Chapter 23 – Siege
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could hear fighting in the distance. Only Lin and I are inside the house right now.

Hikai: Did the others tell you where they went?

Lin: No.

Hikai: I see. The people attacking are probably demons. Do you want to return with them?

Lin: No. Stay.

Lin wants to stay. I know we have that promise and all but I wonder why she didn’t want to go back. Did something happen?

Man: Search this house!

As I was thinking, we heard a man’s voice from the front of the house. The house is built where the stairs are at the back of the house. The door to the courtyard behind is literally at the bottom of the stairs while the front door has a corridor where the first room would be the living room and every other room.

Hikai: Lin, make sure that you don’t make a sound.

Lin nodded to me. I took the Pole and put it on my back. As we went down, I saw at least one man looking inside the living room. Lin and I exited the room through the courtyard.

Man: Catch them!

The man saw us as we escaped. They chased after us.

Hikai: Damn it. What do we do?

We ran around the city. Everywhere Humans and Demons were fighting. Although the Demons were currently winning since they had the first attack.

Hikai: I haven’t seen anyone I know yet. Should I escape outside the city?

As Lin and I were hiding in a alley, a man found us.

Man: Human, Die!

The man raised his hand.

Man: Waterfall!

A mass of water fell on me.

Hikai: Absorb!

I absorbed the Magic then I rushed the man and hit his face with the Pole.

Hikai: Alright, come on Lin.

Lin and I kept running. We arrived in front of the castle.

Oscar: Damn it! I thought I could finally sleep!

I heard Oscar yell as he fought one of the Demons.

Hikai: Hah!

I hit one of the Demons from behind. There were around 5 guards on the castle gate including Oscar and there were 10 demons who were fighting them. Oscar and the others were able to fight them only because the Demons were only trying to get through the gate and not destroying the castle.

Hikai: Oscar!

Oscar finally noticed me and we fought together against the Demons.

Hikai: Absorb!

There were 6 of us excluding Lin and we were facing off the 10 men. Lin used her magic to bind most of the men. One of them used Thunder strike so I absorbed it.

Hikai: Tch. Hah!

I was able to hit one of the men and knocked them out. Some of the guards and demons died but the only ones left awake were Oscar, Lin and I.

Oscar: Damn it.

Hikai: You alright?

Lin: Heal.

Lin healed Oscar and I. She also healed both the guards and demons that were only knocked unconscious.

Oscar: Thanks.

Hikai: Do you know what happened?

Oscar: The demons that were captured suddenly exploded. Then other demons appeared from somewhere and they took out most of the guards. The ones who were fighting right now are the guards who weren’t lined up at the front gate.

Hikai: What about the heroes?

Oscar: The heroes were patrolling outside when they attacked so I don’t know if they got back.

Hikai: So most probably some of the demons are currently stopping the Heroes or they are keeping the heroes from getting inside the city.

Oscar: Hikai, I need you to find the princess as well.

Hikai: What?

Oscar: The Demons who attacked were able to enter the castle. The princess used herself as bait in order to make them chase her. Some of the knights were also with her as the demons chased after her. Then we let the citizens take refuge inside the castle.

Hikai: Why don’t the demons just destroy the castle walls?

Oscar: The castle walls has high magic resistance so most of them won’t be able to do any damage to it.

Hikai: Right, what about the King and the others?

Oscar: All of them are currently inside the castle.

Hikai: So Princess Jeanne was the only one who ran out.

Oscar: Yeah, the soldiers tried to stop her but all she insisted. “Don’t worry about me. I can handle this!”

Hikai: Seriously?

That was the time another 3 demons attacked us.

Hikai: Absorb!

Oscar: Anyway, leave the front gate to me.

Hikai: Why don’t we make the odds better?

Oscar: What?

I rushed to one of the guards that were dead. I pulled the shield that he currently had.

Hikai: Catch!

Oscar: What!?

Hikai: Run away!

I carried Lin and ran away as fast as I can. We were now near the front gate.

Hikai: Now then, where is the Princess?

Lin: Look.

Lin then pointed towards outside the city gate. We saw the heroes facing off against 20 demons. Behind them were also demons who ere either knocked out or dead. The four of them looked exhausted.

Hikai: Lin, how many can you bind?

Lin raised all of her fingers.

Hikai: So ten. Alright, when we exit the gate I want you to bind all of the demons that are farthest from us. Can you do that?

Lin nodded her head and we slowly approached the front gate.

Beatrix: They really chose the perfect time.

As the four of them were slightly out of breath, Lin and I were at the front gate. I looked towards Lin and nodded to her. I rushed towards the demons.

Hikai: Beatrix! Attack!

They noticed us. Around half of the demons looked back to me while the rest were suddenly hit by bind magic. The heroes didn’t miss the opportunity.

Hikai: Hah!

