7- The Upgrade
231 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Duncan mulled over how to best use his points. Including the points that he previously held onto, the total was now 10,757 points. 

In what way should he use his points? The idea to keep his base hidden was thought about, however it seemed that they have seen where his base was from the beginning. Looking at the front, it wasn't hard to see where it was due to the fact that it had a large metal door which was only hidden due to the mountains around it. From above you could easily see it. 

"First off, I should think about what I want to do about Eremus, as he had leveled up due to fighting Reaper. 

"What is the [Nightmare Bat] Evolution?" Duncan questioned and he selected Eremus's status window and selecting the Enhance button. 

Eremus Level 14: (99%)
11,837/12000
Class: Elemental
Stats:
HP: 1220 + (Health points)
MP: 326 + (Magical Points)
SP: 135 + (Stamina points)
Str:   16 (+20) + (Increase physical affinities)
Char:  18 (+25) + (Increase likeability and persuasion)
Int: 13 + (Increase magic and mental affinity)
Wis:  9 + (Increase resistence to mental status effects)
Dex:   25 + (Increase flexibility and speed)
Con: 8 + (Increase resistences to physical status effects)
Feats:
Defeating the Reaper, Acquiring Spirit Flames
Evolution Tree:

  1. Flames
    1. High Flame Elemental
    2. Flame Spirit
  2.  Bat
    1. Nightmare Bat
    2. Hellbat
  3. Death
    1. Hellfyre
Level Up Points: 56 Feats tip: Feats is a document of what the denizen has achieved in this form. The better the feat the better the reward. Some Feats unlock special evolution trees or skills.  Evolutions Tip: The higher level the denizen the higher the base stat total of the evolved form. A level 3: Human evolving into a Level 1 Angel has less stats than a Level 15 Human into a Level 1 Angel.  

Duncan took note of the tips at the bottom as well as the explanation for each of the stats. With 56 points that he could dump into any of the stats he had to think about how to make use of Eremus. 

There was the one time when he was ordering Eremus that he went against his control simply because of his [Voracious] trait. Now was that a physical or mental condition? Duncan remembered that traits could adapt and change over time due to their environment. 

Should he just dump the points into wisdom and constitution so that it wasn't a problem now? But what if the trait mutated and changed... would the investment be worth it? 

Duncan started to overthink things,  a problem that he has had for a while. 

"More resistances to survive, or more power to deal with threats...  the problem with more power is that Eremus is also [Aggressive] which means he can lash out as his fellow denmates if they anger him... 

Duncan thought it over before finally putting points into wisdom and intelligence. 

More power, more resistences as a balance, in addition wisdom normally helps regenerate MP  faster in some games. 

With Eremus out of the way, since he wanted to leave evolving him for later, Duncan focused on the next biggest thing. The A.I. of his base. 

Each of them specialized in different things. 

Edmond had a system already set up which tracked if objects were approaching. Now that he knew what the threat is, Duncan can now set up ways to counter them. Of the 13 islands he saw which housed the Hunters as they call themselves.  He knew what four of them are and now that one of them is dead he only had information about three of them which could get stronger in the future.  

Taking these facts into account that left nine more that he did not know about. From the facts of the announcer he could infer that one of them was Inari's mother so maybe a fox beast or something that could control spirit flames. 

Laura specialized on robotics, 2% of her powers could be utilized with the current set up, most of which was helping the lab with some research and for set intervals just water the plants in the indoor greenhouse. 

He could expand her use so that he could automate a production line. What would he produce in mass quantities?

Tyrian specialized in hunting, though he could not display any of his prowess due to no suitable facility. What would Tyrian need to function? 

Could he buy more AI? 

Looking at the shop, there was a section for him to purchase survivors, all at exorbitant prices... then again if the goal was to prevent his survivor count from reaching zero then it would be outrageous to buy survivors cheaply. 

Duncan decided what he wanted to do with the AI. 

Duncan transformed one of the medium rooms into a droid production facility, one to make basic droids costed him 5,500 alone for Laura to produce simple droids. He also installed two gun turrets in the front room. Each of them 800 points apiece.  

Alongside the droid production facility it came with a very basic droid model. 

A notification popped up. 

AI: Laura now has 12% Accessibility. Features unlocked: Automated Production,  Less maintenance needed. 

