Chapter 24 – Hiding
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Princess and I are currently hiding in an alley somewhere in the city.

Hikai: Why did you go this way? This is literally the opposite side of the city gates.

Jeanne: The Demons were coming in from the gates as well so I decided to move inside. I didn’t expect that they would be this deep into the city.

Hikai: Right, there’s nothing we can do anymore. What do we do now?

Jeanne: Can you tell me what is going on?

I explained to Princess Jeanne what is currently going on to the places where I passed to get here.

Jeanne: So Oscar and the heroes are guarding the castle while Feyris, Zack and Ester are currently fighting some strong demons.

As Princess Jeanne analyzed the situation I noticed that my HP had recovered to 30 %.

Jeanne: Then have you seen Ranga?

Hikai: I have-

As I was about to answer Princess Jeanne’s question, the building beside us was suddenly destroyed. It looks like someone was sent through it.

Jeanne: Wha-

As both of us were surprised, I put my hand on Princess Jeanne’s mouth and pulled her behind the other building and looked over the situation.

Ranga: Tch. I’m not done yet!

It was Ranga. He suddenly rushed out once again. I quietly told her to not make any noise. She nodded and I let go of Princess Jeanne and both of us peeked over to Ranga.

Ranga: Now isn’t this interesting. You’re pretty strong.

Ranga was facing off against a Demon. The Demon didn’t reply to Ranga.

Ranga: You’re really not one to talk huh.

As we saw the both of them face off, I signaled Princess Jeanne to move back.

Ranga: Well then, why don’t we go a bit faster this time?

As both of us stepped back, we hit a pebble and it created a small sound.

Demon: Hmm?

The Demon noticed it and rushed towards us.

Ranga: What!?

Ranga was surprised and he chased the Demon. From my sight, the Demon disappeared so I used the Demon Energy to project my surroundings. The demon was already beside us ready to attack.

Demon: !!

The Demon was surprised but didn’t stop his attack. I used the Pole to block his fist. I was able to block his attack. It wasn’t that strong. This demon might specialize in speed.

Demon: Hrgh.

Then as the Demon hit the Pole, I used my whole body to resist the force then his fist sparked like lightning but it seems that the Pole resisted his Magic.

Ranga: Don’t forget about me!

As the Demon was surprised that the Pole resisted his Magic, Ranga was able to hit him on the side of his waist. The Demon crashed on one of the buildings.

Ranga: Hikai? So you’re the one he was chasing.

Hikai: Yeah, thanks a lot for saving us. Are you okay?

Ranga: Of course I am. Looks like the Princess is with you. I don’t think that you can cross over here. You should go through that path since the Princess is with you.

Hikai: Feyris is over there fighting another Demon. What should we do?

I asked Princess Jeanne.

Ranga: He’s back. I have to go. Make sure that you’re careful.

Ranga rushed towards the demon once again.

Jeanne: I believe that we should follow Ranga’s advice.

Hikai: Right, let’s go.

The two of us left the scene as Ranga fought against the Demon. Both of us reached Feyris’ battle. The two of them were now moving. They were firing Magic at each other while going in a circle. I whispered to Princess Jeanne.

Hikai: How are we going to pass through here?

Jeanne: I am not sure.

I noticed something at the last battle. I’m going to try it again.

Hikai: I have an idea. Be prepared to run at any time.

Princess Jeanne nodded to me. As Feyris and the Demon kept running around in circles I made my move. As the Demon was the closest to us, I projected the Demon energy that I have.

Demon: What?

The Demon then turned to me and Feyris didn’t let the chance go. She smiled and launched her magic towards the demon.

Feyris: You shouldn’t get so distracted.

The Demon was hit by one of Feyris’ Magic and she was blown away to one of the buildings. Princess Jeanne and I ran as fast as we can past them.

Feyris: Good job. Now, leave this to me and keep running.

I heard Feyris as I kept running. I showed her a thumbs up as we passed by.

Demon: That was interesting. Really, I want to have that boy now.

Feyris: Come on, we’re not done yet.

Right before I left the scene, I heard both of them talk. Princess Jeanne and I rested at one of the alleys.

Hikai: Whew, we were able to pass through there.

Jeanne: I believe that we are a few buildings away from the castle.

Hikai: Right, Although I think we still have to go through one more problem.

Jeanne: Problem?

Hikai: From what I remember, Zack and Ester are currently fighting another Demon around here.

The two of us then walked quietly towards the castle and just as I thought, we arrived to where Zack and Ester were fighting.

Demon: Is that all?

As I looked at the situation, Ester was the only one who was facing off against the Demon and I looked around to search for Zack.

Zack: Damn.

Zack was leaning on the building that we are currently hiding with. We slowly moved near Zack.

Zack: What? You’re back?

Hikai: Yeah, The Princess is currently with me as well.

Princess Jeanne showed herself to Zack and nodded towards him.

