Chapter 27
62 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He Chao felt like he was a genius with his words and his expression couldn't help but to show this as well. Wei Yan felt a shiver down his spine, because having to rely on a little kid with obvious social issues was something he had yet to fully come to terms with. However, he also realized that he most likely would not be able to finish the lion type demon beast on his own with his most powerful attack, so using himself as a defensive wall was for the best.

"So let's say that your plan works, these three demon beasts under your care become the new overlords of the area, and I am able to get a nice promotion in the army. What will you be doing after all of this? Earlier it seemed that you had no plans on joining the army, but there must at least be something that you are interested in doing, right?" Wei Yan asked before diving into his meat stew. The smell coming from the bowl was magnificent and he could not wait any longer.

"I plan on leaving this Commandery and possibly attending a school that I have heard about before coming out here to train myself to live with no one else's help. I may be young, but I do have my own prospects such as becoming a powerful formations master and one day ruling over a region of my own."

"I would recommend that you stop trying to pry into my business. For your information, if you were not valuable to me in this situation, I would not have brought you here. It is my personal test that I can only leave once the lion type demon beast is slain and that means I only have two months to make the deadline to take the entry examination."

Without saying another word, He Chao stood up and walked out of the pavilion on a mysterious looking nearby trail that seemed to lead off of a small cliff that had not a single tree near it. Wei Yan's eyes met with each of the three demon beasts, but since he could not hold a conversation with them, he instead decided to lay down in a small cott that he made for himself before dinner.

"You sure were incredibly confrontational with him, it is almost as if remaining in this area pulled you away from being a human and turned you into a little demon after so much time. Next time I will keep this in mind before giving you a task." From behind He Chao, appeared a ghostly female figure as her words reached his ears. A single tear ran down his face as he turned around and was able to finally see his master once again.

"Senior Cao, why did you leave me like you did for so long? Without you I felt so lost and alone, even with the three demon beasts you had me tame the feeling of not having you around was equivalent to carving my heart out with a rusty axe."

Senior Cao's face was one of slight sympathy, but she also had a small hint of an understanding smile as she approached her disciple. "I was never gone, but you had to learn how to survive on your own for a while away from humans so that in the future, you will at least have some survival skills. Back in my world, the children would be forced to do this when much younger compared to you."

"Do not worry little one, the test is almost over which is why I have appeared. WIth the help of that soldier, you should be able to slay that demon beast and from there, you could probably sell its corpse for enough money to just make that school's entry exam. Just remember, this world is one that promotes the idea of the survival of the fittest so if one of those four helpers of yours are killed in the battle, you must suppress those emotions until that demon beast is finally slain."

"Remember the reason why I chose that school is because it specializes in the way of blacksmithing. If you are able to grow your personal resources while contributing enough to the school's business as a formations expert, you will be able to use your newly formed background in the future to obtain the backing of many strong clans and organizations since not every powerful power in this world has access to a formidable formations expert."

"If you can showcase your formations experience during the entry exam, you will possibly get better treatment than an outer student of the school which would be ideal. From the research we conducted on the school, it looks like it is not a very big one, but a legendary blacksmith's disciple created it since his family at the time was located within the Ancient Mountain Commandery. Therefore, its foundation is absolutely a solid one and up until now it has remained completely neutral choosing to work with all clans and organizations and not picking any sides."

"You might not want to follow suit, because if they chose to pick sides during expansion type wars, the school itself would more than likely be a juggernaut even compared to the other surrounding Commanderies neighboring it. Remember, those who treat you with kindness deserve to receive kindness back if it is genuine. Relationships are one of the many pieces of the foundation you will be building yourself upon in the future!��

Listening to Senior Cao's teachings caused He Chao's demeanor to change as the fierce and unapproachable barbaric youth now looked like a little child who has refound love and acceptance. After being transported to this new Commandery while assuming he had no clan to go back to, He Chao's only connection he had still was Senior Cao.

2