I swung the pole sideways and knocked two out. Kei used her twin swords to slash five of them while Ryuji used his knuckles to punch three of them. Beatrix used her bow and shot 4 of them in the head while Takeshi used one large Magic spell to knock away the remaining 6.

Beatrix: Hikai! What’s going on?

Hikai: The demons are invading.

Beatrix: What!?

Hikai: You should go to th-

Lin: Ah!

I suddenly heard Lin’s voice and I saw two demons grabbing her.

Hikai: Stop!

I rushed towards them but I was too late. The demon tried to carry her but she resisted. As she resisted, she was let go and she bumped her head. Lin didn’t move.

Hikai: HAHHHHH!

I used the pole and hit one of them on the leg. Then I hit the other one on the waist and both of them couldn’t attack Lin. Then both of their heads were pierced with arrows.

Beatrix: Is she alright!?

Hikai: Yeah, she only fell unconscious.

All of us were now by the city gate.

Beatrix: What do we do now?

Beatrix talked to the others.

Hikai: Hey, can you bring Lin to the castle?

Beatrix: What? Why?

Hikai: Apparently the citizens are there hiding so I want you to take her there. Also, Oscar is the only one left defending it so he needs your help.

Beatrix: Then you should come with us! You’re in no condition to fight.

Hikai: Sorry but I still have something to do. Please take her to the castle.

Beatrix: Bu-

Before Beatrix could speak I ran towards the city once again.

Hikai:  I’m leaving her with you!

Beatrix: Wai-

I didn’t wait for her. As I kept running, I saw Zack and Ester.

Hikai: Zack! Ester!

Zack: Stop! Don’t come closer!

As I arrived on the scene, I saw that they were facing against a demon. He had a huge muscular body. He also had a gigantic sword.

Demon: More of you?

Ester: Don’t come near, Hikai! He’s way too strong!

The both of them were on one knee facing off against the behemoth of a man.

Demon: Hmph.

The demon then proceeded to attack the two of them. I rushed to block his sword.

Zack: Don’t!

Ester: Stop!

I tried to block it using the pole.

Demon: Weakling.

I couldn’t prepare myself for the impact and it threw me through the air. I was able to block the slash but his strength was too much. The Pole broke and I was flung away from their battle.

Zack & Ester: Hikai!

I couldn’t see what happened after that. I landed a few buildings away. I saw that my HP was now only 5%.

Hikai: It wasn’t even a direct hit but he already did that much damage?

As I tried to stand up a huge wave of magic suddenly went towards me. Another wave of magic stopped it in front of me.

Feyris: Is that you, Hikai?

I saw Feyris facing off against a female demon. She was a beautiful demon but her smile just made me uncomfortable/

Demon: Oh? Oh? Who’s this boy? Is this yours?

Feyris: I don’t own him Demon.

Demon: Oh? Then it’s fine if I take him right?

Feyris: Just you dare.

The two of them were competing on pure magic power. The demon had a weird smile on her face as she fought. It looked like she was enjoying herself. I approached Feyris as much as I can.

Hikai: Do you know where the Princess went to?

Feyris: The Princess ran that way. You should go after her.

I nodded my head to her.

Demon: Oh? What are you guys talking about?

The Demon then released more magic. Feyris fought back with her own. I’m not sure if they were the exemption but both of them did not shout their magic.

Feyris: Tch. Hurry!

I ran towards the direction that Feyris pointed to.

Demon: Aw. He’s gone. Oh well, I’ll just take my time with him later after having fun with you.

Feyris: Don’t think that I’ll let you do that Demon.

The two were keeping each other on check as I ran away.

Jeanne: Kya!

I heard the Princess’ voice as I exited the alley. I ran and then I saw the knights and demons. Most of them were knocked our or dead but there were still 3 demons while only 1 guard was left.

Knight: Please stay behind me Princess.

Jeanne: You don’t have to kill them! They’re already powerless!

Demon: We can’t let them attack later so of course we’ll kill them all. We did not come here for a peaceful chat.

The demons attacked. One of the demons charged towards the Knight while the other two chanted Magic. I rushed towards them.

Hikai: Hah!

I hit both of their legs with the pole. The two of them fell to their knees and then I hit the both of them on the back of their head.

Jeanne: Hikai!

Knight: Tch, you! Help the Princess escape!

Hikai: Then you should come with us!

The knight urged me to escape with the Princess as he fought the remaining demon.

Knight: Are you stupid!? There are more of them coming so run away already! Besides, you will just get in my way!

As he defeated the demon, more of them came around the opposite alley.

Hikai: Tch.

Knight: Hurry! Run away already!

There were around 5 more demons who appeared. I pulled the Princess and we ran out of there.

Jeanne: Please be safe.

I was now escaping the Demons with the Princess.

~Chapter 23 End~

2