Hikai: What happened?

Zack: That guy is way too strong. I’m here just resting right now.

Hikai: Right.

As we watched the face-off between Ester and the Demon, the Demon looked towards me.

Demon: Hmph.

He then looked back again at Ester.

Hikai: Is he letting me go?

Zack: I don’t know but it seems that he doesn’t really care about you so I think you should go.

Hikai: Right, are you good to go Princess?

Jeanne: Yes, let us go to the castle.

Both of us started to walk, Ester charged to the demon.

Ester: Hah!

Demon: You never learn do you girl?

The demon swung his fist downward as Ester swung her fist towards him.

Ester: Gah!

Their fists collided and Ester was the one who lost. She slammed hard on the ground and the ground cracked.

Demon: You have potential. Let us see if you can survive this.

As Ester tried to get up once again, the demon prepared to slam his fist on her.

Zack: Ester!

I couldn’t decide if we should leave Ester or not.

Jeanne: Go.

Princess Jeanne pushed my back a little bit and she told me to go.

Hikai: Zack.

Zack: I know. Leave the Princess to me.

I ran towards the demon once again. I held the Pole as I ran towards him.

Hikai: I should go do that again.

I projected the Demon energy once again and as I expected the Demon reacted to it.

Demon: Hmm? This power…

As the Demon stopped his attack, Ester and I didn’t let the opportunity pass.

Ester: Rah!

As I did a overhead strike, Ester suddenly glowed gold and attacked. Ester did one punch to his stomach while I hit his head with the Pole.

Demon: I see. So that’s how it is.

The Demon didn’t move and took our attacks head on. Then, Ester fell to the ground afterwards.

Hikai: Ester!

Demon: Hmph. I will let you go just this once.

The Demon then picked up Ester and threw her towards Zack.

Demon: Leave. I will not give chase.

The Demon then just stood there. Zack carried the unconscious Ester on his back and the three of us left the Demon. I looked one last time to him and I saw him holding the spot that Ester attacked as he stood there staring at us.

Zack: I can’t go anymore. Sorry Hikai but you’ll have to go on ahead without me.

As we left the Demon, Zack then slumped on one of the buildings.

Hikai: What are you talking about? You’re in no condition to fight so we should go together.

Zack: You’re with the Princess. You should take her back to the castle first.

Hikai: Bu-

Zack: Shut up and go. We don’t have time to argue.

Princess Jeanne then tugged on my hand. I looked to her and as she stared at my eyes she nodded. As we left the place, I could hear other people talking.

Man: I found him! Kill the human!

Zack: Tch. Fine, come at me you bastards!

That was the last thing I heard before we left.

Hikai: We’re almost there.

Jeanne: Yes.

The castle was around three buildings away.

Beatrix: No!

We suddenly heard Beatrix’s voice.

Hikai: What?

Jeanne: Was that Beatrix? We should check it out.

The two of us walked quietly to them.

Beatrix: I told you, no!

As we finally saw Beatrix, she was also facing a Demon. She had features that were very similar to Lin. She had fiery red hair tied at the very end and tanned skin. She seemed to look like a bit older than us. We were behind Beatrix.

Demon: Hmm?

The Demon noticed us as well as Beatrix.

Beatrix: Hikai!? What are you doing here!?

I looked around and saw that Lin is currently sleeping on the wall behind Beatrix.

Jeanne: Is that Lin?

Princess Jeanne went towards her and the Demon didn’t do anything.

Demon: Is that? I see, so that’s what it was. What a coincidence to find both of you here. Looks like no one else realized if you are both still running free.

The Demon spoke but we didn’t really understand what she is talking about so we didn’t reply. As Princess Jeanne took care of the sleeping Lin, I stood side by side to Beatrix.

Hikai: What happened?

Beatrix: She attacked us. It seems that she’s looking for Lin so I ran away so that she would chase us.

Hikai: The others?

Beatrix: They’re guarding the castle gate.

Demon: Are you guys done?

Hikai: Why are you looking for Lin?

Demon: I don’t believe that I should tell you.

Hikai: Then why aren’t you attacking?

Demon: So you want me to attack?

Hikai: No but it’s not like we have a choice right?

The Demon smiled. As she smiled, I felt a chill run down my spine. I projected the Demon Energy. I could feel that her attack purposely missed me so I didn’t move.

Demon: Oh? So you can do that much now. Seems like she chose correctly.

Beatrix: What? What happened?

Demon: What’s your name, boy?

Hikai: Raimei Hikai, what about you Demon?

Demon: Akari. My name is Akari. I have no last name. Not anymore

I was surprised.

Akari: Then I suggest that the two of you prepare. I’m going to get just a little serious here. I haven’t been able to fight someone who knew martial arts for years.

Beatrix and I faced off against the strongest Demon, Akari.

~Chapter 24 End~

2