Chapter 11
103 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Usually he would be overjoyed that he could be considered incredibly advanced as a formations expert where star stages would mean almost nothing to him, but this also brought a slight depression in his mind. If learning the foundation pattern made him nearly peerless from a technique standpoint alone, wouldn't that mean that formation experts in his world were nothing compared to those who existed elsewhere?

Hearing the determination from their son's words made both of his parents proud as they were now finally able to enjoy the short time together while eating breakfast. Not too long after, Pan Chao stood up and began walking towards the door so that he could make his way towards where his master was known to spend his time.

Before he could place his hand on the handle to open the door to the outside world, Pan Chao's mother had one more thing to tell him. "Be sure to not mention anything even to your master about us beginning our arrangements to leave the Pan clan. If our actions were to be found out before we are able to leave, we might not be able to leave as peacefully, if at all. The Pan clan sees you as a golden egg, but as for the both of us, killing would not be a dealbreaker."

All Pan Chao could do was nod in agreement before finally making his way out. His master's work area was on the complete other side of the Pan clan's headquarters so it would take at least ten minutes for Pan Chao to reach the area. Along the way, he felt his heart jerk from his mother's words. He was only eleven years old, but he understood some of the consequences that the disciplinary hall of the Pan clan enacted against its members.

Looking up in the sky towards the heavens, Pan Chao felt that he needed to make a promise that if his parents were to be hurt in any way physically by the Pan clan, that he would seek revenge for the remainder of his life, no matter how many years or even centuries that it would take him.

Unfortunately, the Pan clan had existed within Crimson Circle for over twelve hundred years, and the protective formations that were set down by his ancestors was enough to give even a Grand Master stage cultivator headaches. However, from what he had assumed from talking to his parents about the Pan clan's actions towards them, it was mainly just verbal ridicule.

Not too long after making a vow to the heavens, Pan Chao had arrived at his master's workplace. Due to him being both an active elder and a two star formations expert, Pan Chao's master was able to secure his own building within the Pan clan's headquarters which would remain his until he died of either old age or in battle.

The building was noticeably bigger than even the warehouses that the medical hall and the alchemy hall of the Pan clan had. Usually, every warehouse would be the same size for each hall associated with a clan, but because the Pan clan profited the most with the items that Pan An added inscriptions to, it clearly showed why the warehouse was much bigger.

As he walked into the building, Pan Chao could not help but to notice that the three shields that his master was tasked this week on working on, all had the needed inscription patterns on them as they radiated a fire type energy. Pan An was an Intermediate stage cultivator that touched the doors of both the Heat and Flame Body Minor Dao paths. Therefore, he was able to be more proficient with inscriptions of the Fire Grand Dao.

When concerning the star level of a formations expert, a formations expert would more than likely have to reach a particular stage within their cultivation before they could properly achieve a higher star level. That being said, it would be impossible for Pan An to achieve the five star formations expert stage unless he were to reach the Master stage of his cultivation.

What separated a lower star level when it came to formation experts compared to higher star levels, was their own personal comprehension towards their Dao paths. Such differences were very clear when looking at items that were inscribed on by a seven star formation expert compared to a third star formation expert. Every type of trade had their own requirements to reach a higher star level, and for formations, it was comprehension!

Feeling his disciple's presence, Pan An turned around from the table he was resting next to. "Ah, it is good that you have chosen to not hold a grudge against our Pan clan for its actions against your family. It seems that you are worthy to be the personal disciple of this elder!" he said with a large smile on his face. "Things might have gotten much worse if you were unable to accept such results of your actions."

"Master, I once again apologize for my actions yesterday. This disciple understands that my actions warrant consequences and hope that master will decide to continue teaching me the ways of formations so that I can continue aiding our Pan clan." without waiting, Pan Chao stated his apology once again as he kowtowed towards his master.

In his mind, Pan An had always treated him very well so if he were to take revenge on the Pan clan later on in his life, he might spare this master of his. However, from hearing his master's explanation concerning his punishment, it seemed like Pan An was not involved in any way and because of this, Pan Chao felt he would be more lenient towards him only if something terrible were to befall him and his parents.

"As my personal disciple, you are able to do much more within our Pan clan's headquarters but with such a title, you need to remember not to make things difficult for me. Do not worry about your mother being punished in order to punish you, this Pan clan of ours did something similar to me when I was younger and had just joined. If it were not for the Patriarch being able to outclass me in strength, I would have left a while ago."

3