AI: Tyrian now has 4% Accessibility. Upgrade the droid models to improve Accessibility. Features unlocked: Basic tracking.  Warning! Due to no known network installed, Tyrian can only control one hunting bot at a time. If the bot is destroyed then Tyrian will cease to function until retrieved. If the AI Chip is destroyed then Tyrian will cease to exist.  

With only 3,657 points left Duncan had to figure out what he wanted to do with them. He could do a basic upgrade to all of his current dwellers. Or he could funnel his points to make an elite force which would protect the rest of them so that they could grow in time. 

With knowing how dangerous his foes are, Duncan opted to focus on two more individuals. He wanted one to focus on evasion and scouting so that he could understand more of the area, and the other to be a defensive specialist to protect those at the base. 

With that being the case Duncan chose the two that best fit his criteria. 

For the defensive position, Duncan chose Osvall Moores the Minotaur. With the traits [Iron-Muscle] and [Hearty] it made him highly defensive as his constitution, strength, and health saw an increase in stats. 

Gene mods came at a variety of prices and was one of the options for upgrading his denizens. There was also the skill/bonus tab. 

Name: Osvall Moores
Age: 47

Level 2 (57%)
171/300

Race: Minotaur
Class: Fighter
Skills: N/A Class Upgrades: N/A

Traits:

[Berserk- Chance to become uncontrollable, will attack allies and enemies alike. Chance rises each time you are attacked]

[Iron-Muscled- Muscles like iron, takes reduced damage from physical blows, Increases Str and Con by 20]

[Simple- Cannot understand complex operations, Decreases Intelligence by 10] 

[Hearty- A strong and healthy body, Increases Health by 500, Increase Con by 30] 

Skill Shop Reclassing: N/A Trait Reroll (Free 1st time ever, 1000 points increasing each time) 
Trait Shop

Having skills were another surefire way of helping guarantee that they could survive. 

Duncan looked over at the Trait Reroll but thought against it as the current set of traits were what he was looking for. Having a sharp mind would be better but right now he needed to focus on something else.

Duncan opened up the skill shop and browsed the skills, sorting them for defensive abilities. 

Some of them required objects such as shields others required a special energy source such as Ki or magic. 

Duncan selected the skill [Enraged Bulwark] It was a cheap skill since the precondition for the skill to be able to activate was for the user to be enraged. A skill that would be easy to use since Osvall had the [Berserk] trait. Its effects were simply that when enraged, the user would take reduced damage from all attacks. 

In addition to the skill Duncan also spent some points to obtain the skill [Steadfast Barrier] It costed more points but its effect was that if one had a shield that covered the body then by planting it in the ground the user would be an immovable barrier for a few seconds. It does not negate any damage the shield or the user would take if any weapons pierced the shield. 

Next up was a choice between two people. Yukari had the [Quick] trait, it increases the speed in which she does activities as well as increase the distance she can travel. With the trait [Accurate] she could get detailed information due to her enhanced eyes and coordination. [Loner] also helped since most of the time scouting she would probably be alone. 

The other candidate was the Maine Coon. June had the traits [Silent] ,he cannot makes no noise, and [Alert]; a skill which raises his awareness thus he would take notice if things were moving near him.  

What should he choose? Yukari could cover more distance but June was the better scout. 

After mulling it over, the thing Duncan needed right now was scouting over a large distance so he chose Yukari.

Skills that he applied to her was [Sky Sight] a skill which allowed for her to view the area around her as if she was high in the sky. Another skill he acquired were [Hasty Retreat] and [Lesser Stealth], one was a movement skill which only activated when one wanted to get away from danger, the other just masked your presence for a short time. 

With the points he spent, Duncan was not only at 57 points. a far cry from the 10,757 he had to begin win. 

This was it, he had his task force, Eremus for offensive power, Yukari to scout ahead and Osvall to hold the fort down. 

His next order of business was to investigate the ruins that was once the Reaper's home. 

"Yukari, go and scout it out, Waila and Astrid can go as well." 

Next up, the ruins!

___________________________________________________

Hey all... Sederance here again with an update. I apologize for the very late update, turns out going to a better college means more work for me, not to mention juggling job, school, internships over the summer, and then the whole corona thing happened and out of everyone i was selected to be the sole worker of my department as everyone else got laid off... so between that and school which transitioned to online, I only have time to write now, simply because school ended.  I can only look forward to next month when the boss confirmed that we are rehiring the old staff again, I can finally have a break q.q 

Until next time- [Exhausted] [Overworked] Sederance

4