Chapter 10
108 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With only a single breath of time, the words shrank and combined together before turning into a little ball of light that entered Pan Chao's head. Suddenly, the formation pattern was memorized by Pan Chao and he realized that it was not a simple formation pattern, but a foundation building one that would allow him to use his spiritual energy to enhance items with his Dao instead of inscription patterns!

Usually, a formations expert would use inscription patterns to help bring forth a type of Dao in which they were familiar with and this was considered to be the norm of the formations world of his world. However, this formation pattern that he now had, could be considered to be a more pure version of this aspect of creating heaven defying weapons and armor. "With something like this, it should not be difficult to have my name spread across the entire world as a formations expert!" he thought to himself as he blinked and found himself waking up on his bed.

The sphere-like object was still on the floor of his room, and without hesitating, Pan Chao threw it into his storage pouch as if it was the most priceless treasure in the world, which at this moment, Pan Chao felt was not stretching the truth by much. Before being told by his master to cultivate to the Elementary level one stage of cultivation, Pan Chao was already considered to be a one star formations expert. This was enough for him to make very simple repairs on intermediate level formations, but not enough for him to create something from scratch.

Nothing mattered to him at this point, and he felt nearly invincible to the point where his understanding of formations just from learning the formation pattern increased by leaps and bounds and it would not be considered lying to himself if he declared that very soon he could become a two star formations expert. However, if this were to occur, Pan Chao felt that he would immediately leave the Pan clan and form his own business with his family.

As the sun's light shined through the window of his room, Pan Chao realized that it was finally morning and that he had to seek out his master to buy enough time for his family to not lose everything. Thinking back to his father's demeanor while discussing the Pan clan, made Pan Chao slightly angered, but for the sake of his family, it would be better for him to at least act like a trained dog of the clan for the time being.

Walking down to the table where his parents sat, Pan Chao chose to not disclose what had occurred last night, and instead began eating breakfast with them remaining silent. "I want to know which path you have chosen." Without giving him a change to even put the first piece of food in his mouth, Pan Chao's father asked him this question as his eyes narrowed.

"Father, I will go and apologize a second time to the elder so that our family could remain within the Pan clan. Do not worry, I have already set my sights on becoming a two star formations expert and once I reach that goal, I will help lead our family out of the Pan clan's area and we will travel to a village of your choosing to set up our base for the future." Pan Chao said as he dropped the piece of food from his spoon to await his parents response.

Listening to his son's response, the room's atmosphere seemed to slightly change as both of his parents made eye contact. "That is a wise decision but also gives your mother and I enough time to make proper arrangements. From what I could tell, I will give you one year to reach the two star formations expert level, otherwise you will not be allowed to accompany us our of the clan."

"Your father is correct. Given our cultivation levels, we could live rather comfortably in a village serving the top clan and training some of their youths. I would not be surprised if your father and I would be offered elder positions within said clans as well." Pan Chao's mother chimed in. This caused Pan Chao slight confusion but after pondering over it for some time, it started to make sense.

For a village clan to exist, they would at least have to have a Patriarch at the Intermediate stage of cultivation. Since his parents were rather close to that stage to begin with, receiving comfortable offers and even high positions within a village clan was not something that they would have to worry about.

Every stage had nine levels and out of the nine levels, said levels were separated between three stages which were the early, advanced, and perfection stages. Since Pan Chao's parents were Elementary level seven, they were in the perfection stage of the Elementary stage of cultivation. Since this was the case, they could be treated much better compared to those only in the advanced stage of the Elementary stage of cultivation.

"If I do not reach the two star formations expert stage within one year, I do not deserve to leave the Pan clan. Do not worry, I have already felt some breakthroughs when it comes to formations and only need to learn some more and gain insight into a Dao before I could officially break through the shackles keeping me at only one star." Pan Chao told them with confidence and a bright light shining from his eyes.

What Pan Chao said could be considered correct, but this was because he would not be approaching formations the same way that the rest of the world chose to do. In name, since he finally understood how inscriptions worked, he was technically already a two star formations expert. However, instead of just drawing inscriptions that could borrow energy and insights from the heavens to operate, with the new foundation technique, he could implement his own insights which would show a significant increase in power and energy within each inscription.

3