die here cursing the heavens!" the female cultivator yelled towards the sky, clearly with her body about to give out.

After screaming such a thing out, the female felt her body shaking uncontrollably as if the remaining energy within her body was about to leave it and she would arrive within the underworld. At this moment, the female was able to sense Pan Chao even though he had almost no spiritual energy within his body.

"You are the one chosen by the heavens? I suppose my luck was incredibly horrible for a small ant to be rewarded by the heavens with a heaven defying artifact. If I knew that this would happen, I would have chosen not to kill my way through hordes of demon beasts and just live my immortal life drinking some nice wine and listening to the universe." the female said before a large mouthful of blood poured out of her mouth.

Seeing the entire scene playing out caused a knot to form within Pan Chao's stomach as he watched the expert that seemed to have controlled the clouds and could destroy entire Commanderies with a simple flick of the wrist, had now passed onto the underworld. However, as he watched the skin and bones turn to dust, the once large crater was reshaping and after roughly a minute, the ground was normal as if nothing had fallen from the sky in the first place.

Before running back to his home and going to bed right away with fear in his mind of the city being destroyed from whatever had killed such a supreme existence, Pan Chao saw something reflecting the moon's light on the ground. Quickly picking it up, it was a small round sphere that had no markings on it and seemed very ordinary. However, Pan Chao knew better and quickly placed it into his storage pouch before sprinting full speed back to Crimson Circle.

Making it back to his room in one piece, Pan Chao remained sitting with an ordinary sword by his side as he stared out into the night sky. It would take an entirety of five hours until his mind was at ease and he finally fell asleep after relaxing his demeanor slightly. It could not be helped, since he spent the entire day cultivating so his body was in need of some rest.

The next morning started out the same as it always had, except Pan Chao slept in a few more hours. This did not worry his parents, since they understood the toll training took on one's body and mind. However, if Pan Chao did not show his face before they left for their daily work for the clan, then they would of course check in on him.

It took some time, but Pan Chao crawled out of his bed and made his way downstairs for breakfast. His body felt incredibly stiff, but he felt that he was moving around quite easily, as if every step he took, had some momentum behind it. This was a strange occurrence, but he did not pay much attention to it as he walked down the stairs and into the dining area.

4